View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: street magic vid help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:01 am 
Penguin

ok starting soon im going to be practicing every night for an hour maybe longer for my street magic vid i am going to make this summer i want to make 1 or 2 of them and host them on youtube the effects i will be performing are
sizzle
raven
calling card
greed
5 and 1 transpo
2 dollar window
b-2
tricks with a TT
pk touches
revolver
invisible deck
sts
sponge balls
bottled up
david blaine trick where they hold the card and it switches with another card
torn but not forgotten
emerge triumphant
tip of the tounge
kicker
quantum bandits
broken and restored rubber band (michael ammar)
sinful card on cell (reveal of a card on my phone)
card on forehead
any suggestions of what tricks to add and remove i also have rrtcm and modern coin magic books so if theres any tricks in them i should use please name them

Post subject: Re: street magic vid help
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:28 am 
Penguin

dsingle wrote:
any suggestions of what tricks to add and remove I also have rrtcm and modern coin magic books so if theres any tricks in them I should use please name them

As you have these books why dont you have a look at the card and coin effects and pick out which ones you feel will be the most appropriate for yourself, your style and your routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:33 am 
born to perform.

This is funny. It doesn't matter how much you practice, if you don't take the advice that anyone gives you, you'll never get better. If you notice, all of those are just tricks. Not routines. Try making some routines. Try observing what other magicians do.

Judging by your other videos, you don't perform most of those very well. Why don't you just take 3-4 tricks, and master them, as opposed to working on 20 tricks. If you have this mind set, you're going to get eaten alive when you go out in the real world and do this stuff.

Do you have any crowd control? Most of your effects are gimmicks. What happens when the spectators start grabbing at thing? And yes, it will happen. What happens if you mess up? Do you have an out? What about asking for their permission to put them on video and on the internet?

Do you have patter for any of these tricks? How do you plan on carrying all this around? Do you plan on getting tips? Because you most likely won't.

There is a lot more to magic than just knowing how to do a few tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:16 pm 
Penguin

im just blaining not busking i do magic for fun not money when i turn 15 and start working im gonna get into restaraunt magic do you see david blaine having rouitines do you see criss angel having routines they just do 1 or two tricks not a whole routine and i kno wa rotine with a few of these effects like raven i have a coin routine to go with and all my money tirkcs i go into greed at some point i know tons of card routines to do with these yes i have patter for b-2 greed 5 and 1 TT revolver invisible deck sts sponge bals bottled up borken and restored rubber band sinful card on cell mambo number 5 and card on forehead calling card and sizzel i dont think david baline and criss angel carry all their gimmicks around they plan what tricks to film grab a deck of cards in case and go out and shoot what they have the next day they can film more and carry other gimmicks and i ve seen david blaine use alot more gimmicks than he does sleiaght of hand and theres plenty of time before summer i have to practice and i prolly ownt get to working on this till mid summer so thats gaonna be awile as well thats 5 months and 1 hour a night will equal 1 40 hours and if thaeres a tirkc i havent gotten dow yet then ill drop it so now that thats all out of thw way how about you answer my questions

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:24 pm 
Penguin

brinn wrote:
dsingle wrote:
any suggestions of what tricks to add and remove I also have rrtcm and modern coin magic books so if theres any tricks in them I should use please name them

As you have these books why dont you have a look at the card and coin effects and pick out which ones you feel will be the most appropriate for yourself, your style and your routine

i have i use gadabout coins all the coin through table effects three and three and a few others ive found that i liked a con vanish and return trick i made using some of the sleights the throw change for my raven to wich to a steel core quarter
and on rrtcm i use the acr i use tha backslip alot card to pocket card to backpack card to wallet classic force having a card dissapear from the dieck to anywhere my imagination is the limit i made a card appear inside of an orange at a fruit stand it was funny of corse i had to buy the lemmon after i had him cut it open but it was worth it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:27 pm 
Penguin

Fatal wrote:
This is funny. It doesn't matter how much you practice, if you don't take the advice that anyone gives you, you'll never get better. If you notice, all of those are just tricks. Not routines. Try making some routines. Try observing what other magicians do.

