View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:45 am 
Penguin

8) THE BEST METHOD 8)

I like to incorprate my magic into everyday tasks, and situations, to make it seem more REAL and spontaneous, as opposed to , "Hi, can show you a magic TRICK???". That just sounds cheap, and not powerful or captivating.

:!: DESCRIPTION: For example, on a crowded sidewalk, near a bus stop, I often pretend to accidentally drop a crumpled up receipt. Instead of leaning over to pick it up, I lean over slightly, and cause it to LEVITATE back into my hands.

This is when people begin to STARE, and some stop to watch as they walk by. I keep on going by making the paper ball levitate around my body and arms. And back into my hand. People begin to ask, "What the? How did you do that?", and that is my opportunity to continue with different effects that involve the audience I've already built up.

The audience grows and GROWS, you now have the opportunity to hand out business cards, state your website, ask the crowd for a kind donation, or just walk away (Eery).

Either way, you've built yourself a reputation.

THE END

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 7:21 pm 
Penguin

whoa. thats good, I'll try that! thanks! :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 6:17 pm 
Penguin

First off, I LOVE what Elven said!!

And second, pick up a flourishing dvd.
learn it till you can do it in your sleep. What I like to do Is stand in a centralized area somewhere and just start flourishing while scoping out the place.

After that within fives minutes you will have someone come up to you usually asking, " Hey, can you do magic?"

I say yes. i do a couple of illusions and you wait for reactions...THEN you get a crowd. So... for the first couple of people you perform for, make sure the reactions are "scream-worthy." :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:53 pm 
Penguin

Do this at school first i'm only ten so I have the same problem only on a larger scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:07 pm 
Penguin

ok, I know I'll probably get my head bitten off.

But personally I find doing card flourishes and Extreme card cuts an easy way to grab attention.
Maybe its different over here in Britain. But the brits love skills with cards.

Once People stop to watch the XCM. just stop and offer to someone to pick a card

peasy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 7:27 pm 

The only sure fire way that I know to draw a crowd in a hurry is to simply pull out a pistol and let off a couple of rounds in the air. You'll get everyone's attention.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:22 pm 
Penguin

This has been REALLY over used by magicians but I still use it and its a classic. I say "Hey can I show you something cool." If they ask just be like "It is going to be something awesome" and give a nice smile :D . Then go on to your routine

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:25 pm 
Penguin

Elven wrote:
8) THE BEST METHOD 8)

I like to incorprate my magic into everyday tasks, and situations, to make it seem more REAL and spontaneous, as opposed to , "Hi, can show you a magic TRICK???". That just sounds cheap, and not powerful or captivating.

:!: DESCRIPTION: For example, on a crowded sidewalk, near a bus stop, I often pretend to accidentally drop a crumpled up receipt. Instead of leaning over to pick it up, I lean over slightly, and cause it to LEVITATE back into my hands.

This is when people begin to STARE, and some stop to watch as they walk by. I keep on going by making the paper ball levitate around my body and arms. And back into my hand. People begin to ask, "What the? How did you do that?", and that is my opportunity to continue with different effects that involve the audience I've already built up.

The audience grows and GROWS, you now have the opportunity to hand out business cards, state your website, ask the crowd for a kind donation, or just walk away (Eery).

Either way, you've built yourself a reputation.

THE END

Yeah i kinda do that espt I do like a card spring its loud and gets attention. I dont really like the floating paper thing. The effect could be stronger if you came to them and say can I show you something. Over all I do use this method though :D

Post subject: flaming ball trick
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 3:49 pm 
Penguin

mrbiddle wrote:
I am 13 and all i do is a trick that makes a ball of fire and people always come! :D :)
wats the trick called ??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:57 pm 
Penguin

yes, i understand this is my first post but i have done street magic and what i recommend is going somewhere like a dog run or a place where people just chill in the park and ask if they want to see a trick. Dog runs are awesome because anyone who takes out there dogs to socialize has to be nice, and they will stay captivated until they have to leave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:47 pm 
Penguin

Me and my friend actually went out for a couple of hours today to approach and wow people. We were at an outlet center, so we made sure we told them we didn't want money. Also, we would only approach people who were sitting at a table relaxing or talking, or we're sitting on a bench. My line was, "Excuse me Sir/Ms, me and my friend are walking around today to entertain people with magic, would you like to see a trick?" If they said yes I started off with a David Blaine card trick, then a prediction, and would finish up with the invisible deck. If they were a good audience, and seemed to like the magic a lot, I would show a bit more. If not, I would leave them with less. I would always leave them with a, "Thank you for your time, have a great day!"

I hope this helped! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:39 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
The only sure fire way that I know to draw a crowd in a hurry is to simply pull out a pistol and let off a couple of rounds in the air. You'll get everyone's attention.

That was pretty punny...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:23 pm 
Penguin

Why is it that almost every magician I know has a thing for puns? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 7:44 am 
Penguin

zectar wrote:
Why is it that almost every magician I know has a thing for puns? :lol:

Magicians just enjoy having a bit of pun now and then :lol: .