View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: deck switches
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:13 pm 
Penguin

um how do u guys do proper deck switches? i have lots of gaffed decks...marked, stripper, svengali, diminishing returns...but i find it difficult to switch the deck to a normal bicycle one...can anyone help?

Post subject: Re: deck switches
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 8:15 pm 
Penguin

of course i'm not particularly good at switching...even 'pen thru dollar' fails...i seriously need some help to make my stuff look 'normal'...thanx

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2003 9:35 pm 

How are you currently doing your deck switches? Once I know that, I might be able to give you a few suggestions on how to make it look more natural.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:23 am 
Penguin

um i'm just putting the deck in my bag then say 'oh do you want to see the deck?' then take out the normal deck again...it's pretty lousy but that's all i know

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 12:39 am 
Emperor Penguin

In the first place, never offer a deck for examination! Only allow them to examine it if they ask. By then you can usually make a switch anyway. I see nothing wrong with doing the switch in your "bag". You have to switch 'em somewhere, it may as well be your bag.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2003 11:43 am 

I usually wear a jacket or blazer, with my other deck in the left outside jacket pocket. Once I've done a couple of tricks with a NORMAL deck (I do this on purpose so "suggest" to the spectators that there is nothing suspicious about it), I will have both hands go to my pockets under the ruse of getting some other trick (ie. Hot Rod). The left side of my body is upstage from the spectators so they don't pay much attention to it. Both hands come out of my pockets at the same time, with the Hot Rod in the right hand. I start talking about the Hot Rod and go into that effect while simply placing the switched deck to the side of my performing area. Once I have completed the Hot Rod effect, I can transition my patter back to a card routine. I've done this a million times and no one ever suspects a deck switch. Have fun!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 6:15 pm 
born to perform.

Hey. If you really want to get a clean deck switch I reccomend the "Switcher" from MagicMax.com. It's clean, and works very well, but the con of having it is that you have to use this special book ("Switcher") to switch the cards, but still, it's pretty good.