View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
people perform b-2 all the time its prolly one of the most recommended items for street magic

That's exactly why lot's of magicians don't like it. Too popular and overused. I personally use the stealth pen, but I make my presentation different from any other magician on youtube.

Quote:
one guy bashed me because I had my hat sideways and had rock music playing thats who I am I like rock music and its called a visor beanie and its supposed to be that way I am a skater and I dress

If you wanna skateboard then dress like a skater. If you wanna do magic, make yourself look presentable. Even if Criss Angel can wear punk clothing on his show, he still looks good and not sloppy. Quit trying to announce to everyone you like to skateboard and listen to rock when you do magic.

Quote:
the reason I dont take YOUR advice is because it sounds like bull [edited] you tel me to practice but how can I do that if hi HAVE to work on my grammer last time I checked grammar dosnt have to do with that much magic

Grammar matters on his forum. By typing sloppy and the way you would with buddies on IM, you're saying your immature and don't have the time to fix up your errors and make a proper paragraph.

Take Fatal's advice. He is one of the really helpful people on this forum.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:50 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
I dress like that all the time and yes I listen to rock not every magician dresses nice I dress how I want to when I perform magic and I like my look im not going to change that to do some tricks and I dont plan on becoming famous doing magic I do it for fun and I didnt say it was the most recommended it is one of them look at almost any poist asking what to use in street magic and b-2 or stealth pen are in there and no I dont use puncuation on my computer because its a waste I agree that some of what you have said is advice but most of it is just bashing

See, this is what's wrong with school systems today. Punctuation is a WASTE? No, it makes it so we know what the heck you're saying!

Also, if you notice, 9 times out of 10, the people who answer to the 'street magic' posts are not, in fact, street magicians. Look back. Look at DaveV or Paddy, the 2 professional street magicians on the forum. When have they ever suggested the Pen Thru Dollar?

Fine don't change how you dress. Just be prepared to get criticized for it. There is a REASON magicians wear suits and ties, or atleast dress half decently.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:59 pm 
Penguin

like ive said im not going to change my look for magic i dont want to look like a prep to perform i want to look how i want to look if i made a vidoe and changed my look for it i would watch it and be dissapointed because that isnt me thts not my style being shown in the video paddy i know your one of the best people in these forums and you prolly now alot more about magic than i do but im not old enough to busk like i have said i do this for fun if i was busking like i did at the fair i do dress like a performer and im 14 i could care less wether i spellsomething right

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:02 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
like ive said im not going to change my look for magic I dont want to look like a prep to perform I want to look how I want to look if I made a vidoe and changed my look for it I would watch it and be dissapointed because that isnt me thts not my style being shown in the video paddy I know your one of the best people in these forums and you prolly now alot more about magic than I do but im not old enough to busk like I have said I do this for fun if I was busking like I did at the fair I do dress like a performer and im 14 I could care less wether I spellsomething right

You're 14, not 7. Start learning to care about your image. Everyone will now get a bad impression of you because you don't care about how you present yourself.

Do you ever plan on doing magic professionally? So, when you get older and get a job, will you wear the uniform? Or if you go to a nice dinner party, will you wear a shirt and tie? Certain things require you to dress differently, whether it 'changes your image' or not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:14 pm 
Penguin

i under stand that but the thing about blaining is you whear what you normally wear if i was busking or working at a restaraunt then i would be dressed for the situation but right now i just want to dress how i want to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

You're appearance as a magician is NOT about what YOU like! It's about what the spectators like.

At school, dress how you want. The skater kids will embrace you. The preppy kids probably won't. The girls will go for the preppy kids. you don't need to make yourself appear to be a magician in school. If you do, you'll get made fun of till there's no end.

Any other place where you are purposley there to do magic, you have to make yourself different from the others. No, not by having greasy long hair covering your face bunched up by a beanie. You need to dress a step classier than everyone else. So do you wear a suit and tie all the time? Not neccessarily. But just maybe a button down shirt with some kahki pants or something to make yourself seem nice.

I don't give a flying [edited] how you like your style. But people judge you by how you dress. It's shouldn't be that way, and those people are probably shallow, but they do judge you. Especially on the streets, adults with think your a punk kid walking around showing off. No better yet, they'll think you're a TRICKSTER. That's the worst image of all magicians, as being pranksters trying to trick other people and make them feel like idots.

