View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New to Magic and Needs some help
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:46 pm 
Penguin

Hey I'm 18 and I Have been doing magic for about 6 months. I know thats not a long time but I practice every spare minute I have. I have done tricks for family and close friends but how long should I wait before I go on the street and do tricks for random people? I think I'm pretty good at all the tricks I know but how long should I wait to make sure? Thanks for the help guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:53 pm 
born to perform.

what kind of magic do you do? solely cards? solely gimmicks? or do you have some measure of variety? If you have some variety and can "ad lib" and "wing it" to an extent, then there is really no reason you shouldnt go and do stuff on the street. Now, I wouldnt try to do a street show yet, because if you havent been in magic for very long a street show (if it goes bad) could be enough to make you want to get out of magic. But if you're talking about blaining it (walking up to random people and showing them magic) then by all means go ahead. You'll know pretty quick if you're ready or not. If you get good reactions and have fun, and most of all, if people start to tip you when you dont ask for it, then you'll know you've got it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:57 pm 
Penguin

The_Muffin_Man wrote:
what kind of magic do you do? solely cards? solely gimmicks? or do you have some measure of variety? If you have some variety and can "ad lib" and "wing it" to an extent, then there is really no reason you shouldnt go and do stuff on the street. Now, I wouldnt try to do a street show yet, because if you havent been in magic for very long a street show (if it goes bad) could be enough to make you want to get out of magic. But if you're talking about blaining it (walking up to random people and showing them magic) then by all means go ahead. You'll know pretty quick if you're ready or not. If you get good reactions and have fun, and most of all, if people start to tip you when you dont ask for it, then you'll know you've got it.

thanks for the help. Yes I have a wide variety of tricks. I dont like gimmicks too much though because it feels cheap too me, not to hate on guys that use alot of them I use a few but I don't like them that much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:03 am 
born to perform.

Location: In a white room, With black curtains, At the Station
You should do street when you feel confident that you are good enough