View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Heil!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

EmeraldOne wrote:
Magicians are such a bunch of Nazis it seems...wanting to ban books, and the like. The book will be published. Encourage readers to boycott buying it if you wish, but America is based upon free speech, so you have no right to prevent its publication. The test of our dedication to free speech is whether we believe in it when the speech is something we don't like. How would you feel if your favorite magicians were not allowed to publish their biographies...or the trick secrets they want to sell you, and you want to buy? How about when your fave band is banned from publishing their latest songs because someone objected to the lyrics? What will you say when the Jerry Falwell types try to ban this very venue...because it promotes magic...which is Satanism? The fools did try to ban the Harry Potter books, and movies, for just that reason. Chill out, dude.

What is it with you and free speech? Are you taking a goverment class?
Maybe you should go back and re-read the text book. As you seem to know very little on the subject...
You also have to consider our laws dont apply to the rest of the world.
You also have to consider, that the USA has banned books before. Trust me, I own a few books that at one point were banned.

Free speech, you have no idea what your talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:40 am 
Emperor Penguin

But the fact of the matter remains David, he is right. You cannot stop this book from being published, he is breaking no rules.

OJ Simpons book is being published, which I have heard is basically a confession to which he cannot be tried for again.

So the fact remains, the man can sell this book if he wants to. Bringing it to everyones attention is just as bad though, like the original poster did.

But isn't the original poster from Magichat anyway? Half of David Blaines effects are posted regularly there, so why does he care anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:34 am 
Emperor Penguin

magikrn wrote:
But the fact of the matter remains David, he is right. You cannot stop this book from being published, he is breaking no rules.

OJ Simpons book is being published, which I have heard is basically a confession to which he cannot be tried for again.

So the fact remains, the man can sell this book if he wants to. Bringing it to everyones attention is just as bad though, like the original poster did.

But isn't the original poster from Magichat anyway? Half of David Blaines effects are posted regularly there, so why does he care anyway.

Did I ever say it couldnt be published? No, no I didnt. You missed the main point of my post, thats a first.