View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: sad people
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:42 am 
Penguin

nowadays,when magician show tricks,the audiences are want to know the secrecy,some close-up trick must cooperate with the audiences,but they are often make trouble for the magician.for example,once i play a trick to my classmate,one action is picked tow cards secretively and put this two cards on the table,but they touch the cards before i allow and found the secrecy. :cry:

Last edited by hoopoe on Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:52 am 
Penguin

That english is mind boggling... no offence if it's not your first language, but if it is :shock:

Anyway, you need to work on your crowd/spectator control. You got to really exert confidence and superiority over your spectators, don't act like you're just another Joe Bloggs doing card tricks... you're a magician and you deserve respect, so act accordingly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:12 am 
Penguin

Thanks,you encourage me.Yes,you are right,I should have confidence!Yes,I am a magician and I deserve respect, so act accordingly.Right? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Chub wrote:
That english is mind boggling... no offence if it's not your first language, but if it is :shock:

Anyway, you need to work on your crowd/spectator control. You got to really exert confidence and superiority over your spectators, don't act like you're just another Joe Bloggs doing card tricks... you're a magician and you deserve respect, so act accordingly.

No one deserves respect, one must earn it.

Acting better than them is not the key either, that makes them want to skrew you up, more often than not.

You need to show you in control, learn how to handle the people. Pick up some books on the topic if needed.

Post subject: Re: sad people
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:59 pm 
Penguin

hoopoe wrote:
nowadays,when magician show tricks,the audiences are want to know the secrecy,some close-up trick must cooperate with the audiences,but they are often make trouble for the magician.for example,once I play a trick to my classmate,one action is picked tow cards secretively and put this two cards on the table,but they touch the cards before I allow and found the secrecy. :cry:

I know the trick you are talking about, and I just have trouble keeping them together! What I suggest is, get some books like David said, Maybe put the cards closer to you. If it is a small table, make it so they are off to the side, and make them concentrate on your hands.

Post subject: Re: sad people
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:46 am 
Penguin

marmst63 wrote:
I know the trick you are talking about, and I just have trouble keeping them together! What I suggest is, get some books like David said, Maybe put the cards closer to you. If it is a small table, make it so they are off to the side, and make them concentrate on your hands.

I think practice is very importance.I am play card and close-up magic for several years.The more practise you are the more effect you can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:02 am 
Penguin

Quote:
No one deserves respect, one must earn it.

Acting better than them is not the key either, that makes them want to skrew you up, more often than not.

You need to show you in control, learn how to handle the people. Pick up some books on the topic if needed.

Way to misinterpret my post.