View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 11:23 pm 
Penguin

Well, to stray from topics such as getting knifed and robbed and jailed... haha

My advice to you, Eaglemon, is to start doing magic in your lunchroom. This is waayyyy harder than you might think. People on the street are being "entertained." They want to watch. They want to be amazed by what you're doing if they're staying around to watch a trick. In short, they are less critical and less picky.

If you start in your lunchroom, you will get some serious experience. Normally people who know you, or people who feel "equal" to you during your performance will try to figure you out and ruin your trick. This teaches you (as it did me) to get your tricks down PERFECT. Also, a crowd will gather surprisingly fast. For example, i performed today in my school's lunchroom for what was at first around 10 people. 20 minutes later, i had a solid 35 (rough estimate) students and two teachers around me watching me do magic. The kids will be curious, and won't care where you or they stand. You are going to learn how to hide your bad angles REALLY well. Just wait for the first time you use a gimmick and they ask to see it. You learn how to word things to avoid suspicion, how to control a crowd, how to beat the heckler, how to ditch coins and other such things completely surrounded, how to misdirect EFFECTIVELY, and how to become a performer!

This may not seem like the glorified "street magic" that you seek, but you won't believe what it does for your reputation. You will become "the magic guy." People want me to come and do magic at parties and such all the time! Get your name out in the Lunchroom man! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:57 am 
Penguin

ok im about half a year into magic now so i dont know a lot so can someone pleez tell me wat a "busker" is?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 7:53 am 

Mrmagicandyman wrote:
ok im about half a year into magic now so i dont know a lot so can someone pleez tell me wat a "busker" is?

Well if you could spell and use proper English rules I could. You need to study and stay in school rather that to play at doing tricks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:28 am 
Penguin

fine if some of you want "proper spelling and english" what is a busker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 11:14 am 
Emperor Penguin

Mrmagicandyman wrote:

Someone who entertains on the street for money (i.e. tips).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:52 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Mrmagicandyman wrote:

Someone who entertains on the street for money (i.e. tips).

oh thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:18 pm 
Emperor Penguin

You're quite welcome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:06 pm 

Mrmagicandyman wrote:

Still not right. Where are the capital letters you should have used

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:08 pm 
born to perform.

To build crowds i usualy sacrifce a small goat where i do my sidewalk show. People usualy stop to see whats going on and then the idea is to amaze them before they walk away in disgust.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:28 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
Mrmagicandyman wrote:

Still not right. Where are the capital letters you should have used

paddy ,i didn't have to use capital letters you're either just trying to find any reason to critisise me or you are fussy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 4:00 am 

You are wrong. The rules of English writing state that capital letters shall be used at the beginning of each sentence. Also names are to be capitalized and the personal pronoun "I."

I am not being fussy about this. Your writing is an expression of your personality. By not capitalizing my name you are showing disrespect. By not capitalizing the pronoun referring to yourself ("I") you are showing a lack of self respect. By not following the simple rules of proper English usage you are showing all of us that you are lazy. We all should know that being lazy is the sign of failure in the magic world.

Hey, I really don't care if you are a failure, but why should you want to brag about it to everyone.

Last edited by paddy on Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 5:01 am 
Penguin

Paddy at no point have I stated that I was a failure yet alone bragged about it .I am not lazy I am healthy for your information and you tell untrue facts about peoples personal life which I think you should stop.I no longer wish to argue as i think we are slipping away from the proper discussion of busking so stop argueing as it has gone on long enough.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:09 am 

Mrmagicandyman wrote:
Paddy at no point have I stated that I was a failure yet alone bragged about it .I am not lazy I am healthy for your information and you tell untrue facts about peoples personal life which I think you should stop.I no longer wish to argue as i think we are slipping away from the proper discussion of busking so stop argueing as it has gone on long enough.

I agree that you never stated anything about being a failure. Just as I never stated as factual anything about you. I just told you the impressions that your posts give about you and the reasons for those impressions. You, in fact all of us, have to remember that the only way we know each other is just by reading the posts. So to give a realistic impression of ourselves we have to write correctly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:51 am 
born to perform.

Location: Vice-President of the Cannot define as to whether he is serious, joking, or being sarcastic club
Mrmagicandyman wrote:

Why did you start using capitalization?

I think Paddy should become a teacher. Look at how fast he can get results.
With Paddy in the American school system, there is hope for the level of education for America's youth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:58 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
By not following the simple rules of proper English usage you are showing all of us the you are lazy.

This sentence reminds me of something I learned in English class called "irony".

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next