View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Raven or PK/M5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 3:05 pm 
Penguin

Hi there, Which of these 2 tricks will be most effective and indetectable/concealable with short sleeves. Also which is most versatile in terms of setting up, angles and range of tricks? Thanks a bunch.

Post subject: Re: Raven or PK/M5
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2003 7:56 pm 
born to perform.

Good questions. Well, the M5 is WAY more versatile, and you can do WAY more with it. The raven is the master of vanishes, really. It does what it's supposed to, but thats pretty well it. You can vanish alot of small objects, but its not nearly as powerful as the M5. The M5 can penetrate hands, etc like the description says, and it comes with other accessories - shimming supplies, brass rings, etc. These tricks are probebly best for you with long sleeves. Raven can get awkward with short sleeves. But one things for sure, M5 can do alot more.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2003 10:42 am 
Penguin

is there anything do with gimmick coins? coz i live outside UK or US...therefore gimmick coins may not familiar to my home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2003 4:38 am 
Penguin

they do use gimmicked coins. but you mmight still be able to use the coins you normally use ,it depends what coins you have. and i cant say any more otherwise i will reveal the secret. !!!!!MAGIC IS AN ART!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 10:07 am 
Penguin

Raven or M5...? What are you wanting to do? Vanishes or pk movements? Raven is great for vanishes and you end up very clean. The M5 moves stuff around aswell as vanishes but you cant be inspected. Despite this i still think that the M5 would be a better purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2006 8:22 pm 
born to perform.

Since I dont own the M5 I am going with the raven...I think the M5 is a little expensive and the raven is I think better than pk movements

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:16 pm 
Penguin

The M5 is WAY better in my opinion. People have thought I had delved into witchcraft when I started making coins flip in their hands and things rise and flip on invisible strings. Makeing wooden objects and card move around is also possible. I love it. I own both and I have yet to use my raven for anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:34 pm 
Penguin

streetmagicmad wrote:
they do use gimmicked coins. but you mmight still be able to use the coins you normally use ,it depends what coins you have. and i cant say any more otherwise i will reveal the secret.

!!!!!MAGIC IS AN ART!!!!!

Actually, UK people or Canadians can use their coins perfectly.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

He didn't say they couldn't. And also he said it 4 years ago.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 12:10 pm 
Penguin

madferit52 wrote:
Good questions. Well, the M5 is WAY more versatile, and you can do WAY more with it. The raven is the master of vanishes, really. It does what it's supposed to, but thats pretty well it. You can vanish alot of small objects, but its not nearly as powerful as the M5. The M5 can penetrate hands, etc like the description says, and it comes with other accessories - shimming supplies, brass rings, etc. These tricks are probebly best for you with long sleeves. Raven can get awkward with short sleeves. But one things for sure, M5 can do alot more.

I agree with most of what you say except about Raven and short sleeves. Rave is designed to be used with short sleeves which is what makes it so good. You do have to have a button up shirt though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:02 pm 
born to perform.

jkconstans wrote:
Hi there,
Which of these 2 tricks will be most effective and indetectable/concealable with short sleeves. Also which is most versatile in terms of setting up, angles and range of tricks?
Thanks a bunch.

Although the M5 is more versatile than the Raven, it is huge and you have a much better chance of getting caught with it. It really depends on what you want to do.

Brucelee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:31 pm 
Penguin

raven-vanishes
bat-mini pk effects
m5-MAJOR pk effects

however the m5 is very easy to get caught, it takes practice to practice spots with it, i suggest putting it on your knee and preforming table type effects..you wont get caught.

raven is best for street magic, its quick and TO THE POINt, vanish, reappear, shrink, ect...and you end up clean

Post subject: raven PK/m5
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:00 pm 
Penguin

:D :lol: I made a pk that when you are done you can show your sleeves with nothing their :o :o :o It can be used with a jacket or a coat :roll: [/i]

Post subject: Raven is junk.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 9:03 pm 
Penguin

Sleight of hand is easiest method, gimmicks will just make you rely on them more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:48 am 
Penguin

m5 is my fave