View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 12:49 pm 
born to perform.

alf_gotcat wrote:
bit out fo quarter, rising card dekc, balducci levitation, every single e video, gaff decks, invisible deck, sinful, stigmata.

Haha just kidding, yeah cards play well beucase if you walk up to somebody and ask if they would liek to see something and they see cards in your hand they would probably get it that your a magician. Now walk up to comebody with a can and ask if they want to see something, they might think your going to try and fit it in an orfice.

Planning another Penguin v Ellusionist? :wink:

Yeah, make your mark as a magician. I suppose if you do the Original Stigmata, then that uses a deck of cards... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:17 pm 
born to perform.

go with mentalism if ur in to that kind of stuff im mentalism/cards seems to go over well :) get 13 steps to mentalism some good stuff in there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:37 pm 
Penguin

If you want a cheap solution, try going to you're local library and getting some books from there that'll help you with some basic slights and teach you a few tricks. Bobo's Coin Magic is a great book...as is Mark Wilsons complete course in magic. They both teach slights and vanishes very well. If you wanna spend money, just look for something that you'll feel comfortable with or somehting that interests you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:32 pm 
Penguin

definately Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic....many great effects in there, in almost every catagory you can think of. Or if you are looking into single effects: Stigmata, Greed, Bite Out Quarter, the Raven, and stuff like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:23 pm 
born to perform.

Also, since you're only 12, I'd suggest some gimmicked stuff that doesn't require a lifetime of practice.

Bite Coin
Stripper Deck
Invisible Deck
A small size TT (TT)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:12 pm 
Penguin

Also the Hummers Whirling Card, an easy trick to master in less than a day if you put work and practise into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:44 pm 
born to perform.

sam_magic wrote:
my price range would be from $10 to about $15

are you a beginner? if so, get

dime and penny, stripper deck, and like magic stoplight cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:49 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
I would recommend getting Complete Course in Magic. It teaches a little bit of everything a lets you pick which part of magic interessts you the most. It also has a section on cups and balls which is a great street effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

i second that, thats what i started with. it has some good mentalism effects as well

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 pm 
Penguin

I'd also recommend the healed and sealed trick since you're price range is about 10-15 bucks. You said you like bizarre. This trick you take an empty can and shake it to become a new full can. It could be done with any type of can drink and it's only 8 bucks. Use your small amount of money wisely. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:51 pm 
Penguin

My favorites are
#1: Sinful [A.K.A Criss angel mastermind volume 1]
#2: Scotch and soda
#3: A trick i invented [ thought up although it obviously probably sold somewhere so im not assuming credit] where i throw a deck into the air and grab a spectators signed card after i loose it in the deck from shuffling.
#4:Pshycokinetic silverware
#5: Black Magics Pk ring chrome
#6: Masters time machine
Those Effects are all awsome and i use most of them on a daily basis. It gets a bit costly down the road, but trust me, im 12, and just by putting my hat down onto the ground while i was doing street magic because it was hot out, i made it back in like a week. It will all be worthwhile.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:17 pm 
Penguin

-with a TT (finger tip) you can do thousands of tricks, it's the number one thing every magician should have. Although, buying a TT is inexpensive, if you want to get good with it, buy a DVD too.

-Pen through dollar
-sponge balls
-Floating dollar or Two dollar window

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:48 pm 
Penguin

Hey man like to known there is somone here my age! Well anyway I got a book by Mark Wilson (Great Guy) It is realy fun I got tuns of tricks out of it and Preforming this weekend!!! But I asm buying a couple of tricks here but thought I would let ya know!