View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:39 pm 
born to perform.

ive been thinking about getting these cups

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=109

why not get those????

so this is what ive gathered to "buy"

linking rings
chop cup/cups and balls
cards and such for drawing in a getting more people
Thrown Out Deck

i have a question

what do you guys say for a change bag on the streets????

ive also been wanting to get into busking and hopefully will do it at least once by the end of this year (practice pratice practice)

what do you guys think of Gazzo's book Art of Krowd Kontrol, i saw in mentioned in this thread but i wasnt sure what you guys said of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:15 pm 

Like I said over at the other place, these will do fine, but if you're just starting out they're really out of your league. Quit asking questions and go to ebay NOW for several sets of RNTII cups at much reduced prices, being sold by the owner of RNTII himself. He has a set of JES cups in Brass for only $150. They are much more suited for street work than the ones you're looking at.

CLICK HERE NOW, don't wait or I might decide to buy them for myself.

Gazzo's Krowd Kontrol is good. Get it. But don't think simply buying props makes you a street worker. That takes a LOT more, and as far as I know they don't sell GUTS in magic stores.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:12 am 

Guardian452, listen to DaveV. He is right. I will gaurantee you that you will suck, absolutly suck when you start busking. Don't let that bite you because we all started the same way. After you learn how YOU can keep the audience and build fat hats you will get great.

I've worked with Gazzo and with Kosmo. I have tried their ways of tip building, but when I started to be Paddy instead of someone else my tips got big and my hats got fat. I am not Gazzo nor am I kosmo, what worked for them doesn't fit my personality. When I realized that and forgot all I read and just performed as myself, it worked.

Remember you don't have to be a great magician to be a busker. To be successfuf as a busker you MUST be one edited of an entertainer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:19 am 
born to perform.

Quote:
Tobe successful as a busker you MUST be one edited of an entertainer.

Paddy's right on the money. You have to divert people from the various things that have their attention, hold their attention, and impress/please them enough to want to put money in you hat. It's no mean feat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:29 am 

Dr_Stephen_Midnight wrote:
... You have to divert people from the various things that have their attention, hold their attention, and impress/please them enough to want to put money in you hat. It's no mean feat.

That's exactly right. Look at all the jugglers, fire eaters, and all the rest out there. They're not doing magic and they're making money. It's not the magic that gets you paid, it's YOU

Post subject: Right
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:37 pm 
Penguin

Thanks Dave for the link to ebay, but I still want to go ahead and buy the SBL cups. None of the cups on that link where the ones I'm looking for. Even the JES cups. They are in brass and i'm looking for copper.

Guardion I'm not going with the Foxy 2.5 cup because I plan on doing a similar routine to Gazzo's and those cups just aren't big enough. Especially for oranges. I suggest you get Gazzo's Street Cups and Balls dvd. If your looking for a good busking routine.

Paddy your absolutly right about the money making buisness.

P.S. This forum just keeps getting bigger.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:59 pm 

Actually I was suggesting Guardian look at these. He's been asking on the Magic Cafe, one cup at a time, which one is best. This is his chance to get something more suitable at a great price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

ok, i think i found a set that are cheap, what im looking for, and good for starting

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=112

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:32 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Guardian452, listen to DaveV. He is right. I will gaurantee you that you will suck, absolutly suck when you start busking. Don't let that bite you because we all started the same way. After you learn how YOU can keep the audience and build fat hats you will get great.I've worked with Gazzo and with Kosmo. I have tried their ways of tip building, but when I started to be Paddy instead of someone else my tips got big and my hats got fat. I am not Gazzo nor am I kosmo, what worked for them doesn't fit my personality. When I realized that and forgot all I read and just performed as myself, it worked.

Remember you don't have to be a great magician to be a busker. To be successfuf as a busker you MUST be one edited of an entertainer.

That, right there. . . that's why we love you paddy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:31 am 
born to perform.

Yep, that is good advice. Busking is a venue you have to get a feel for; much different than most other performing venues.

For the Summer I spent at Newport on the Levee, I found my SCA 'herald' voice and pitch was good for pulling a crowd ("Oh-yayyyyyy...Oh-yayyyyyyy! My Lords and Ladies...").

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:56 pm 
born to perform.

i understand, but i want to see what others do for tips

i see it like an effect

there can be your handling of it (your way of busing)

the way the insturctions says (copy what other people do)

or use the way the insturction say but add your handling into it as well (use someones rouitnes as well as your thoughts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:08 pm 
Penguin

I pretty much perform the effect as written and throw in some of my own things/ideas. Guardion are you looking to busk?
See I'm looking to busk and I'm not going to get some cheap starter set to practice with, and use when am starting out. Then they will just dent and what not. Then I will be out $90 and have to save up for the good cups. What I did was got some plastic ones similar to the size I'm getting and practiced with those befor I start to invest in a good set of cups. Have you thought about getting the Gazzo dvd? I'd reccomend it. Anyway good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:12 pm 
Penguin

By the way Dave. Did you know the same cups your looking at on ebay for $150, they are the same price at www.rnt2.com? just to let you know. The JES brass ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 4:42 pm 

They are, aren't they? :? I do know the seller is the owner of RNTII. Maybe he's doing this to help spread the word. It must have worked or we wouldn't be having this conversation. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:09 pm 
Penguin

Your right. I didn't relize the price of the cups on RNT2 until I looked. The word did spread. HaHaHa!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next