View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: TT help
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 1:36 am 
Penguin

i need help with my TT i always get caught no matter how much it matches my skin can u give me some tips if it exposes anything please pm me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:30 am 
born to perform.

The color of the tip isn't relevant. Elite TT workers can use flouresant orange tips and not get caught. What you need is a video that teaches how to handle one properly. I suggest Darwin's video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:34 am 
born to perform.

My guess is that you are too conscious about your TT when you have it on, or you're using a bad TT technique which people can catch. Being conscious and uneasy about using a TT, you tend to "show" your uneasiness to your audience without you realising. You might have glanced at your TT during your performance. Remember, people will look where YOU look. They'll follow your eyes.

Solution:
More practice. Learn/develop good TT handling techniques (Darwin's DVDs, Patrick Page's DVD, Salvano's DVD etc).

I stand by these rules:
Rule #1: TT should never even be seen by the Audience. This means you DO NOT even flash it. Its hidden from view the whole time - Applicable if you're wearing a neon yellow TT. Not as convicing as.......

Rule #1.5: If using a skin-color TT which all of us do, Flash it for NO more than 1 second. When i point the TT at the audience, I do it for 1second before doing another action which naturally hides the TT from view. (you can show it for 10seconds without being caught but why take the risk. 1 second is long enough for people to see that your hands are empty. "Don't challenge people" - Gary Darwin).

Rule #2: Draw attention away from your "dirty" hand. Use your eyes...look at your other hand. Draw attention there (or another place or whatsoever). Use your own creativity and imagination. There are lots of misdirections.

Rule #3: Remember! People are not looking out for a fake th***, unless you're doing the vanishing s**k effect.

Pretty long post but I hope this helps you. PM me if you need more help. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:18 am 
born to perform.

Yeah, darwin's dvd set is the best. It has 3 dvds and teaches loads, if not everything about the TT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:20 am 
Penguin

I agree with varjak_paw , the darwin set is definitely your best choice for tt work even though it is a bit expensive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:56 am 
born to perform.

Darwin's DVDs teaches many many effects and several handling techniques. Patrick Page's and Salvano's DVDs teach very good and advanced TT handling techniques.

All are good DVDs for TT work. I have not watched DeCova's Examining the TT DVD so i can't rate it, but i've read lots of good reviews about it!

All are available here at PenguinMagic.com :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:05 pm 
Penguin

i have my TT for 12 years now, i've never been caught, even my wife doesn't know how it works except till yesterday, we were watching a new movie with ben stiller and that guy exposed it LOL :lol:

Now my wife is so happy to know it, 8 years we are married, 8 years she freaks out , all my work has suddenly been destroyed :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 12:26 pm 
born to perform.

Wow...it took her 8 years to figure out your dirty little secret. Took my mom 1 day when i started. But that's cus i had just started then. Anyway, I do feel your pain regarding that exposure. Lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 2:43 pm 
Penguin

Lmao she said that movie is by far the most interesting movie she has seen for the 8 past years :lol:

Have to find a new wife :x