View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Ring Leader
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 3:33 pm 
Penguin

I was considering getting Greg Wilson's Ring Leader, and i was wondering if anyone else had, and what they though about it, and how long it would take to learn the trick.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:23 pm 

Use the search button to find all the reviews on this product. Short answer, it's worth it if you're wanting to put together you're own ring and string routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:16 pm 
Penguin

yea i was wondering if this would work in a street routine, probably somewhere in the middle where you can stretch or shorten it if need be

Post subject: Don't get this
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:34 pm 
Penguin

I'm 11 years old and I figured this out after watching the demo video twice. I can't tell you how its done (against the rules) but I can tell you this. Don't get this.

Post subject: Re: Don't get this
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:23 pm 
born to perform.

Mindfreakkid365 wrote:
I'm 11 years old and I figured this out after watching the demo video twice. I can't tell you how its done (against the rules) but I can tell you this. Don't get this.

Keep in mind that spectators won't have the luxury of rewinding and replaying.

Also, youre a magician and know the basics of sleight of hand, and can probably do the sleights in the routine. What sells any magic trick is presentation. Greg is widely known for his comedy and perfect misdirection. If he would have been performing it for you live, you would be looking anywhere he wants you to, because thats what he is really skilled at.

nookumagician, even though i don't own the product, i'd say go ahead and buy it if you like ring or rope magic. It looks like you can even add snippits of ring leader into your own routine, or do the routine by itself.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:04 pm 
Penguin

Mindfreakkid365 wrote:

hes makin sh!t up he didnt figure it out. its a great effect defintaly get it. this is more of a fun magic. u can make jokes while u amaze them defiantly a reputation builder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:39 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Mindfreakkid365 wrote:

I've done effects I've learnt from this video many times. They always have a good reception.

I would recommend it.

Post subject: Sorry if I'm a month late
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:11 am 
Penguin

Again, sorry. If you're still interested, I would highly recommend it. I figured it out after watching the demo but I want to buy the dvd because Greg is awesome and there's so much more material. I personally do the effect all the time and it gets great reactions on the street.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:31 am 
Penguin

You can learn so many comedic devices and misdirection devies from greg....I have On the Spot and although most of the tricks are elementary, the reactions are amazing....My favorite thing about watchin him is that you pick up on a lot of small cues that he doesn't actually teach and you could use many lines he uses if you were indeed bad at comedyl....That's what makes him fun to watch...I've seen hundreds of magicians that are amazing at sleights and what they do but just aren't good at presentation...I would say anything by Greg Wilson is a must buy...He'll never let you down, even if you find that you didn't get your moneys worth from the material which you won't find on my opinion...You get all these small misdirection cues and comedic devices that he adds in that are worth it itself haha...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:39 am 
Penguin

Magic_Maxwell wrote:
You can learn so many comedic devices and misdirection devies from greg....I have On the Spot and although most of the tricks are elementary, the reactions are amazing....My favorite thing about watchin him is that you pick up on a lot of small cues that he doesn't actually teach and you could use many lines he uses if you were indeed bad at comedyl....That's what makes him fun to watch...I've seen hundreds of magicians that are amazing at sleights and what they do but just aren't good at presentation...I would say anything by Greg Wilson is a must buy...He'll never let you down, even if you find that you didn't get your moneys worth from the material which you won't find on my opinion...You get all these small misdirection cues and comedic devices that he adds in that are worth it itself haha...

I just have to concur. If you watch a G. Wilson video and don't like a single trick on the vid, you will have more than likely still gotten your money's worth. His audience work is second to none and is worth learning from, if not emulating.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

It's a very good dvd set and I am using it my christmas shows this year, great video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:16 pm 
Penguin

vstrunk817 wrote:
It's a very good dvd set and I am using it my christmas shows this year, great video.

Is your christmas show a close up routine or is it performed as a parlor or stage act? I'm just curious how this particular effect/set of effects plays to audiences of different sizes. In the promo vid, it looks like he's playing pretty much to 2 people the whole time. Is it too small to appeal to a large audience?

TIA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:07 pm 
born to perform.

No, I'm doing it for about 50-70 ppl at the most. As long as they can see the ring and rope you're good to go, so I guess it's a parlor show. I will combine this into the middle of my show, then vanish the ring a certain way, and have it appear at the end of the show for the finale. I'm only doing 3-4 moves at the most in my show b/c it can get repetitive and Greg even states that, so I like to keep it short. But whats great about it is you can adjust it too how long or how short you want it to be.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 10:46 am 
Penguin

vstrunk817 wrote:
No, I'm doing it for about 50-70 ppl at the most. As long as they can see the ring and rope you're good to go, so I guess it's a parlor show. I will combine this into the middle of my show, then vanish the ring a certain way, and have it appear at the end of the show for the finale. I'm only doing 3-4 moves at the most in my show b/c it can get repetitive and Greg even states that, so I like to keep it short. But whats great about it is you can adjust it too how long or how short you want it to be.

Thank you very much...that's what I was looking for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 12:19 pm 
Penguin

I like how some people "figured it out" after watching the demo. The demo doesn't even show a tenth of what's on the video. There are dozens of tricks explained with a ring and rope.

The problem is there are some people who just want to know the secret and once they've figured it out the trick is "dumb". Magicians, on the other hand, want to learn the secret so they can use it in performances. The hot rod, for example, has a "dumb" secret but the trick is amazing to a lay person.

Take it from the other real magicians that have posted here, the DVD is great!