View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:49 am 
born to perform.

I just turned 14 about 4 days ago and I want to do the excat same thing. I live in a small city and I know a few people that are into magic. We're currently just planning to go out and go 'Blaining'. It should be really fun just to go out and perform for people you don't know. I mean, if you screw up, hey, you'll most likely never see the person again. But on the other side of that, you should have every trick in your arsenal down pretty good. Or at least good enough to perform with very little flaws. I hope this helps you out a bit. I totally understand what you're feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 1:07 pm 
Penguin

5magic5 wrote:
I just turned 14 about 4 days ago and I want to do the excat same thing. I live in a small city and I know a few people that are into magic. We're currently just planning to go out and go 'Blaining'. It should be really fun just to go out and perform for people you don't know. I mean, if you screw up, hey, you'll most likely never see the person again. But on the other side of that, you should have every trick in your arsenal down pretty good. Or at least good enough to perform with very little flaws. I hope this helps you out a bit. I totally understand what you're feeling.

Thank you, I can sure do something with it. Tell me how it was. I'd like to know that. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 8:25 pm 
born to perform.

Since1992 wrote:
Hey Kraynik or Mexico5 or other ones, could you tell me how your first performance for strangers was. I would like to know that...

Effing terrible. I was at an amusement park after like 5 days of getting my first magic tricks. I was with a bunch of friends and I'm like "Hey check out that change dude over there with the fannypack full of quarters. I'm gonna show him a trick like David Blaine. Watch, it'll be funny!" I go up to him and say "I see you have a lot of quarters. Check this out." I pull out my coin bite from my pocket, silently do the full effect in a matter of 5 seconds, and put it away. The guy has the most bored, disgusted look on his face and uber sarcastically goes "Woooow" in monotone, and gives me the dismissal gesture with his hands. I walk back and my friends were laughing at me.

What a long freakin' way I've come with magic 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 2:48 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for sharing, I liked it. My vacation is coming, we are leaving the 8th of July so maybe my first performance (for strangers) is coming... :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Ruby city next to the Emerald city. Bob is wearing the Emerald Sneakers.
kraynik wrote:
Since1992 wrote:
Hey Kraynik or Mexico5 or other ones, could you tell me how your first performance for strangers was. I would like to know that...

Well it was scary that is for sure. I am not going to lie. I was doing a birthday party. I had my routine set and everything. This was my first year doing magic. I was just going to high school. I didn't mess up but just nervous. You learn to get over it and use the energy for the better. Nerves can be your best friend or can allow you to mess up. You will be nervous but you will get over it and use it. It is great to have that energy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 3:21 pm 
Penguin

That energy gave me some sort of a boost when I performed for my class, it was a great feeling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 12:51 pm 
Penguin

The first time I performed for classmates was last December. I started off by doing Sinful, which I was able to pull off. I did several other effects as well during the night, and I felt a huge rush afterwards. I've performed for school and other things several other times, but I've yet to perform for complete strangers. Maybe next month . . .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 1:17 pm 
born to perform.

yes

just go out and try it

you dont need other people opinions if youre ready to just go out and perform

just go out and do it