View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 12:24 pm 
Penguin

DaveV I don't want you to unsticky it its just that I didn't know who did it and wanted to thank them. Because I don't know how to sticky a forum.I agree with both of you.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

clownzippo wrote:
DaveV I don't want you to unsticky it its just that I didn't know who did it and wanted to thank them. Because I don't know how to sticky a forum.I agree with both of you.
Thanx

It's an administrative function. Since Dave is a moderator, his screen looks a little different that yours and mine, with little option buttons like sticky this thread, delete this thread, lock this thread, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

123456789_123_ wrote:
That happened in Newfoundland are you joking i live in St.John's and never heard of that

What are you referring to? Switchblades in newfoundland, or people with lots of money in Newfoundland?

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 10:41 pm 

I guess he never heard of drunks in Newfoundland.

Of course he never heard of this "incident." Why should he? It's hardly newsworthy. A street performer encounters a drunk. Nothing happens. They move on.

Oh yeah, that's headline material. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 3:25 pm 
Penguin

HAHA Nice DaveV.
I totally agree wow a drunk on the streets. You don't see that everyday. :lol:

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:55 pm 
Penguin

Anyone find the Gazzo or Gary Animal cups yet? If so please post here.
By the way I'm keeping an eye out DaveV for the cups you mentioned on ebay.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:52 pm 
Penguin

would bisection be a good trick to close with?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 9:37 pm 
Penguin

I don't know i don't have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:19 pm 

Actually, no it wouldn't for various reasons. It's not angle proof, it has no big buildup that would want them to give you money. It's one of a trend of "five second tricks" that really goes nowhere.

Stick with the classics. That's where the money is.

Cups and Balls
Linking Rings
Straitjacket escape
things like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:37 pm 
born to perform.

Hey guys, I just finished reading through this topic and got really informed on Busking and everything but, clownzippo asked a few times for stories from you guys. I think there was only 1 story that was told. I would like to hear some more Busking stories from you guys please :D .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:34 pm 
born to perform.

OK. Here's one of my favorite stories from my Busking Days. hehe.

I was busking in the streets of Little Rock, Arkansas. There was a River Market that was in downtown area. This entire strip was lined with clubs, restaurants, and on the weekends...LOTS of people.
One night, I finished up, packed up my stuff, picked up my tip jar full of cash and headed to my car. On my way down the sidewalk, I passed a police substation with about 3 cops standing outside. As I passed by, they asked where I was going. I told them I was heading home, gave them a wave and told them to have a good nite. They inquired what my tip jar was for, where I got it, etc... I told them I was a magician and had been performing in various locations around the River Market. They all looked at each other, looked at me and one of them said, "Oh...You're a magician, huh? Then I guess you can do magic right here, right now." :shock: Uh...OK. I said, "Sure...You want to see a few things?". I put down my bag, and my jar and pulled out a deck of cards. :twisted:
Fortunately, there awere LOTS of people on the street and it provided some GREAT misdirection moments. Long story short (I'll spare all the details), I did a simple card thru window effect, that blew all of them away, and a few other great effects. They let me go without any further hassle and told me I could come back out any time I wanted and if I ran into any problems, to just let them know. I told them that I appreciated that and I would see them another night. I turned around to walk off, and then turned back toward the cops standing there. I told one of them that I appreciated their kindness and wanted to give each one of them a token of my appreciation...I gave all 3 of them a business card, and gave the first one his badge that I snagged off his uniform shirt, gave the second one his wallet and and third got his watch and wedding ring back. They gave a laugh, I gave a wink, and NEVER had any problems with anybody on the River Market after that night. :wink:

Oh...It turns out that the reason they stopped me in the first place was they had a problem for a while with people stealing the tips jars out of the clubs. :shock: They just wanted to make sure that I wasn't the one taking them. LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:11 pm 
Penguin

Thats a great story lol. I just moved from little rock lol. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:15 pm 
born to perform.

Where'd you move TO?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:22 pm 
born to perform.

Hah! Great story man. Anyone else have any others?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 4:21 am 
Penguin

MichalAngelo wrote:
Where'd you move TO?

Colorado. :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 13  Next