View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: help plzz
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 8:45 pm 
Penguin

im just starting magic and i prefder street magic so i was thinking what tricks should i get to start...what are your favorites.

I already got rising card deck,the invisible deck,healed and sealed (witch i do pretty well and people just think i got weird powers) and i got scotch and soda and i perform other card tricks ...im just a begginer but im pretty good so ill learn any trick.

thx for help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 12:46 am 
born to perform.

welcome...and Born to Perform is good...then try to modify some tricks you already know to try to make them work on the street

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 7:02 am 

What do you mean by the term "street magic?" If you mean busking then there is no way you are even ready to try it. If you mean blaining then just remember that Blaine is a (very bad) actor that uses gimmicks not a magician.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 10:05 am 
born to perform.

he means guerilla magic...like the kind On The Spot teaches...and blaine uses gimmicks???? of course..thats how some of the great tricks are done

so david copperfield and lance burton arent magicians becasue they use gimmicks???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:41 am 
Penguin

some of the powerful effects you may purchase:

Sinful
Stigmata
Fraud
B2 bomber
Magic mints
TT for vanishes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 11:42 am 

Guardian452 wrote:
he means guerilla magic...like the kind On The Spot teaches...and blaine uses gimmicks???? of course..thats how some of the great tricks are done

so david copperfield and lance burton arent magicians becasue they use gimmicks???

Alright. Go out and buy any gimmick that Copperfield or Burton uses. If you can find these at any magic shop I will be glad to buy them from you for twice what you pay for them.

OTOH (on the other hand) go to any place, here or any other magic shop, and you can buy every trick that Blaine does. Svengali deck, bite out quarter, anything he does you can get here. Anything a real magician does you have to learn how to do the effect and how to perform it. ex. A dove pan. Yes anyone can do the trick and screw it up. It takes a magician to perform it and get the amazement of the audience.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:47 pm 
Penguin

Partly agree with Paddy on this one.
While Blaine does use alot of gimmicks (the raven, bite out quarter, and invisible deck) I don't think he's a bad actor. Thats his thing. He's a Mysterious Stranger and a dark presence reading your mind. Its not my thing and I think its kinda wack but hey he's making money and doing what he loves so more power to him.
I have more respect for Burton and Copperfield, for one they have been doing it for years and are not a flavor of the month magician. Stage routines are very hard to do and ushally very large and either expensive or take alot of work to think of and build.
But the 2 acts are very diffrent. Street magic is cheaper to get into but hard when you have no cover or control over your spectators and its practice time is just as much as for a stage show as you have to make every thing flawless because you might be surrounded by 20-50 people watching your trick.

Stage vs Street is a debate that will never go away yet will also never be resolved as they are compleatly diffrent forms of the same performing art.

As a side note I know that it wasnt the main part of the show, or a street magic trick but Lance Burton did open with Multiplying Martini Bottles and you can buy those in a magic shop :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 2:03 pm 
born to perform.

b2 bomber sucks get the stealth pen. it always wins in the threads on with is the better trick. i own the stealth pen and it is great!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 3:09 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Guardian452 wrote:

Alright. Go out and buy any gimmick that Copperfield or Burton uses. If you can find these at any magic shop I will be glad to buy them from you for twice what you pay for them.

OTOH (on the other hand) go to any place, here or any other magic shop, and you can buy every trick that Blaine does. Svengali deck, bite out quarter, anything he does you can get here. Anything a real magician does you have to learn how to do the effect and how to perform it. ex. A dove pan. Yes anyone can do the trick and screw it up. It takes a magician to perform it and get the amazement of the audience.

umm.....wow...you completely missed my point....i was saying that becuse someone uses gimmicks.....that means that means that they're not a magician???and i never said anything about buying the gimmicks and good job changing the subject when i bring up what street magic is.....you know paddy....experienced as you might be...

its magicians like you that will stifle the growth of the magic community

you are one of th most arrogant narrow minded magicians ever to have lived and for that...our art will fall right on its [edited]