View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: How to do street magic video
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 5:40 pm 
Penguin

Hi again Sorry my last message went wrong but i was just wondering if anyone had the ellusionist "street magic" video and if it's good thanks ~Roboboy

Post subject: Re: How to do street magic video
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:18 pm 
Penguin

few things....... 1. try ellusionist forums.......You shouldn't "advertise" other products and such here 2. I heard it was really great, and definately worth the price, i plan on getting it aswell. but be sure to ask over there, after all, most people there HAVE the SMP

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:59 pm 
Penguin

I have it. It's good. Just bear in mind that on this tape is a lot of "table magic". About 30% of the tricks cannot be done impromptu or "on the street". Overall, it's pretty good though.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2002 1:55 pm 
Penguin

i think your answer is a defenite yes. i think you should buy it. it`s a great learning stage tolearn about the basics of magic. i knowi have a copy along with the other movies they put out and i must say they lay out nothing but the best in those videos. i kinda understand withthe guy that said that it`s mostly table magic but then again the world and the streets are the stage for this kinda magic so in the end it really won`t make a difference where you perform your magic. all you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 9:38 am 
Penguin

Hey Thank you for your advice everyone I am going to pick this up soon. Bye and thanks again, Roboboy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2002 5:38 pm 
born to perform.

Pyro, some people don't like the Ellusionist forums (I, for one). This is a good forum to get REAL opinions on tricks, not the filtered ones you get on the Ellusionist forums.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2002 8:51 pm 
Penguin

BAH! dont get it! its a waste of money and brad christian uses and copyrights other peoples tricks and ideas! buy an ammar videos.... easy to master mircacles is good... do anything but buy from ellusionist!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

Just b/c you have a vendetta on ellusionist gtxby doesn't mean you have to talk about it here. I'm a little dissapointed with some of their stuff and especially outlandish claims, but it's only one opinion, so keep it to yourself please unless you can justify it.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:26 pm 
Penguin

talk about calling the kettle black -- look at mariencz...ellusionist probably is paying him to say what he does. Both you and I peedldude, know that ellusionist is inferior to conjuring and lures novices to overpriced, cheated, ripped-off ideas and techniques and effects that have been copyrighted.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:31 pm 
Penguin

Oh and by the way my friend, I don't have to talk about it. If you weren't so ignorant as to be mad because I have spoke the truth in a couple of threads and topics the you would know what i'm talking about. So I can only say this if I can justify. How about you try to justify me not speaking my opinion? Exactly, you can't. All of you just have to accept that ellusionist is no good. Believe it or not i'm actually helping you people in may I say my best but also most crudest manner. --Max

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

Your opinion is always welcome, as are all other's. A little explaination would be nice though so that the original poster could really weigh the pros and cons. I agree with you totally on ellusionist, just not on how your opinion was delivered. They steal tricks and change the names, then yell at people in their forums for every little thing that might just *possibly* lead to exposure, while their videos are stolen trick haven. Thank you for your opinion, which I agree is the truth, but don't just say "BAH! don't buy from ellusuionist, they steal tricks".

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2002 12:42 pm 
Penguin

I have the street magic video. They didn't rip me off, I got A LOT of good material that isn't available in one package anywhere else. Yes, about 30% of the stuff they give is stuff you could find in a basic magic book or Tarbell. BUT, the presentation is good. The teaching is clear. The tricks are modernized. The bulk of material is good (over two hours, plus bonuses by email). I think ellusionist.com is a bit snobby and definitely overpriced in some of their items. But the quality is there. Plus, magic doesn't sell like hotcakes. If you want to make a living selling videos, you have to make them a decent price, or you'll never be able to make a dime.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 18, 2002 12:33 am 
Penguin

I think the Street Magic Video is very good, easpecially if you are a beginner. It is inexpensive, and you can learn some good and handy techniques that you can use for other tricks. I had a bad exoerience with Ellusionists, but they bent over backwards to make it right, besides, how many places can you buy Magic and send it back if you are not happy with it. The videos are very professional. I haven't tried any of the forums yet, but if they are censored that would be a bummer.