View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Which one is better?
Angels Levitation 61%  61%  [ 61 ]
King Rise Levitation 39%  39%  [ 39 ]
Total votes : 100
 Post subject: King Rise or Angels Levitation?
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:15 pm 
Penguin

How good are the two?
What are the benefits and weekneses of the two?
Which one is better?
Which on leaves a better impact?
Is Angels worth the money?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2006 8:16 am 
born to perform.

Right, this is what i have gathered:

Chris Angel Levitation

thomaspp says: I find the effect to be quite bad honestly. I've seen a lot of people who think well of it. The off ledge effect is completley useless. For all the prop work and for the cost of the DVD I think you'd be better off buying another levitation if you really must "fly." Maybe something like King or Balducci. The Angel levitation has bad angels and just doesn't seem convincing.

gszauer says: All I can say is that it is NOT AT ALL WHAT I EXPECTED!!

The illusion is so simple, and so obvious you will figure it out the minute you see the gimmick, with that being said its GENIOUS, like a modern day baduci levitation. Mentioning the baduci, its about as angle sensitive, if not more. BUT IT IS SOOO COOL!!

The gimmick is costly, but if you have a handyman in your family (or some powertools) and you know how to sow (I might have mispelled that, by sow I mean like make clothes) and some old shues you can pull it off under $100 for the gimmick (I did).

I think it was worth getting for me, but then again I am a levitation freak...

The whole thing is genious...

Also, chriss explains it REALLY WELL! He spends about an hour, mabe an hour and a half explaining it. The explenation is so darn dragged out I almost fell asleep during it..... lol

Bweb789 says: Just got the DVD, its not for me, way to much setup, and to much time.

superduperninjaX10 says: if you want truly the best levitation effect that you can buy for a reasomable amount of money, literally the absolute best is criss angels. he sells it at his web site. it is the one where he levitates onto a chair and flys up the elevator. it is great only bad part is that you have to build it your self but that doesnt matter get it anyways.

King Rising

magicbird05 says: REVIEW:This is a very great levitation because it is very improptu and you begin clean and end clean its my favorite levitation I have.
Pros:
*Spectators can see both feet go off the ground and go back down
* You are clean before and after the levitation
*NO GIMMICKS for this levitatiom
*It is a very great idea invented not the balducci the secrets not very close to the balduccis secret

Cons:
*Can be only viewed from 1 side not both and not all angles
*Can be done in only sneakers
*Normally you have to wear pants for this
*If you dont have a jaket, you need good misderection for the secret move
*Requires some practice before you do it

All in all:This is a great improptu levitation for 25 bucks
Rate:9/10
Good job Corey King!

tdk_ says: king rising is a cool levitation but very difficult to pull off with all the misdirection and balancing yourself (I find that really hard) in that manner.

povallsky says: too much balance not enough magic in this one. stay away I'd say

thutley says: I dont like it because most of the time I am found out,

Don't tell me I haven't practiced because I have I just think the jacket makes the effect a bit suspicous if not presented well. I think its a bold idea which is right in front of their face, if they move just a litle bit then they can see.

sorry but I prefer The Elevator

Walt_Disney says: I don't like this, don't like it at all

kawakami says: hate this lev too!! I's easy for the spectator to figure it out!! just one move and you are death!!

cardist550 says: if you get the right misdirection and angles and pull it off its pretty cool but most of the time someone will move and they wil figure it out

superduperninjaX10 says: STAY AWAY FROM KING RISING. terrrrrrrible effect. I normaly think that when something sucks it is the performers fault, but then the king rising was invented. go for wild levitation.

I have neither so work it out from these

Hope this helps :wink: (it had better for how long i spent on that)

Fraser :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 4:09 pm 
Penguin

that doesn't help me at all. JK! It really was a great review and it helped me alot in making my decision. Now i think i am going to go with angels levitation. thanx a bunch man. You were a great help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:49 pm 
Penguin

i would actually choose the king rising, but the angel levitation would get a WAAAAY bigger reaction
but u will have to spend ALOT more money if you want to do the criss angel levitation, EXcluding the cost of the dvd
so if you want an impromptu levitaion get king rising, but if you hav $$$ and want a bigger reaction, get the criss angel levi...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 1:32 am 
Penguin

Quote:
I would actually choose the king rising, but the angel levitation would get a WAAAAY bigger reaction
but u will have to spend ALOT more money if you want to do the criss angel levitation, EXcluding the cost of the dvd
so if you want an impromptu levitaion get king rising, but if you hav $$$ and want a bigger reaction, get the criss angel levi...

Thats actually inaccurate. You don't have to spend "ALOT more money", for the criss angel levitation. Asides from the video, you only have to spend 60-90 bucks, depending on which items you use. I know the method to both levitations, and although the Kings Rising is pretty much impromptu, you can do much more and get much more with the criss angel levitation. Both are as angle sensitive, believe it or not, the Kings rising is moreso sensitive. However this isnt by much. I'd say its an easy choice to get Masterminds Vol 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 3:49 pm 
born to perform.

Location: a place where everyone knows your name (a long way for a cheers memory)
both are angelish, but criss's is much betterb ecause of the height and readieness to perform it again. kind rising takes a second to clean up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:11 pm 
Penguin

I like king because from what i heard if you perform Angel's you cant do other tricks with comfort before or after because its risky to get caught. But hey i'm no expert in them, so just try and think whats best for you and what you can afford.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 6:48 pm 
Penguin

i'll have to save up for angels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2006 8:22 pm 
born to perform.

Angels levitation you also end clean and start clean. It looks way better and you can do it way higher. You also don't have to worry about am i at the exact right angle like with the king rising. All you have to do is make sure their behing you and not at the sides. I would much rather do angels then king rising. Plus when you levitate up to a ledge it looks great. you actually have a reason to levitate not to just watch this. If you could really levitate you would do it up to something you wouldn,t just do a few inches. One thing i have also learned is that the king rising is hard to balance.

Post subject: Levitation
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 am 
Penguin

I personally think levitations should be left for stage...its gotten to the point now when I show magic to a stranger they ask if I can levitate like Criss Angel or David Blaine...I say yes, but I don't do any levitations because they already know what to expect. Its all been exploited all over the internet which pretty much throws that out of the window, i just stick to simple IT levitations. Much more visual and spontanious.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 4:27 pm 
Penguin

you make a good point goalie. i have to think about it more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 6:38 pm 
Penguin

if you listen to any1 listen to me, angels levitation sux, it can only be viewed from one angle, you would need about 100$ to get the gimmicks, and you would have to have a tall ledge for it to look good, i know the demo looks good but it is really hard to do.

on the other hand king rising is angle sensitive. you kind of have to have a good shoe. it may take a lot of practice, but it gets a good reaction. he also teaches it really good.

so go with the king rising. believe me it is 20 times better. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 4:10 pm 
Penguin

I believe Criss Angel's levatation is the only levatation effect that hasn't been exposed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 6:43 pm 
Penguin

no its been exposed... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:47 am 
Penguin

omg the king rising it so angel sensitive its unbelievable...you shouldnt do it for more than 1 person.....MAYBE 2 because if the spectator moves even 1cm to the side they will probably see your foot...and they might even see it anyways because if your foot isnt in the exact perfect spot your done, i havnt tried criss angels levitation yet but i might in the near future