Judging by your other videos, you don't perform most of those very well. Why don't you just take 3-4 tricks, and master them, as opposed to working on 20 tricks. If you have this mind set, you're going to get eaten alive when you go out in the real world and do this stuff.

Do you have any crowd control? Most of your effects are gimmicks. What happens when the spectators start grabbing at thing? And yes, it will happen. What happens if you mess up? Do you have an out? What about asking for their permission to put them on video and on the internet?

Do you have patter for any of these tricks? How do you plan on carrying all this around? Do you plan on getting tips? Because you most likely won't.

There is a lot more to magic than just knowing how to do a few tricks.

i do go out in the real world i do revolver all the time i do b-2 but dont do the second phase because i dont have it down yet all of my card tricks from rrtcm raven and my coun routines

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:46 pm 
Emperor Penguin

How about before even thinking about making another video, you take the advice from the others? Stop trying to be like David Blaine and Criss Angel. The fact is you can't be like them. They have tv shows, that's why the do the things they do. Let me repeat that, they have tv shows. It's a lot different then some kid walking around and doing a little magic. You have to realize that.

So instead of trying to be like Blaine or Angel, practice your magic. You need a lot of practice. So don't think of making a video, or what stage name you need, because it doesn't matter. You need to practice instead.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:47 pm 
Emperor Penguin

dsingle wrote:
I made a card appear inside of an orange at a fruit stand it was funny of corse I had to buy the lemmon after I had him cut it open but it was worth it
So which one was it? At one point you said it was an orange, and then you imply it's a lemon. I have a hard time believing you even did this effect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:57 pm 
Penguin

my bad it was a lemon and yes i really did it but i had to plant it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:14 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
my bad it was a lemon and yes I really did it but I had to plant it

Why don't you try working on your grammar skills before thinking about magic? Honestly, you really need to present yourself better. I wouldn't consider doing 'Revolver' and the B-2 Bomber an example of 'real world magic'.

Take the advice that I have given you. The advice fallingblood has given you. The advice EVERY PERSON in EVERY TOPIC you have posted like this has given you. Stop being like Blaine or Angel. Start learning the information BEHIND the magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:24 pm 
Penguin

Fatal wrote:
dsingle wrote:

Why don't you try working on your grammar skills before thinking about magic? Honestly, you really need to present yourself better. I wouldn't consider doing 'Revolver' and the B-2 Bomber an example of 'real world magic'.

Take the advice that I have given you. The advice fallingblood has given you. The advice EVERY PERSON in EVERY TOPIC you have posted like this has given you. Stop being like Blaine or Angel. Start learning the information BEHIND the magic.

people perform b-2 all the time its prolly one of the most recommended items for street magic and revolver is amazing and gets amazing reactions the reason i dont take YOUR advice is because it sounds like bull [edited] you tel me to practice but how can i do that if hi HAVE to work on my grammer last time i checked grammar dosnt have to do with that much magic maybe a spelling trick here and there but thats it so what if i want to make a magic video let me do it if you dont want to help then dont let somone else do it the most important advice i have gotten on these forums is to be yourself in magic and have your own style and this is my style walk around street magic and one guy bashed me because i had my hat sideways and had rock music playing thats who i am i like rock music and its called a visor beanie and its supposed to be that way i am a skater and i dress how i want to dress so what if blaine and angel do walk around so do alot of people on these forums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
Fatal wrote:
dsingle wrote:

people perform b-2 all the time its prolly one of the most recommended items for street magic and revolver is amazing and gets amazing reactions the reason I dont take YOUR advice is because it sounds like bull [edited] you tel me to practice but how can I do that if hi HAVE to work on my grammer last time I checked grammar dosnt have to do with that much magic maybe a spelling trick here and there but thats it so what if I want to make a magic video let me do it if you dont want to help then dont let somone else do it the most important advice I have gotten on these forums is to be yourself in magic and have your own style and this is my style walk around street magic and one guy bashed me because I had my hat sideways and had rock music playing thats who I am I like rock music and its called a visor beanie and its supposed to be that way I am a skater and I dress how I want to dress so what if blaine and angel do walk around so do alot of people on these forums

Wow, that's the biggest run on sentence I've ever seen!

