View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: playing with strangers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 11:55 am 
born to perform.

If your gonna do some street magic for people its always more fun to change it up once and a while...heres a couple of ideas i got from dc on his proj vids

when you do a trick for a guy, just call him bobby the whole time

or once during a trick reach a touch a girl on her head for no reason at all and see how it plays out

If anyone has suggestions for other stuff type them in, cuz its always alot of fun, especially with a camera, to mess with the strangers you perform for.

It keeps it fresh and non repetitive, and on video its funny as edited!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

what works for one person DOES NOT alway7s work for another. If someone tried to copy gazzo there is a good chance they would get no tips and would end up bleeding on the floor.

When will people learn to make up their own stuff, its pathetic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 3:20 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I don't like messing with my spectators. I mean, I do most mentalism, so I do mess with their minds. But everything I do has to do with the effect. With my style, if I called some random guy Bobby the whole time, well I would look extremely stupid.

If you can pull it off, and it doesn't conflict with your character though, then it's fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

if you have a heckler, try this. "I did an effect last night with your mom, I made an object appear and dissappear over and over again, then in a gush of enjoyment, everything went white". see how far you get with that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:27 pm 
born to perform.

benlewis I know that you must not be calling me pathetic because I just wanted some tips about keeping it fresh when your performing. You obviously didnt read my whole post. I was looking for people to expand on these ideas or if anyone actually tries some of these types of things for kicks and giggles. The spectator really isnt hurt in any means.

Post subject: Re: playing with strangers
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:25 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
jmingo1 wrote:
or once during a trick reach a touch a girl on her head for no reason at all and see how it plays out

you do that to my daughter, I'll kick you in the balls then break your fingers so you can't grab your crotch in agony.

jmingo1 wrote:
and on video its funny as edited!

I agree. That would be funny to watch you laying on the ground in agony after touching my daughter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 4:43 pm 
born to perform.

Wow, your probably the worst father ever, a performer cant come close to your daughter, oh and when did she get involved in this...is she allowed to use the bathroom by herself or does she need daddy protecting her....you know its saying how big of a man you are by threating someone on an internet forum....by the way that was sarcasm your really a [EDITED]...If you have nothing to say that contributes to a topic just do us all a favor and find a new forum

ps. I would hate to take your daughter's forehead virginity away...wouldn't that be a shame daddy.....that was sarcasm too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:56 pm 

jmingo, ask this question at your ring meeting if you ever go to one. You will find out that SmokingMonkey is telling you what happens in the real world.

Kosmo and Gazzo can get by with one edited of a lot, however, even they do not reach out and touch a woman without talking to her and getting permission.

Post subject: Re: playing with strangers
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:28 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
jmingo1 wrote:

Key words here are for no reason at all.

If you did this, I would kick you in the balls and then break your fingers so you couldn't grab your crotch in agony.

This is not sarcasm, nor is it a threat. It's a warning to you so you don't get hurt doing this in the real world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:45 am 
born to perform.

but if i touch a girl on the head while she is holding my wrist for stigmata and shes thinking of a card then its ok? maybe...all I wanted was to not get warnings about this stuff I just wanted to know other things in this area when you can keep it fresh for yourself. Not get warnings about kicks in the balls. Its a forehead not a breast or butt or something. Loosen up people

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:26 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing.
Girls usually dont like strange men touching them for no reason.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 3:36 pm 
born to perform.

I wouldn't touch a girl's forehead or head for that matter because you just met her and she doesn't know what youre doing or who you are. Don't get too forward with her b/c I would prolly break the hand you touched her with if it was my girlfriend or something so just be careful about that. Morgan Strebler gets kinda forward with the girls on his LM vid. but that fits his character and he can pull that off, I on the other hand prolly wouldn't be able to do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 10:47 am 
born to perform.

clearly not one person on this forum can understand my question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:23 am 
Emperor Penguin

I think people understand, but they don't like what you suggested.

Messing with a spectator can be fun, but only if they feel comfortable. If you touch a woman on the forehead, or anywhere, most likely the won't feel comfortable.

If you want to mess with a spectator, fine, but you have to make sure that it doesn't make them uncomfortable. If you do make them uncomfortable, then your performance will suffer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:53 pm 

jmingo1 wrote:
clearly not one person on this forum can understand my question

I understand what you are questioning. What I was trying to say in a polite way is very simple.

If you do this in your act, you are a complete and total idiot. You are violating a woman's personal space without her permission making her uncomfortable and embarrassed. If this is your idea of "fun" then you are not the kind of person I would want to know.

Like I said earlier, if you really are a member of IBM then ask this question at the next meeting and listen to the responses you get.