View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:13 pm 
born to perform.

clownzippo wrote:
I pretty much perform the effect as written and throw in some of my own things/ideas. Guardion are you looking to busk?
See I'm looking to busk and I'm not going to get some cheap starter set to practice with, and use when am starting out. Then they will just dent and what not. Then I will be out $90 and have to save up for the good cups. What I did was got some plastic ones similar to the size I'm getting and practiced with those befor I start to invest in a good set of cups. Have you thought about getting the Gazzo dvd? I'd reccomend it. Anyway good luck.

i got some small plaztic ones and goign to get gazzos dvd and load them with smaller stuff so i get used to the routine, im not going out to busk yet

AFTER I get the cups and balls down maybe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:51 am 

Guardian452 wrote:
i got some small plaztic ones and goign to get gazzos dvd and load them with smaller stuff so i get used to the routine, im not going out to busk yet

AFTER I get the cups and balls down maybe

There is a world of difference between cheap plastic cups and the real thing. What you will do is learn all the bad habits from the cheap cups and then it will be harder to perform with a set of real cups. The size, weight, balance is totally different.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:12 pm 
Penguin

Thats what I did guardion. Paddy when I ge the real cups I'm going to practice and break through all those bad habits. I respect your advice, but this is what I want to do.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:34 pm 
born to perform.

clownzippo wrote:
Thats what I did guardion. Paddy when I ge the real cups I'm going to practice and break through all those bad habits. I respect your advice, but this is what I want to do.

Thanx

im going to get some good cups as well

but i want to learn the routine with smaller ones first then work through

i never said im going to do it right away

itll be at least a couple of months

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:39 pm 
Penguin

Same here guardion I'm learning the routine with plastic ones befor I go out and buy the good cups. It might be a little whlile because I have to save $325 for the cups that I want. What good cups are yoe getting?

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:45 pm 

Keep a close eye on eBay. Gary Animal just reported that he has a handful of Gazzos, plus a few Babes and Love cups and said he'll be posting them there some time soon. Expect to pay $200-$300 for the Babes and Loves and a bit more for the Gazzos.

From what I hear, this is the last of the remaining stock for a long while.

FYI, the Babes are sized for a baseball load, and the Loves fit tennis balls. I have both sets and they're both great! I use the same size working balls in either cup. I prefer the Loves, but when I go out on the street again, I'll take the Babes as they're a bit larger and more visible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:19 pm 
Penguin

Thank You so much DaveV.

thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

clownzippo wrote:
Same here guardion I'm learning the routine with plastic ones befor I go out and buy the good cups. It might be a little whlile because I have to save $325 for the cups that I want. What good cups are yoe getting?

Thanx

http://www.rnt2.com/product.aspx?productno=109

250$$$ holds a tennis ball

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 8:00 am 
Penguin

mattsharpe wrote:
when a drunk stumbles up. He was standing up watching, and started talking to me, so I was talking to him for a bit(I could smell the liquor off his breath). Finally Tony finishes the routine, the drunk reaches in his back pocket and says, "I got a switch blade here in my back pocket, I'd like you see you bend that!", and begins to pull it out. We convince him to keep it in his pocket, and say that we're leaving now. He says that he has some friends that he's going to get now, and they'd love to see us perform, and have lots of money.

That happened in Newfoundland are you joking i live in St.John's and never heard of that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:08 am 
Penguin

Guardion those are some nice cups but if you buy the Gazzo dvd and want to do his routine then you will have to have larger cups. For the orange size load. OYu could also do his routine and produce tennis balls instead of oranges. Its up to you.

Thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 12:23 pm 
born to perform.

clownzippo wrote:
Guardion those are some nice cups but if you buy the Gazzo dvd and want to do his routine then you will have to have larger cups. For the orange size load. OYu could also do his routine and produce tennis balls instead of oranges. Its up to you.

Thanx

thats what i was planning

buy his dvd then substitute some stuff in to where he says "now take the orange" or whatever

ill just do the same with tennic balls

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 1:15 pm 
Penguin

exacltly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:17 pm 
Penguin

Wait who was the person that turned my forum into a sticky?

Just wondering.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:46 pm 

Why? You want me to unsticky it? I saw it as one of the most well written, well mannered and informative threads here in a long time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 10:11 pm 
born to perform.

me too, ive learned a great deal from this thread

By the way

sorry if ive come off as not taking adivce, ive just read all of this and understood it, not that im not listening to you guys

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 13  Next