First off, the B-2 Bomber is NOT the most recommended street magic trick. There IS no most recommended street magic trick.

About the grammar. If you can't convey a message to someone properly, then don't even try and bother. In magic, the interaction between the performer and the spectator helps with the actual 'magic'. If you don't believe me, ask any professional. There are no working professionals who make their money by going up to random people, stabbing a pen through a dollar, and walking away.

In no way was I bashing 'who you were'. I am simply telling you to drop the 'Blaine/Angel' image. They are great people. They are ORIGINAL. Everyone copying them IS NOT. Don't tell me 'it's your image'. You are NOT David Blaine, so David Blaine is NOT your image.

You call my advice 'crap' (used a word that'd be censored...)? I don't claim to be the end-all be-all when it comes to magic. I do, however, claim to know my stuff. Ask any of the 'respected' people around here, and they will tell you the same things I have.

Your sideways hat and rock is your image? You're a skater? No, you're a magician. Don't try and 'tell' me what 'hard rock' is, because I guarentee you that I know more about hard rock than you EVER will, but that's beside the point. Don't try and rub your image in peoples faces if that's going to mess with your magic, which it is. In your videos, it's hard to concentrate on what's going on because you have the music playing in the background. In your videos, you don't look presentable because you're wearing a hat that drops shadow and hair upon your face.

So why don't you stop taking everything I say as a personal 'bash' against you and realize that it's advice. You don't HAVE to take any of our advice. But if you don't, then don't expect your posts and videos to be filled with happiness and flowers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:45 pm 

dsingle wrote (actually he scribbled)
Quote:
...the reason I dont take YOUR advice is because it sounds like bull [edited] you tel me to practice but how can I do that if hi HAVE to work on my grammer last time I checked grammar dosnt have to do with that much magic maybe a spelling trick here and there but thats it so what if I want to make a magic video let me do it if you dont want to help then dont let somone else do it ...I am a skater and I dress how I want to dress so what if blaine and angel do walk around so do alot of people on these forums

Hate to tell you this but you are WRONG. The only way we know you on these forums is from your posts, if your posts are full of errors (grammar and spelling) we have the impression that you are to darn lazy to run spell check. If you are to lazy to just click on one little icon for spell check, how can you take the time and patience to perform magic.

As to your dress you say you're a skater. Fine, however, to be a magician you must be a PERFORMER, and if your appearance stops people from watching you performance, you've failed. Appearance does make one huge difference to the audience. If a family walks by and sees me dressed casually starting my sidewalk show and you are across the pitch from me dressed in your "skater outfit," which will they stop for. You look like a smart a$$ punk and I look very presentable. Guess who walks away with the fatter hat.

Remember that to perform you need an audience and to get an audience you can not appear to be a little scary to them.

Truthfully, I could really give a crap whether you listen to me or any of us. We are trying to help and if you don't want our help, then it's your fault.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:46 pm 
Penguin

i dress like that all the time and yes i listen to rock not every magician dresses nice i dress how i want to when i perform magic and i like my look im not going to change that to do some tricks and i dont plan on becoming famous doing magic i do it for fun and i didnt say it was the most recommended it is one of them look at almost any poist asking what to use in street magic and b-2 or stealth pen are in there and no i dont use puncuation on my computer because its a waste i agree that some of what you have said is advice but most of it is just bashing

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:47 pm 
born to perform.

Hey! Look, a respectable forum member agrees with what I said ;) Dsingle, is it still [edited] advice now?