What if you intend on performing for a family with little kids? How do you think the parents would react?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:19 pm 
born to perform.

dsingle wrote:
I under stand that but the thing about blaining is you whear what you normally wear if I was busking or working at a restaraunt then I would be dressed for the situation but right now I just want to dress how I want to

Fine. All I know is that if you came up to me and asked for a dollar or asked me to do something, I would probably just walk away. As would MANY other people. Unless, of course, you have a camera crew.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:21 pm 
Penguin

kraynik wrote:
You're appearance as a magician is NOT about what YOU like! It's about what the spectators like.

At school, dress how you want. The skater kids will embrace you. The preppy kids probably won't. The girls will go for the preppy kids. you don't need to make yourself appear to be a magician in school. If you do, you'll get made fun of till there's no end.

Any other place where you are purposley there to do magic, you have to make yourself different from the others. No, not by having greasy long hair covering your face bunched up by a beanie. You need to dress a step classier than everyone else. So do you wear a suit and tie all the time? Not neccessarily. But just maybe a button down shirt with some kahki pants or something to make yourself seem nice.

I don't give a flying [edited] how you like your style. But people judge you by how you dress. It's shouldn't be that way, and those people are probably shallow, but they do judge you. Especially on the streets, adults with think your a punk kid walking around showing off. No better yet, they'll think you're a TRICKSTER. That's the worst image of all magicians, as being pranksters trying to trick other people and make them feel like idots.

What if you intend on performing for a family with little kids? How do you think the parents would react?

i have never had a problem with my magic and how i dress ive never ben denied to see a trick and ive always amazed the person ive performed for in some way (not at school they just look to expose you and show off) but outside ive never failed a trick sofar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:59 pm 
Emperor Penguin

I highly doubt much of what you're saying. Your performances on video show that you're not that skilled of a magician, who flashes quite often. I don't see how it's possible that you're so much more amazing in real life. If you're so amazing in real life, why not show that on your videos?

Also, if you're not going to take the advice of the people here, then don't ask a question. Don't waste our time by asking a question that you won't take the advice from.

Finally, grammar is quite important. If you continue typing the way you do, you won't be taken seriously. And if you present yourself that way, you will be seen as a fool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:09 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
i agree with dsingle

Grammar is a time of waste.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:18 pm 
Penguin

SmokingMonkey wrote:
I agree with dsingle

:lol: :lol: :lol: thanx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 4:33 pm 
Penguin

dsingle wrote:
SmokingMonkey wrote:
I agree with dsingle

lol, thats quite funny! Took me a couple reads to click!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 5:22 pm 
Penguin

I do think "dressing for success" is a really big part of my street magic. I like wearing a dress shirt, nice jeans, and some nice skateboarding shoes. If you want an example, go to my "Street Magic Routine" in the theater and that is one of my outfits even though the sleeves are long. If people see you partly dressed up at least and you ask them to see magic, they will say yes more than if you have black clothes with a beanie on.

Also, i like performing for families that go like this, 2 parents, 2 children ages 3 to 10. And parents are really protective of their children of those ages and if you are dressed like a goth, then they will not want you to show them anything. If you are dressed nicely and have a good attitude then they will say yes most of the time. When you impress them with your routine, they might ask you to do a show for their kids birthday party (every kid has birthdays :wink: ) Can you say "cha ching?"

Your spelling, grammar, and punctuation do need to change. If you ever want to have a job when you grow up, magic or not, you will need to type some sort of letter. And if you type "da sloppest pece uf crap eva" chances are, you will get fired. So, i would suggest practice typing the right way now to be better off in the future.

Thanks,
Kevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:02 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
brinn wrote:
dsingle wrote:
SmokingMonkey wrote:
I agree with dsingle

I don't think dsingle has understood yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:57 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Posts:5479 President and head leader of the cannot join unless you are Serbian club!And also Canada
SmokingMonkey wrote:
brinn wrote:
dsingle wrote:
SmokingMonkey wrote:
I agree with dsingle

I don't think dsingle has understood yet.

Exactly what I was thinking.And dsingle,do you ever read the threads that ask for advice and then get pages of replies?Do you know why their are so many replies?Because the original author uses correct grammer and responds to peoples replies in a mature manner.So if you want to start over again,then talk to everyone here with respect and we will all give you the advice that you want.Ok?

-YNWA

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next