View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Eat it can Eat me
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 11:34 am 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
I just cant stand copming to these forums with that [edited] post on the screen so i figured i would just post ahead of him. So heres just some things i have been noticing. I was doing a few card tricks for this girl and fanned out the card and told her to pick a card any card. I was about to force her one but she snatched the cards, went through them and took the one she wanted. I was so baffled i was drawing blanks just kind of looking at her. After a few seconds i told her she couldnt do that and when she asked why i told her that people might think its fixed and i hired you. "But were the only two here" she replied and she was right. It was really wierd so i let it go and did another effect but not nearly as good. Most good card tricks require a good force. That ever happen to someone? One thing i noticed about this site is about the demo videos. I have mixed feelings about them because i like to see what im buying but half of them give everything away. Plus you have people that study them for an hour until they know the secret. The 3 in 1 qaurter is pretty funny. Oz starts off by saying "are you sick of your friends coming up to you and saying can you float like that guy on T.V? No i cant but i can do this" The thing is, learn to levitate less than 3 in one. Thats all i can think of for now. P.S I hate you eatitt. LOL, whats the matter? Your name got shut down so you have to spell "it" with two t's?

Post subject: Re: Eat it can Eat me too
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 12:48 pm 
Penguin

I think the most powerful effect that doesn't require a force is good old Triumph. I call this my trick for the trick ruiners. They never get it. I'll realize who they are after the first trick. Usually if I'm with people I know I will do a card effect on someone around I've done one on before. Not really doing the trick for them but so I can see the other reactions of the people around them. If there is a trick sceptic among them He usually won't call you out in front of a bunch of people who obviously are liking what your doing but you'll notice that he will act unimpressed. Once you spot him you can turn directly to him, let him shuffle, pick any card and blow they're heads off with Triumph. Generally once I find a person like that, I don't do magic for them. Not everyone likes it so I'm not about to force it on anyone but The Group setting can really play to your advantage in situations like that. The hardest things for people to get over is the street crowd. All those people gathered around you. But I'll tell you there are more people that want to believe in magic and want to see something cool than don't and in a crowd situation majority rules and it keeps the skeptics quiet. Well I've talked for way too long. Probably just talking in circles.

Post subject: Re: Eat it can Eat me
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:25 pm 
Penguin

that's why i've been working on tricks that don't require picking cards, or at least me not knowing what they pick. ambitious card, card on the celing, 2 card monte, and others. keeps me from having to deal with the problems of forcing. as for the videos, most only give the method away to those of us who know magic. i have lots of tricks that i'm amazed i get away with, but we often forget that what seems simple to us is only that way because we know the methods.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 3:27 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Oh yeah? Well a 7 nation army couldnt hold me back biaaaaaaaaaaaaatch
no i really appreciate that. I like triumph also. The only problem is i use invisable deck all the time and the finale is so similar i dont use it often. The other thing is my cards usually arnt warped.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:32 pm 

I had actually kept away from card tricks for years, because they all seemed to rely on a "special" deck or "gaffed" cards. I couldn't figure out how you could possiblly look natural when trying to perform several card tricks. BUT ALL THAT CHANGED after I watched a Devid Regal video. Now, I start out my routine with one or two tricks that don't require gaffed cards or forcing (ie. Red and Blue, Card Warp, or Hummer). Once the audience is convinced that they really can pick any card, and that the deck is not rigged in any way, I do a deck switch.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 1:56 am 
Penguin

If ya like Triumph I do a killer version of Gambler versus Magician with a triumph finish, see if you can find it out there anywhere it's the trick that KILLS.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:27 am 
Penguin

What Book is it in?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
i think theres a version in art of astonishment

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 2:16 pm 
Penguin

i would really like to learn this triumph trick.could anyone teach me it?my aim is choco0669.thanx

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 9:55 pm 
born to perform.

Triumph!! Great trick, the one that origionated from dai Vernon, right? A very powerful effect, little slight of hand. Getting back to Freed, I hate people like that, but there are not many out there. It's like they want to ruin your tricks