View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: This is sooooo much fun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 6:59 pm 
Penguin

i never thought magic could be soo much fun to do. Ive only been doing it since last Month and im already a respeceted and well known person in my school because of it... i just love having random people come up to me and say "do a trick". My arsenal is beautiful: 1. The Ravel 2. Rising Card Deck 3. Invisible Deck 4. Card Anywhere 5. 2 Card Monty 6. Coin Bite 7. Ace Shake 8. Mind Read 9. Card in Mouth 10. *Delux Needle Through Arm*(cant wiat to get it)!!!

Post subject: Re: This is sooooo much fun
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2002 10:24 pm 
Penguin

it's amazing what magic can do??? with some simple tricks it can make you a god because people freak with what you can do! i have to say i like your arsenal because you have some great effects. i have them all. but i know how much you love magic cause i share the same passion so please accept a tip. when first starting doing magic you might want to stick with a non gimmicked deck. i noticed you have some that are fixed and so people might wonder jsut a bit. so what you might want to do is just take a normal deck and practice with that and make some great tricks that will just blow them away cause then they know it's a real deck and so when you use a fake deck or whatever they'll think it's real and so they'll just go pandomonium man. so i respect where your coming from but try to corporate things or tricks that don't need props. or that don't need a special deck at first. just think of it this way, you'd be surpised with what you can do with just a normal deck. anyways i wish you the best with your magic and rememebr not to tell no one cause they will bug you likie crazy lol. much respect and god bless your magic. Luc

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:56 pm 
born to perform.

I agree luc. You have good tricks there, but if you aren't prepared, and someone askes you to see a trick, you won't have much to do. It's easier to always carry around some coins and a normal deck of cards then wearing your Raven around school. You know what a GREAT trick to start out with is (at least it was and still is one of my favorite *easy* tricks)? Two card monte. It's easy, normal deck, and people will freak out on you. In my opinion, a great beginner card trick. Also learn as many cuts, passes, and basic moves as you can. The more you know, the easier it will be to 1)Overall improve your act 2)Learn new tricks that don't always explain what these moves are and 3)Be able to learn the art (and is a specific art) of misdirection so you can hide all these *moves*. That is the downside to gimmicks, you don't end up learning anything that you can apply to another trick. Not that I have anything against them, because people do freak out when they see you bite a coin in half or make a card rise from a deck without touching it, but that's only one *small* form of magic. That's great though that you've gotten such good results with your act, welcome to the reason we magicians bother to practice at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:24 pm 
Penguin

I see how you laugh and say magic is fun. what i think is funny is that you probably cant even do a DL. You wanna know what my "arsenal" is? The raven and a deck of cards and some coins. I use a couple more gimmick things like double backed cards but thats it. and you will spend all of your money on things that cant be examined. you better start buying books and learning the pass or your opportunity is over.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:24 pm 
Penguin

I see how you laugh and say magic is fun. what i think is funny is that you probably cant even do a DL. You wanna know what my "arsenal" is? The raven and a deck of cards and some coins. I use a couple more gimmick things like double backed cards but thats it. and you will spend all of your money on things that cant be examined. you better start buying books and learning the pass or your opportunity is over.... Give me your email... I'll help you out.. ask kimprovo how much i'm helping him out...

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:48 am 
Penguin

What I think is funny is that you posted the same thing twice. Yeah, he needs more skill, but he is also having fun with what he's got, so leave him alone instead of being all sarcastic.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:08 am 
born to perform.

Newsflash gtxby, magic is about entertaining (a.k.a. fun). Cynical people ARE NOT good magicians, plain and simple. Who wants to talk to someone who loves to criticize. Stop telling me what moves I can and can't do. This guy is new to magic, if you had actually read either of my or luc's posts you would have seen that we both reccomended that he buy books and learn sleights. You aren't the only one here that uses non-gimmicked things for presentation. I prefer to do magic with my own hands or deck or coins, but there are some effects that are just (you put it well) fun to do that require gimmicks. I don't know you, but from what I've seen of your posts you seem very set in your ways. We are having fun, just leave it at that.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 3:30 pm 
Penguin

And if YOU read my post you would have noticed I did the same but in a different way. You wanna know why there are masked magicians? Because there are people who werent helped in the beginning and they are bitter that they don't have any REAL skill opposed to working with gaffed items. All of you people are VERY ignorant. I keep repeating my self while you people whine. -Max

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2002 4:24 pm 
born to perform.

I did read your post, and your right, it was written in a different way. Me and luc's posts were encouraging and yet also suggesting, in a nice tone, than he learn more advanced magic. Your post, on the other hand, was condecending and claimed that the other magicians on this forum were basically idiots. Learn tact, it's a useful habit.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:23 pm 
Penguin

I would have to agree with the others on the fact that a regular deck of cards is more valuable than 5 gimmick tricks. I have not yet built up my credibility on this site, but i have done magic for over 9 years now. When i do table magic, the best results are the ones that people can check out after. Sleight of hand is a beautiful art, and with practice, can make the gimmick stuff transition material for an awesome lineup

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2003 2:43 am 
Penguin

The best card effect i think is 3 color monte

PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2003 5:05 pm 
Penguin

What are you talking about, peedledude? I'm cynical and I'm a good magician!!!:) Anyway, I do agree with you. The key point of magic is to ENTERTAIN, REGARDLESS OF WHAT METHOD YOU USE. I think that somebody like myself that uses gimmicks and sleights get the best of both worlds. You'll see that in a couple of posts I get a bit negative, and I admit that is my downside. It just gets me really pissed when people get into a hissy fit over little tiny things like correcting messages (you know who you are). I will NEVER speak negatively to ANYBODY UNLESS SOMEBODY INITIATES IT. I'm prfectly willing to become friends with anybody as long as they respect me for who I am and what I do.