View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:02 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
dsingle, I would be willing to answer your question in a civil way if you would do some work on your part. All you've done relating to the topic is given a long list of tricks and asked whether you should perform them or not. I cant tell you what to perform and what not to perform, mainly because I don't own almost any of those effects. You need to do as much work, if not more, to help us out as we will help you.

So how about you start planning routines involving those effects, and tell us as much information as possible. You cant have a good magic performance if you go from sponges to cards to bills to shoelaces to rubber bands.

So heres my proposition: Plan routines using those effects that flow into each other in an entertaining manner. Post your routine USING PUNCUATION and separate each subject into a paragraph so we can read it easily. Handle our advice in a nice way, even if you disagree.

If you agree to do all of the above, which is what all of the responsible magicians on this forum do when asking questions, then I will help you, and maybe others will too. If not, then you can plan your magic video alone.

agreed

one routine i use is with b-2, 5 and 1, and greed.
B-2 i perform both phases (only 1 if im surrounded) then hand the pen out, get it back, and move onto 5 and 1 transpo to keep them from asking "do that again!" then when i finish with 5 and 1 i gon onto greed (i perform the alternate handelling)which lets me end with an examinable object and i got a woping 75 cents.
Thats my money routine

my card routine
I start with revolver, then perform tipsy trick from rrtcm, and finsish with bottled up

Songe balls i use oz's routine because i dont have mine finsihed yet

once i get my DL down im going to learn an acr

those are the routines i have down so far when i get all the patter for these tricks ill make a few more thats why i need to lower my choices on tricks because all of these i think would be good for street but its alot to practice and put into a 10 minute video so if you suggest some tricks i should remove ill tell you if its one of the ones i have down and perfected

tha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:36 pm 
born to perform.

Money- 5 and 1 transpo uses gimmicked bills, and so does greed. How do you plan to excuse yourself for getting out different bills for different tricks? For B-2, you borrow a dollar bill, so they are going to ask why you can't use it for the 5 and 1 or greed (which both use a supposedly regular dollar bill). I remember you having IT, why not use floating dollar bill (if there area is dim and you have an anchor) after the B-2 bomber? Then afterward you can fold up the bill, make that "pocket switch" taught in greed, and then perform greed, switch it back and hand them their bill.

Cards- I dont have any of those effects, so can't help you there.

Oz's sponge ball routine is good. It just doesn't have the element that makes sponge balls so memorable- magic in the spectator's hands. You could, however, modify it so the 2 ball teleportation and the 3 ball mulitplication happens in a spec's hand. you just have to teach yourself the subleties to performing this kind of sponge magic. Just out of curiosity, what is your routine your working on?

ACR- a lot more to it than the DL, amigo. Some essentials are passes and "fakes". Also, it makes it a edited of a lot more interesting to use some color changes to reveal their card. I personally LOVE using the Long Distance Spinner towards the end. That just blows their mind.

Just out of curiosity, do you have Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:45 pm 
Penguin

yeah i was watching some videos on youtube on acr and learned the pass im working on it right now.
and ok b-2 i borrow the bill (1 dollar bill) and perform it, then i put b-2 away and i have the five gimmicked instead of the one so i just pul out the five and do 5 and 1. then you ask whos one dollar bill is this and then say well now its mine and make the switch for greed and thats how i do it. Ill look into adding to oz's routine and some color changes, once i get the pass down and the DL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 8:56 pm 
Penguin

dsingle wrote:
Fatal wrote:
dsingle wrote:
my bad it was a lemon and yes I really did it but I had to plant it

Why don't you try working on your grammar skills before thinking about magic? Honestly, you really need to present yourself better. I wouldn't consider doing 'Revolver' and the B-2 Bomber an example of 'real world magic'.

Take the advice that I have given you. The advice fallingblood has given you. The advice EVERY PERSON in EVERY TOPIC you have posted like this has given you. Stop being like Blaine or Angel. Start learning the information BEHIND the magic.

people perform b-2 all the time its prolly one of the most recommended items for street magic and revolver is amazing and gets amazing reactions the reason I dont take YOUR advice is because it sounds like bull [edited] you tel me to practice but how can I do that if hi HAVE to work on my grammer last time I checked grammar dosnt have to do with that much magic maybe a spelling trick here and there but thats it so what if I want to make a magic video let me do it if you dont want to help then dont let somone else do it the most important advice I have gotten on these forums is to be yourself in magic and have your own style and this is my style walk around street magic and one guy bashed me because I had my hat sideways and had rock music playing thats who I am I like rock music and its called a visor beanie and its supposed to be that way I am a skater and I dress how I want to dress so what if blaine and angel do walk around so do alot of people on these forums

why did you start this thread if your not gonna take anyones advice... your such an artard :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:06 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
yeah I was watching some videos on youtube on acr and learned the pass im working on it right now.
and ok b-2 I borrow the bill (1 dollar bill) and perform it, then I put b-2 away and I have the five gimmicked instead of the one so I just pul out the five and do 5 and 1. then you ask whos one dollar bill is this and then say well now its mine and make the switch for greed and thats how I do it. Ill look into adding to oz's routine and some color changes, once I get the pass down and the DL

Did I read that right? You're learning your sleights from videos you find on Youtube? If so, people like you are the ones killing our art...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 2:59 pm 
Penguin

no im reading rrtcm to learn the pass and i have the color changes dvd and im watching some acr routines to see what they look like because the only ones ive seen are devid blaines and even if i did watch videos on how to do something it wouldnt be "destroying our art" they would be doing it the only video ive watched on youtube how to do is bottled up but it got deleted the next day

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:04 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
no im reading rrtcm to learn the pass and I have the color changes dvd and im watching some acr routines to see what they look like because the only ones ive seen are devid blaines and even if I did watch videos on how to do something it wouldnt be "destroying our art" they would be doing it the only video ive watched on youtube how to do is bottled up but it got deleted the next day

Wow, about the stupidest thing you can say on penguin. I refrained from being unpolite to you before but now i can tell your some punk whos just trying to be cool with magic. Go buy every trick you can get your hands on and then show to people just like blaine on the streets and then come cry here and whine about how you suck. Better yet, skip all that and sit in a corner to think about who you are. Because your a bad magician, and really a bad image to other viewers on penguin. You have the mentality that everyone loves magic and if you can use some gimmicks then you can freak people out. Just go do magic at school for all your peers and get heckled.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:27 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
no im reading rrtcm to learn the pass and I have the color changes dvd and im watching some acr routines to see what they look like because the only ones ive seen are devid blaines and even if I did watch videos on how to do something it wouldnt be "destroying our art" they would be doing it the only video ive watched on youtube how to do is bottled up but it got deleted the next day

Hah, oh wow. You realize that is an effect by our very own Bravesaint? Y'know, Bravesaint the mod?

And yes, people like you are destroying our art. Stealing via YouTube proves what kind of magician you are. There are 2 kinds. Those in it for the love of the art, and those in it to know the secrets. It is obvious, by the quoted statement, as well as MANY of your others, that you are the latter type of magician.

And viewing the videos is just as bad as making them or putting them up. In a crime, you can be arrested for knowing about something illegal and not trying to tell the Cops. Just like in crime, you used the videos to your advantage, and did nothing to try and preserve the secrets that may have been within them.