View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A card question...
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:48 pm 
Penguin

Hi, I am new to Penguin and I just wanted to know what gimmicked decks are good for the street? I know that I should learn some regular card tricks as well but i was just wondering what you guys thought some good gimmicked decks were. Thanks.

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 4:59 pm 
Penguin

The Invisible Deck is probably my favorite. It's only one effect, but it's very powerful. Also the Svengali and Stripper decks are good. They can be used for many different effects.

Post subject: Invisible
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:38 pm 
Penguin

Ya i like the invisible deck a lot also. It gets great reactions. Svengali's arent that bad either.

Post subject: Invisible
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 5:40 pm 
Penguin

Ya i like the invisible deck a lot also. It gets great reactions. Svengali's arent that bad either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:34 pm 
Penguin

Invisible Deck, like everyone has already said...and I recently purchased a stripper deck as well. The stripper deck's gimmick allows you to do some amazing things, but you can also hand it out for examination and you can use that deck for regular card tricks as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 9:03 am 
born to perform.

I would only use an Invisible Deck as a gaff deck for busking. My advice is don't use any other gaff deck. Try to use as many normal deck routines as possible, and keep the ID as a fail safe get out cause...

Some like the Rising Card, some like the army of 52. If you see my avatar, you can see how I feel about it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:21 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
fspigeon wrote:
I would only use an Invisible Deck as a gaff deck for busking. My advice is don't use any other gaff deck. Try to use as many normal deck routines as possible, and keep the ID as a fail safe get out cause...

Some like the Rising Card, some like the army of 52. If you see my avatar, you can see how I feel about it :D

I agree with fspigeon,try not to use more than one gaff deck while busking.When I first started magic I bought about 3-4 gaff decks and now I don't know where to keep them all.I would just get the invisible deck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:36 am 
Penguin

if you use a stripper deck then make a JUMBO stripperdeck. the tricks stays the same but the size of the cards makes it more visible. also mark the card on the back voor more extra tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:50 am 
born to perform.

robertblake wrote:
if you use a stripper deck then make a JUMBO stripperdeck. the tricks stays the same but the size of the cards makes it more visible. also mark the card on the back voor more extra tricks.

Big card are kinda hard to carry around on the street though. If it were me, get an invisible deck and then stick to the regular deck o' cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:57 pm 
born to perform.

Wouldn't the invisible deck soon get old, dirty, bent, etc. ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:14 am 
Penguin

Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about Invisible Deck. It seems to wear out kinda quickly. But if you just buy... the special stuff (don't know if saying it would be considered exposure) you can make them out of regular decks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:15 am 
Penguin

LordLanceIII wrote:
robertblake wrote:

Big card are kinda hard to carry around on the street though. If it were me, get an invisible deck and then stick to the regular deck o' cards.

if you do a david blaine style street magic jumbo cards are no good.
but if you want as much people who can see what is going on i will allways use jumbo cards. the more people who see it the more people will pay. and 1 jumbo deck is not much to carry aoround. some people carry 3 cups - a melon - 3 fruits a table for just one trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:56 am 
born to perform.

robertblake wrote:
LordLanceIII wrote:
robertblake wrote:

but if you want as much people who can see what is going on I will allways use jumbo cards. the more people who see it the more people will pay. and 1 jumbo deck is not much to carry aoround. some people carry 3 cups - a melon - 3 fruits a table for just one trick.

IMO that's not street magic. If it can't it in your pocket, why bring it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:57 am 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
LordLanceIII wrote:
robertblake wrote:
LordLanceIII wrote:
robertblake wrote:

but if you want as much people who can see what is going on I will allways use jumbo cards. the more people who see it the more people will pay. and 1 jumbo deck is not much to carry aoround. some people carry 3 cups - a melon - 3 fruits a table for just one trick.

IMO that's not street magic. If it can't it in your pocket, why bring it?

Are you saying cups and balls arent for street? People have been performing that on the street for thousands of years. Most buskers use cups and balls as one of their tricks to bring in money on the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:18 pm 
Penguin

i am only saying that a jumbo deck of cards is not much to carry
if you compere it with the cups and balls. main point is not understood of my post is that visibility is more important. if they can"t see the trick because people are in front of them and the props are small you are not making any money.