View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:16 pm 
born to perform.

ha ha ha

Click here

5th down

a pack of 6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:21 pm 
Penguin

Haha stupid but funny story.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 3:39 am 
Penguin

The Airborne Coke bottle trick is a very good illusion. However i Would NOT perform this in public, as you'll be surrounded and your audience will be fairly close to you. So your audience will see the 'gag' that lies in the secret behind this trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:56 am 
Emperor Penguin

madleaky wrote:
The Airborne Coke bottle trick is a very good illusion. However i Would NOT perform this in public, as you'll be surrounded and your audience will be fairly close to you. So your audience will see the 'gag' that lies in the secret behind this trick.

So why did you bring this up? Did I miss something....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:43 pm 
Penguin

Yeh I no whats that about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 pm 
born to perform.

I have a busking question: Who do you find usually tips best? Is it the 18 year old guy? The 25 year old chick? The 50 year old business man?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:54 pm 
born to perform.

hazerman15 wrote:
I have a busking question: Who do you find usually tips best? Is it the 18 year old guy? The 25 year old chick? The 50 year old business man?
lol the way you said that made me laugh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:19 am 

hazerman15 wrote:

All of the above. If your show is entertaining all kinds of people will drop money in the hat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:34 pm 
Penguin

For the people like paddy that have bin busking for a bit. What is the aprox. income of a good show?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:03 pm 

braady wrote:
For the people like paddy that have bin busking for a bit. What is the aprox. income of a good show?

There is no approximate of a hat. It all depends on where, when, what and how entertaining you are. Also if your run a trickle or a hat and if you use hat lines and haw many hat lines you use. As you can see your mileage WILL vary. Also major metro areas pay better than smaller towns. So Boston, New York, etc will bring in more than Columbus OH of Springfield MO. Because the large cities are used to buskers, while other places may think that we are panhandlers.

That should make it all clear. However, my experience has been busking with magic only, no juggling or balloons to get the tip built. My hats for a sidewalk show run between $20 to $50 per show.

A sidewalk show is between 10 to 15 minutes long and to much smaller tips than a circle show. Circle shows should bring in a minimum of $100 hats and up to $200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:39 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Springfield, eh? I'm down in Branson a lot of the summer, and I go to Springfield a lot, as well, but I've never seen a busker there. Have you ever personally busked there? Sorry to get so off topic... curiosity just got the better of me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:08 am 

No I have never been to Springfield. Just used that as an example of a smaller town that would not be used to buskers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:56 pm 
Penguin

Whats Busking?
Umm... Im 15, been in magic when I was 8...
Not much on a commuinty or socity for magicians however I stalk the night doing alot of my street performences, (Good way to practice ;) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:38 pm 
born to perform.

There are HUNDREDS of posts on this. I'm sure it's covered in this thread too. However, I'll answer your question.

Busking is REAL street magic. The busker sets up in a location and gets people to stop and watch his show, then at the end put money in his hat. It's a very generic description, but that's busking at its most basic. It's also very difficult, and most will not be successful at first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:16 pm 

spydude777 wrote:
Whats Busking?
Umm... Im 15, been in magic when I was 8...
Not much on a commuinty or socity for magicians however I stalk the night doing alot of my street performences, (Good way to practice ;) )

Well you are located in ring 1` of the IBM in St Louis. Florida also has a very active ring. There is no excuse not to be affiliated with a ring or assembly when you live right next to 2 fery good rings.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next