View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: I need Busking Help (beginning info)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:38 pm 
Penguin

Ok, my name is Kyle Forsberg. I am 16 years old and love doing magic, now I have done just a little research into busking but I need to know everything people have done for busking. I have called my Police Depot. and they said they can't help but call my City Hall for a permit. But What I want to know is what other information do you think I need to ask and what not before I ask for a permit in street performing.

I need a surefire or very close way into getting a permit for street performing. Like good questions to ask them, Things I should tell them, or any other piece of information you think I should ask.

I don't think I need any trick ideas, I have a good vag idea by reading other posts, but if you think there are any good tips if my City does let me get a permit, then what would be a good way for hat lines and ways to get the best of them. (Like what trick then hat line then trick that goes hand and hand with each other?)

Also I might want to know is what would be another good idea to make money with magic if my City does not let me get a permit? Like what places would be the best to see if they need a show to help generate revenue for them, (example: Restaurants/Clubs/Bars, but I can't do bars most likely do to my age)

Thank you very much,
Kyle Forsberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:49 pm 

You don't need to say anything special. Assuming they do issue permits, just ask for one. They may ask you for a preferred location, time, what you do, things like that.

www.performers.net is a great resource for figuring out what you need in your particular area.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:18 pm 
Penguin

Thank you Dave, but I just called my City Hall and they said it was not allowed in city limits.... =(

Does anyone have any advice to still make money by performing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:23 pm 

Outside the City limits?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 7:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

My advice, don't do magic just for the money. The honest truth, at your age, it's not the most effective source for revenue. You need to know business if you're interested in making magic your career.

http://belzianmagic.blogspot.com/ Here's a link to a variety of articles that will help you create a profession in magic.

Post subject: restaurant magic!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:29 am 
Penguin

you can always go 2 a restaurant and ask them if you can perform magic for tips, they wont always let you, but keep trying and the best part is that you dont need any funny permit! give it a shot and tell me how it goes!

Post subject: elitism
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:34 am 
Penguin

DUDE!!!!!!! Falling blood you dont know how much i get that whole elitism crap at my job, i work at magic inc in chicago (excuse my spelling its not the best) it was jay marshall's store although, sadly he has passed away, and the older magicians who go there and see me behind the counter sometimes ask me if im stealing from the place! (i would never do something like that!) anyway to the point thanks for putting up that article, i got alot of usefull info from it. :D