View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: help
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:47 pm 
Penguin

can someone give me some tips on how to get paid and good place to do it at and i am only 12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:50 pm 
Emperor Penguin

dude, whats with all these posts. slow down.

if your only twelve hold off on making the money, worry about honing the art, getting the effects and routines, patter, etc down.

also there are many topics on this subject so look around.

honestly you dont sound or seem ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 10:51 pm 
born to perform.

Allowance, in your yard, by cutting the grass lol.

Na seriously if you are reffering to how to make money with magic, age is not important compared to experience, so in theory you might be more experienced than me, but because you're 12 I doubt it. So my advice is don't try to make money from magic until you have like at least 6months- 1 year of experience and plenty of material.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 10:55 am 
Penguin

If you are 12, and are asking about how and where you can make money with one trick, you are NOT ready.

At least if you want to get paid, get a little routine. Ex. STS into TDW, into stealth pen, into dollar bill vanish with TT and keep their dollar bill. Just think of your own and practice your crowd control, patter, mechanics, ect for people around where you live for free. I would wait till you are 14, 15, 16 at the earliest and work as a restaurant magician that gets paid every day a good amount.

As for what you posted, it does not sound like you are ready (unless you were doing magic at 6 months old...) So, hone your skills, practice, and get a ROUTINE down.

Hope this helps,
Kevin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 1:26 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You're only 12. Meaning, you probably won't be paid to do magic. An option would be kids parties, but the kids would have to be quite young. Also, it would take quite a bit of time, practice, and research (money) to be able to do it successfully.

You're best bet is just to start researching magic. Improve on your skill until you're 16, then think of getting a job as a magician. Otherwise, cut grass, or something like that for the next couple of years.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 3:00 pm 
born to perform.

RAngel wrote:
If you are 12, and are asking about how and where you can make money with one trick, you are NOT ready.

At least if you want to get paid, get a little routine. Ex. STS into TDW, into stealth pen, into dollar bill vanish with TT and keep their dollar bill. Just think of your own and practice your crowd control, patter, mechanics, ect for people around where you live for free. I would wait till you are 14, 15, 16 at the earliest and work as a restaurant magician that gets paid every day a good amount.

As for what you posted, it does not sound like you are ready (unless you were doing magic at 6 months old...) So, hone your skills, practice, and get a ROUTINE down.

Hope this helps,
Kevin.

Don't 'keep' their dollar bill! If you earn it, you will get it. But by keeping it, you will leave a bad taste in their mouth (even if they don't admit it).

Also, try working with some sleight of hand. It's much easier to put routines together using sleights than by buying gimmicks like RAngel has suggested.

As someone mentioned, you'll have a better chance of making money by mowing lawns and walking dogs than doing magic at your age. But don't let that discourage you. If you practice and take it seriously, by the time you are 16-17, you'll be more than ready to get a magic job.