View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: cards or props
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:39 pm 
Penguin

which do you think is better for street and stage magic, card tricks or prop magic???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 9:49 pm 
born to perform.

You just answered your own question there buddy.

Street- cards (if you're blaining)

Stage- props.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:25 am 

Busking requires that you be mobile. My table and all the props fit into a back pack. My sidewalk shows run 15 to 20 minutes and the circle shows run 30 to 40 minutes. These times include tip building and hat pass.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:53 am 
Penguin

Street show? Is that busking or blaining?
Blaining you can use props but they just won't be like the ones you use for busking.
Blaining (I'm not putting him down but its just what we've come to call this type of performing)- Obvious Bat or Raven, Bite out Quarter, Deck of Cards, Sharpie, Pen (or other writing tool) thru dollar, 5 to 1 transpo, and look into Wicker Man By Daniel Greenwolf. A great trick and I gotta promote any one from CT

Busking- Tip Jar or hat, Cards (I use them to draw in), TT, Rope, Scissors, Silks, Cups and Balls, Chains and Handcuffs, Juggling Balls, Balloons and Pump (if you want to do more of a balloon show, I use it for a routine), Sword Swallow, Sly Silks (if I'm packing small but still a great routine).

Now don't forget years of practice, performing, scripting, crying, hearbroken, mocking, family saying they don't want to see any new tricks or old ones that you really really have down now, duck tape, a nice case or table, pa system, love for performing, love and support of friends and family to put up with you and love your dream even tho to most people its kinda silly, passion to sink your heart and soul into something and not just get into it to do some cool card tricks, learning from the great magicians and performers that came before you and studying on not only tricks but real performing, starting at the real begining of magic which is finding out who you are and what your magic-mentalism-clown antics-escapology is saying about you and what your thru line is.

But other then that may be a thread reel and a magicians insurance policy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:02 am 

Blaine and Angel have done their gimmicks on TV so often that they have ruined it for others. i.e. EVERYBODY has seen Blaine and the stupid Bite Out Coin, so if you do it, you are not doing magic, you are showing a trick again. The audience expects it to end the same way and it does. Another word for this is BOOOOOORRRRRRRING!

In short, forget the Blaining scene.