View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:14 am 
born to perform.

Justin miller has this really good one, he was in a coffee shop and he was half way through a pass and he dropped the bottom half , the lady goes ooh ya drooped em! , he goes no no no this is good. she goes good ey? lol i love that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:05 pm 
Penguin

strom wrote:
Guardian452 wrote:
say..ill try it that way next time :D

Haha I was just about to post that! I used it today and it worked. I did the lipstick trick and some girl was like I know how you did it! So I said wow that's a really good idea I never thought of that before!

the lipstick trick that criss angel taught?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:43 pm 
Penguin

If i mess up when performing, and they notice, I act like i don't know what they're talking about and act like they sound crazy. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:49 pm 
born to perform.

do things to prove them wrong. for instance, if they catch you doing a DL on ACR, perform the tilt.
or in a card to pocket, over exaggerate the palm(and don't actually take a card) the heckler will shout out turn your hand over! you do so embarrass the heckler, then he will shut up most of the time.
so learn things like that for most of your tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:39 pm 

If you are caught when "performing" you haven't practiced enough. So quit "performing" until you're good enough to get it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:05 pm 
born to perform.

Bluebackedcards wrote:
do things to prove them wrong. for instance, if they catch you doing a DL on ACR, perform the tilt.
or in a card to pocket, over exaggerate the palm(and don't actually take a card) the heckler will shout out turn your hand over! you do so embarrass the heckler, then he will shut up most of the time.
so learn things like that for most of your tricks

Where can you learn "the tilt"?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:13 pm 
Emperor Penguin

The Marlo Tilt and KM Move are both great moves to know when performing an ACR, and just when performing in general. I learned both of them from Front Row Sankey, but neither were used for an ACR. By the way, if you don't have Front Row Sankey, I suggest getting it... it's a great DVD.

The Marlo Tilt allows you to show their card, clearly place it in the middle, give a little snap, and have their card jump to the top. It's nothing like a Pass, if that's what you're thinking. This move is great for when you're caught with a DL in an ACR, because you can actually allow them to see/examine the card before you clearly place it in the middle. It completely blows a DL away, IMO, and I use it in my ACR more than I do a DL... well, almost.

The Kardilo-Marlo (KM Move) is also great when you are caught with a DL. If you flash the bottom card (which you shouldn't), you simply take the single card off the deck and hand it to the spectator to look at it. This will eliminate all suspicion of using DLs.

Good luck on learning these, they are great moves, and can assist you if you mess up during an ACR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:20 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
The Marlo Tilt and KM Move are both great moves to know when performing an ACR, and just when performing in general. I learned both of them from Front Row Sankey, but neither were used for an ACR. By the way, if you don't have Front Row Sankey, I suggest getting it... it's a great DVD.

The Marlo Tilt allows you to show their card, clearly place it in the middle, give a little snap, and have their card jump to the top. It's nothing like a Pass, if that's what you're thinking. This move is great for when you're caught with a DL in an ACR, because you can actually allow them to see/examine the card before you clearly place it in the middle. It completely blows a DL away, IMO, and I use it in my ACR more than I do a DL... well, almost.

The Kardilo-Marlo (KM Move) is also great when you are caught with a DL. If you flash the bottom card (which you shouldn't), you simply take the single card off the deck and hand it to the spectator to look at it. This will eliminate all suspicion of using DLs.

Good luck on learning these, they are great moves, and can assist you if you mess up during an ACR.

Thanks alot Adjones!
I will surely try to add Front Row Sankey to my next order from Penguin. (I just got one though :D )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

borntopreform wrote:
Thanks alot Adjones!
I will surely try to add Front Row Sankey to my next order from Penguin. (I just got one though :D )

No problem, I'm glad it helped you.

Front Row Sankey is, IMHO, a great purchase, and was worth every penny. It is mostly cards, but there are a couple effects that use coins, rubber bands, signatures, bills, and fire! :twisted: If you haven't checked out my review for it, you might want to trot on over to the Trick Review section and have a little look.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:37 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
borntopreform wrote:
Thanks alot Adjones!

No problem, I'm glad it helped you.

Front Row Sankey is, IMHO, a great purchase, and was worth every penny. It is mostly cards, but there are a couple effects that use coins, rubber bands, signatures, bills, and fire! :twisted: If you haven't checked out my review for it, you might want to trot on over to the Trick Review section and have a little look.

In case anyone else wants to read the review

http://www.penguinmagic.com/discuss/vie ... p?t=131378

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 4:54 pm 
Penguin

Congratulate them and hand them a dog treat. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:12 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
When I perform, I incorporate a lot of comedy in it. So if I screw up, I can easily cover it up with a joke, and no one is the wiser.

Definitely establish a comedic personality, so your joke covers feel more valid.