View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:00 pm 
born to perform.

Quote:
I am 13 and all i do is a trick that makes a ball of fire and people always come! Very Happy Smile

Or you could do that...

Brucelee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:29 pm 

mrbiddle wrote:
I am 13 and all i do is a trick that makes a ball of fire and people always come! :D :)

Masterbiddle, or Sam, or whatever your called. You are much like a Christmas goose, full to overflowing with CRAP. Causing a fireball can get you in trouble, size large, with the authorities. Especially after 9/11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:35 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
just introduce your self and say "can I show you somthing interesting" but alot of times people ask me to see an effect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:54 pm 
born to perform.

I introduce myself, state that i am a magician, and ask if they want to see something pretty cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 2:35 am 
born to perform.

They all do sound better , thanks. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:09 am 
Penguin

Do not go up to people. Many will think it rude, which will give you, and all street magicians, a bad rep. Take a friend to a mall, or park, or such. Start performing tricks for your friend, in full view of passersby. If your magic is good, passersby will stop to watch. They will also comment. Then, since they spoke to you, you will be free to reply. Then, lead into tricks involving those who have spoken to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Why will it give all street magicians a bad rap, do you mean then that Blaine, Angel, Garcia, etc will be doomed if others go up to people and politely ask them if they would like to see something neat or see some magic??? You are painting with a broad brush there. Now I don't do street magic but do perform in bars all the time, and I just walk up and ask if they would like to see something neat or cool. I have only been turned down once, even entertained a wedding party, of whom I knew not one person in the group.
And since when is it wrong to talk to people? You have to wait for them to talk to you first??? Sounds paranoic to me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:58 pm 
Emperor Penguin

fcchief wrote:
Why will it give all street magicians a bad rap, do you mean then that Blaine, Angel, Garcia, etc will be doomed if others go up to people and politely ask them if they would like to see something neat or see some magic??? You are painting with a broad brush there. Now I don't do street magic but do perform in bars all the time, and I just walk up and ask if they would like to see something neat or cool. I have only been turned down once, even entertained a wedding party, of whom I knew not one person in the group.
And since when is it wrong to talk to people? You have to wait for them to talk to you first??? Sounds paranoic to me

Also notice all three live in huge cities and have a camera crew. I think if the people want to be entertained they will come. Its much easier "fishing."
When fishing do you chase them? Or set out some bait, waiting for them to go to you?

I wouldnt want a mime, "robot" or musician bothering me to show me something. You dont see that either. Why? because they know they can bring the people to them.

I see bars, weddings and partys as a totally different fields, than open streets or even the mall. Even those frist three are usually approached in slighty different ways.
So talk about "Broad", you examples were rather broad.

Post subject: Re: how do i go up to people
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:47 am 
Emperor Penguin

smurray0817 wrote:
i dont want them thinking im just a stuped little kid who bought a magic trick a the local super market

Sorry you just proved that fact right there. Stay off the streets.

Post subject: loud trick
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:03 am 
Penguin

i just wander into a busy area and do something like the hummer card which grabs attention. if people stop to watch, i ask them if they want to see another trick and do a longer routine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:04 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
Search, search, he's our man. If search can't find it, no one can.

Do you like going around telling people what you think? WHy dont you just be quiet instead of telling people to go search. nobody asked you and you can leave your comments to yourself.

Its like who frigging cares thanks for telling us, i didnt know you were the website monitor that likes to go around forum 24/7 searching for ppl who didnt search. i mean cmon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:07 pm 
born to perform.

Do something like Cyril and do the Boomerang card, right in front of them. That oughta get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:14 pm 
born to perform.

i do one of two things, go up to someone, and ask them if they have a spare moment, when they say yes, i perform...

or i do something like long distance spinner or springing the cards to attract a crowd.

P.S.
cool story, recently i was at apllebees, and started to talk to somone randomly, and it came up that i did magic, for once in my life i had nothing on, not even a coin...:( so he gave me a deck of cards from out of his backpack, i don't remember what i performed, but after i did, he gave me 10 dollars for one trick...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 10:37 pm 
born to perform.

doomkitty41 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
Search, search, he's our man. If search can't find it, no one can.

Do you like going around telling people what you think? WHy dont you just be quiet instead of telling people to go search. nobody asked you and you can leave your comments to yourself.

Its like who frigging cares thanks for telling us, i didnt know you were the website monitor that likes to go around forum 24/7 searching for ppl who didnt search. i mean cmon

Your post contributed nothing to this thread. Please stop posting in threads unless you're actually adding something to the discussion.

In response to the original poster, I agree with DavidTheCryptic in the sense that you shouldn't need to approach others, they should come to you. I'm not saying that approaching them is wrong, I just don't personally do it and don't feel it's necessary.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:24 pm 
Penguin

Fallingblood knows the answer and still tells him to search...

And you should just walk up to them with a friend with a deck of cards in your hands asking if they wanna see a trick, check to see if they are busy or find a person that doesnt do anything like a security guard outside a bank. i show him tricks every day because he has nothing else to do.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next