View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: The Micro 5 PRO PK KIT
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:21 pm 
born to perform.

anotherone wrote:
-----Directed to anybody who owns the kit.-----

I am purchasing the Micro 5 Pro Pk kit (after having great use of the pk coin and wizard ring), and wondering if the wrist gimmick can be hidden under a wristband. I am willing to cut open one of my strechy Nike wristbands to do it, I just need to know if it can be done. I'm 14, and I rarely wear long sleeve shirts, the occasional hoodie. I apologize if in your opinion I am asking for a trick's secret, this is something that I need to know if it comes to me having to buy a few long sleeve shirts or a new hoodie. I do coin magic already, and the pk coin will tie in nicely with a stronger magnet.

Thanks,
Garrett

Whoa, nice to meet you Garrett, I'm Garrett. :wink:
It would be darn near impossible to conceal the gimmick in a wristband, because it is half an inch thick. You Will need to obtain a loose jacket, or hoodie (either will work), although i do not recommend a hoodie with elastic cuffs. I love my pro pk kit, and have used it hundreds of times, and gotten GREAT reactions. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!
If you really would like to hide the most powerful pk magnet *that will fit* inside your wristband, get this:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=BY0X02

or if more power is needed, try this:

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DY02

Congrats. on having the coolest name ever ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:42 pm 
born to perform.

anotherone wrote:
Which do you recommend more, getting one of those magnets, or getting the PK kit. Expense isn't too much of a problem for me, and I have large enough wrists to cover a 2 inch diameter. I am not sure if the included tricks are worth the extra $70. What do you think?

Thanks Garrett,
Garrett

Hmm, If you are heart-set on using your wrist band, get the round magnet on the link i gave you, however you will need to sew the magnet in.That magnet is about one-half as powerful as the M-5, but one fourth as bulky. The accessories included in the pro pk kit, are NO WAY worth $70, but the majority of the price of the kit is in the actual magnet, and the custom wrist strap. You can easily get the shimmed accessories from penguin,just use the search button.

Do you normally wear a wristband? If not, some people WILL ask to examine your wristband,so i recommend wearing your un-gimmicked wristband everyday for about a month, so people get used to you wearing it.

Here are somethings I recommend for you, if you decide to get the round magnet for your wrist band:

http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=479

http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.a ... 1B&cat=168

Those, for shimming VERY small non-metal objects.

Tell me what you decide, Garrett,

Garrett-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:50 pm 
born to perform.

It really is YOUR decision, I just want to help you make that choice.
I say get the Round magnet (or two!) and modify a wrist band, with the two things I listed. For less money, you can have a better system.

Up to you man,
Garrett-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:49 pm 
born to perform.

surfh2o311, what;s the shipping costs of that site?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:53 pm 
born to perform.

anotherone wrote:
Thanks for the links, they are a great help!

I sold a bunch of video games lately for twice their worth and have the money for the pk kit now. I do wear a wristband, so that is covered. Are 100 of the small magnets more powerful than the pk kit when bunched together, or would 250 for $25.00 be the way to go?

I APPRECIATE THE HELP, THANK YOU SO MUCH,
Garrett

Hmm, I would say no. I have 100, and the pull streanth is NOT combined when put together, although that would be cool ;)

Edit: I have once again been schooled by dave-v.
Please find the answer in the post below mine ;)

Last edited by surfh2o311 on Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:52 pm 

Of course they do. It's an additive effect. two small magnets are exactly the same strength as the same size single magnet. (more or less, barring any errors or gaps) It's simple physics.

I quite successfully doubled up on Ultra K's years ago to increase the force.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:09 pm 
born to perform.

What's the pull force of the micro 5?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:28 pm 

Pull strength is measured in pounds, and is the force required to remove the magnet from a steel plate. K&J Magnetics rates their m5 equivalent at 315 pounds.

You can get quite an education in magnetics by browsing www.kjmagnetics.com and reading their FAQ's.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:36 pm 
born to perform.

DaveV wrote:
Pull strength is measured in pounds, and is the force required to remove the magnet from a steel plate. K&J Magnetics rates their m5 equivalent at 315 pounds.

You can get quite an education in magnetics by browsing www.kjmagnetics.com and reading their FAQ's.

Thanks. I wanted to know how much stronger it was than the ones in surfh20311s links.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:41 pm 

For a wristband application, instead of the tiny round ones he suggested, I'd experiment with flat rectangles or cylinders. They can stick to each other side by side, looking something like a metal watch band, and if sewn into a piece of fabric they can flex around your wrist.

There is already magnetic jewelery that works this way. If you don't find it on K&J, then try www.supermagnetman.com or search Google.

If you try this, let us know how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:18 pm 
Penguin

the m5 says it can make matches move.....cant the magnetic from http://www.kjmagnetics.com/proddetail.asp?prod=DY02 do this? Cuz i dont think i can afford the m5..i rather just get the kand J magnetic and buy some books or the accessory kit from penguin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:39 am 

I thought I answered this in last year's post, right above yours. Magnets are magnets. K&J, Supermagnetman, whoever. Chazpro magnets were the strongest available at the time. They were also some of the most expensive magnets. Times have changed. Prices have dropped. Pick one, they're all good.