View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: The raven?
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:53 pm 
Penguin

Anyone that has The Raven, is it a trick that you would highly recommend for street magic, or are there better tricks for 20 bucks that would work better on the street.

I have RRTCM and am ordering bobos new modern coin magic tomorrow. I like coin tricks/ money tricks. Would raven work good on the street/ school?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:05 pm 
Penguin

its an ok trick the instructions were hard for me to understand i had to watch people perform it on youtube and see how they did it to finally get it down but i think bobo's modern coin magic is a better bet it has millions of more stuff than one coin vanish and also consider quantum bandits its a really good close up trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:55 pm 
born to perform.

The raven is a street magic trick, so needless to say, it's meant for the streets.

It would not be good for school because of the following reasons:

It's a gimmick, and whenever you don't have it with you is the exact time when people ask you to do the trick. You can also get caught with it.

It needs to be set up and reset, which can't be done while everyone is staring at you or you're in a conversation.

It only vanishes, and the famous line after you vanish something is always "Now bring it back!"

The coins are also gimmicked. If you just want to vanish the steel core quarter, then you won't get caught with a trick coin. If you want to do coin switches like the ones in the DVD video, then you need even more gimmicks.

Now if you have good crowd control and experience, then those wouldn't be a problem. But if you don't, then you might regret buying this.

And there are tons and tons of threads on the raven where you could get more info on it.

Wait till you learn the vanishes in bobo's, then decide whether you want a gimmicked vanish or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:56 pm 
Penguin

GET THE RAVEN. As for making it reappear, think of this. DUPLICATE QUARTER!!! If your steel quarter is a shiney Colorado state quarter, get a real one and slip it into their pocket. It appears in their pocket. Put it in your wallet and make it reappear in there. Not that hard to do. Then go to some non-gimmicked coin magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 7:30 pm 
Penguin

eyah check out my vid of my coin routine and i use the raven i just say it reappeared in my pocket

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:30 pm 
Penguin

its good, but you should practice like 2 months or more before you take it to school. just get the deluxe kit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:30 pm 
Penguin

be sure to buy a steel core quarter with it because the nickel it gave me i couldnt do off of other peoples hands but now that i got it a couple of days ago i have been performing it nonstop and i have gotten the greatest reactions make sure you have something to say or a way to bring it back when someone asks you to bring it back and have a coin tircks to perform with it so it gives them the ill usion you can acually perform these things by magic and not jsut be able to vanish a quarter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:06 pm 
Penguin

Can you palm a different coin in the hand that waves over the other hand when you vanish the steel core coin? (Because then you can do a coin switch)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 7:08 pm 
Penguin

yeah but it defeats the point of it dissapearing because its really cool when you show your hands empty on both sides

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:04 pm 
Penguin

I know but then you can do a clean switch without the spectator knowing. You can maybe continue on with a coin bend or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:09 pm 
Penguin

And also, can you show the hand that waves over empty before you do the vanish? The reason I want to know is because if you have to hold somthing then you won't be able to palm a coin in that hand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:36 pm 
Penguin

no you cant do that there is something in oyur hand if you wnat to learn coin switches look into bobo's maoder coin magic the raven is strictly making a coin dissapear or reappear or making the coin small

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

In essence, if you have big hands, you COULD do a switch. Look into some coin sleights and you could easily do a switch with MUCH less work. Shuttle Pass, anyone?

The Raven looks cool, but it's expensive for what you get. I personally like The Bat better. I just cracked it out a few days ago, and although I haven't used it in 1+ years, I still had some cool ideas. It's basically the samething without the 'setup' that The Raven has.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:39 pm 
Penguin

i was planning on buying the bat in vegas.is it bettter? they were both the same price, but it seems the magnet in the bat is stronger (considering the bat packages were sticking together and the raven ones were'nt) i have the raven and its great really visual. idk how the bat works

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:35 pm 
Penguin

the way i set up the raven, i could show my hands clean the whole time. However, the way i set it up is a secret.