View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What to do for small crowds
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:48 pm 
Penguin

I wouldn't say that i am new to magic but usually on friday nights when i go to the downtown or where people hang out many people will know me and ask to see magic tricks on the sidewalk or in the mall. I usually find myself doing the same old card stuff (ACR and pick-a-card tricks) and i was looking for some advide on good material to do for small crowds of people. Normally if i start doing magic for someone a small crowd will gather naturally and sometimes dont know what to show them. Im not looking to do this for tips i just need some advice on what i should perchase and what effects are good to do on the street. Also, i am trying to stay away from cards because i already have several card tricks that i perform. I was thinking of getting slow burn but i want to pick up a couple more things.
TIA

-jdarmon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

STS, healed and sealed, b-2 bomber

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:47 pm 
born to perform.

Stealth Pen through Dollar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:55 pm 
born to perform.

b-2 bomber is better...bigger=better plus examinable

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:29 pm 
born to perform.

Bite Out Quarter or Fraud....?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:34 pm 
born to perform.

Guardian452 wrote:
b-2 bomber is better...bigger=better plus examinable

The Stealth Pen is also completely examinable.

Bigger is NOT better; in my opinion, when poking a pen through a bill, it's more nifty looking when only abot a half inch goes through.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:06 am 
born to perform.

but bite wuater is kinda angle sensitive..you just cant have people really close or behind or to the sides of you

and i own both stealth pen and b-2 bomber and b-2 bomber is better but getting both is great becasue you can either plany a stooge and borry thier pen or just do it with a diffrent pen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:34 am 
born to perform.

I have both too, and I agree with you, b2 bomber is better. Yes the payload is more, but also the gimmick is stronger. And, bacause its bigger, there is better visibilty for bigger crowds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:53 am 
Penguin

Take a look at different things that can get many people involved also.

Post subject: Re: What to do for small crowds
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:06 pm 
Penguin

jdarmon wrote:
I wouldn't say that I am new to magic but usually on friday nights when I go to the downtown or where people hang out many people will know me and ask to see magic tricks on the sidewalk or in the mall. I usually find myself doing the same old card stuff (ACR and pick-a-card tricks) and I was looking for some advide on good material to do for small crowds of people. Normally if I start doing magic for someone a small crowd will gather naturally and sometimes dont know what to show them. Im not looking to do this for tips I just need some advice on what I should perchase and what effects are good to do on the street. Also, I am trying to stay away from cards because I already have several card tricks that I perform. I was thinking of getting slow burn but I want to pick up a couple more things.
TIA

-jdarmon

jdarmon i suggest that you try to increase your knowledge of magic by using some of the tricks you already know. It seems as if you are stuck and find yourself turning back to the easy tricks that you know. Branch out, try something new. If you combine your techniques in different ways you will find that it is easy to perform different tricks.

Oh yeah

pick up a B-2 Bomber. :D

Post subject: Re: What to do for small crowds
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:13 pm 
Penguin

jdarmon wrote:
I wouldn't say that I am new to magic but usually on friday nights when I go to the downtown or where people hang out many people will know me and ask to see magic tricks on the sidewalk or in the mall. I usually find myself doing the same old card stuff (ACR and pick-a-card tricks) and I was looking for some advide on good material to do for small crowds of people. -jdarmon

Any good card magician, and there are several in your local ring I will bet, can do a good 2 to 2 and a half hour show with just a deck of cards. That is all anyone needs. Just start going to ring meetings and talk to the people there, you will learn quickly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 4:30 am 
Penguin

it is not the tricks that make a bigger show BUT the magician and how he handles the situation. obviously you are cloe up magician so try to learn to make everything bigger. not the props but your show.

how do you make things or the show bigger?

1) bigger props - for instance do the slydini silks. they don't take up much space but because the are big the tricks becoms bigger. don't use the tiny ones but the 20" or 30" silks. same trick but better for a bigger show.

2) use people: if you a cards across with 2 people you allready have a bigger show. because 3 people standing next to each other is big. you can even ask if one spectator stand on a chair whis make it much bigger again.

3) ask the peole to step bach 3 steps. the bigger the circle the bigger the show. so if they can't see anything because they are to close let them step back.

ringleader = ring & rope routine = prof nightmare - fiber optics - 51 card to pocket -

to make it big use the space

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 1:37 am 
Penguin

Gregory Wilsons On the Spot has tons of inpromptu magic that you can do with stuff that you usually carry around in your pockets like change and pens and stuff it is a really awesome Dvd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:30 am 
Penguin

Did you try The Raven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:38 pm 
Penguin

id say greed by daniel garcia. a little bit of angle problems but i love the trick and ppls reactions are awesome