View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:22 pm 
Penguin

LordLanceIII wrote:
[uote]
IMO that's not street magic. If it can't it in your pocket, why bring it?

the big moeny makers on the street are the street jugglers. and what do they do step on a 10feet unicycle and juggle three torches or knives.

they make more money with that unicycle that others with the c & b

that make things clear i am a streetworker who does circle shows and not street magic show. i do a 30 to 40 min. show. that is a difference with the cellini table c&b kind of streetperformance. i am not saying that one is better as the other it is just may kind of doing a streetshow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

Generally speaking, I would stay away from gimmicked decks for street work. The Invisible Deck is ALMOST an exception to this...

The problem with many gimmicked decks is that they are one-trick ponies and can't be used for anything else than that one effect. The Invisible Deck is a good example. If you open with it or use it in the middle of a card set, you have to switch for another deck in order to do anything else. So if you plan to do any card work in addition to the Invisible Deck, you now are carrying at least two decks, one of which is good for only one trick -- a good trick, yes...but just one trick.

I own two IDs. I have never used them on the street or in an actual paid performance. It's a good effect, but there are a lot of stronger things I do with a normal deck -- but that's just me.

I used to carry the ID to use as an "out" if I screwed something up, but then I got CardToon, which can be used similarly. I also find that CardToon has more entertainment potential for mixed-age audiences. Also, unlike the Invisible Deck, I can put aside my regualr deck and bring out the CardToon deck, then openly put the CardToon deck away and return to using my regular deck...and have a perfectly good reason for doing it! No need for a surreptitious deck switch.

You can argue that CardToon is just as much a "one-trick pony" as the ID...but the difference is that CardToon actually gets better with repetition!

Anyway...like I said, I'd avoid gimmicked decks altogether. The ID is okay if you can deal with deck-switching and can handle the "pocket management." Personally, I prefer CardToon.

Last edited by TheCaffeinator on Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:08 pm 
born to perform.

LordLanceIII wrote:
robertblake wrote:
if you use a stripper deck then make a JUMBO stripperdeck. the tricks stays the same but the size of the cards makes it more visible. also mark the card on the back voor more extra tricks.

Big card are kinda hard to carry around on the street though...

If you are "Blaine-ing," then yeah...if you are busking, then no. Buskers often use pouches, tables, carts, etc. "Blaine-ers" use...pants. :lol:

Ugh...I can't believe I said "Blaine-ing"...and "Blaine-ers."

*shudder*

But, hey...the language evolves, for better or for worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 3:50 pm 
Penguin

TheCaffeinator, good point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:42 pm 
born to perform.

Use gimmicked deck's as less you can, selling the effect is the most important!

-Shane

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 10:56 pm 
born to perform.

yes i agree with The Caffeinator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:12 am 
born to perform.

I generally, keep my props organized in my various pockets.

One pocket has my wallet, with bills for Ghost Bills, etc, and a duplicate card for card to wallet.

I'll have my Puncture and Stealth Pen in another pocket. Two bicycle decks, one set up for card switch/card to wallet, the other set up for monte effects.

Invisible deck in another pocket.

finally, i'll have three card wallets for twisted sisters, strange travellers, four card ambitious routine, and melting card.

I've been trying toperfect a walkaround routine, or a series of small walkaround routines.

I love leraning how to perform.

I am sorry forthe terrible typing; I am utterly exhausted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2006 8:46 am 
Penguin

if you purchase The Art of Card Splitting DVD, you will get 10 famous and excellent packet card tricks:

1. card to wallet
2. princess cards
3. 8 card brainwave
4. parade of the kings
5. impossible
6. ghost of a chance
7. hofzinser's card
8. hunter's monte
9. the dam tricks
10. another dam trick (i'm not sure, forgot the last one)

Try these and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.. goodluck!