View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Advice eh?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:25 pm 
Penguin

Hey guys I'm 12 and I'm soon going to be going up to people doing street magic ( "YAY" :?) lol but for tips, dont worry and if it happens it happens right, and i have tricks such as b2 bomber , if i go up to someone and do that, should i always be prepared to do a routine with the dollar and pen (or any kind of routine) or any other advice
also where would be the best place to do some magic like this, (shop fair ect.)

I AM NOT BUSKING lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:53 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Don't be a beggar. Do your magic for experience. At this point in the "Royal Road", you're obviously not ready to work for tips. Your spelling, grammar, asking for secrets on AIM... all that tells me that you probably don't have the devotion and hard work it takes to be a truly good magician, and all you care about is the money. If you truly work at it, the tips will come when you're ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:54 am 

You didn't listen to Dave when he locked your last post, heh? You are in no way ready to do magic, let alone busk. The tricks you have are all, as in 100%, gimmicked. Any trained monkey can do them.

My sidewalk shows consist of a 6 foot piece of rope, any rope like you get from a hardware store, and a 4" dia. harness ring. Try a tack shop for that. Plus I end with a 3 ring routine using 10" dia linking rings. Soemetimes if I feel like it I will throw in a silk and t humb tip bit. I use hat lines and I do a hat pass. Makes good money. The reason that little act can make money is it ENTERTAINS the crowd. That's busking, entertaining not tricks.

I will tell you to go ahead and start working the streets. Not because you can make it but at 12 yrs old you are a know it all little kid so you're not going to listen. So go out and do it. You will fail and make a fool of your self. Then when all your friends stop laughing at you you might learn to do it right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:51 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Don't be a beggar. Do your magic for experience. At this point in the "Royal Road", you're obviously not ready to work for tips. Your spelling, grammar, asking for secrets on AIM... all that tells me that you probably don't have the devotion and hard work it takes to be a truly good magician, and all you care about is the money. If you truly work at it, the tips will come when you're ready.

alright i didnt ask for secrets on AIM! i asked him if he made up any tricks and if he wanted to trade them for a trick i made up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:55 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
Don't be a beggar. Do your magic for experience. and all you care about is the money.

did i not ask a question about tips here is the exact quote
"[i have a questions..]for tips, dont worry and if it happens it happens right?"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:40 pm 
born to perform.

dmmember wrote:
adjones wrote:
Don't be a beggar. Do your magic for experience. and all you care about is the money.

did i not ask a question about tips here is the exact quote
"[i have a questions..]for tips, dont worry and if it happens it happens right?"

however no one could understand this because of your grammar.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:48 pm 
Emperor Penguin

dmmember wrote:
adjones wrote:

alright i didnt ask for secrets on AIM! i asked him if he made up any tricks and if he wanted to trade them for a trick i made up

Actually, you did. You asked me if I wanted to trade tricks. That's called exposure in this magical world of... magic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:37 pm 
born to perform.

adjones wrote:
dmmember wrote:
adjones wrote:

Actually, you did. You asked me if I wanted to trade tricks. That's called exposure in this magical world of... magic.

There is nothing wrong with trading tricks, routines, etc. They way in which it is handled is the important part. If i go to a magic shop and do my coin routine, the other magician does his, it is fine to collaborate and share each others routines in effort to make them both better. Youtube trading and similar things are bad, the way it was done in this case, would be bad. But saying trading tricks is exposure and is bad. Is a bit too general of a statement and is not completely true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:50 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Burleson , Texas , stop buying every new trick and Read some bloody books
read books and learn the basics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:06 pm 
Emperor Penguin

hazerman15 wrote:
There is nothing wrong with trading tricks, routines, etc. They way in which it is handled is the important part. If i go to a magic shop and do my coin routine, the other magician does his, it is fine to collaborate and share each others routines in effort to make them both better. Youtube trading and similar things are bad, the way it was done in this case, would be bad. But saying trading tricks is exposure and is bad. Is a bit too general of a statement and is not completely true.

That's a good point, but I could tell he was about 12-14 by his typing skills, and that he was just in it for the exposure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:48 am 
Penguin

even if you do have a couple of cool tricks dont start at a shopping fair....start in your school so if you stuff up it wont make you feel bad....and believe at your age your probably gonna stuff up a few times

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 am 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
hazerman15 wrote:

That's a good point, but I could tell he was about 12-14 by his typing skills, and that he was just in it for the exposure.

Hey there, I'm 14, don't play the age game. What matters here is his immaturity and how he is unprepared in every aspect as far as performing.

Sharing routines isn't exactly sharing tricks. A routine is a collaboration of tricks, and as long as each person speaking knows the individual tricks, sharing which order they present them in and giving tips isnt trading. Trading would be each person giving a trick they know for a trick that they don't know the method and/or gimmicks involved. In my opinion trading tricks is wrong. Trading routine information or presentation tricks, in my opinion, is perfectly ok.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:34 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
dmmember wrote:
adjones wrote:

i asked if u wanted to trade tricks that we made up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:39 pm 
Penguin

adjones wrote:
hazerman15 wrote:

im just in it for the exposure, r u kidding me?! i trade tricks all the time, because i know that people make up their own tricks, and if they cant sell it, want to profit from it somehow, so whats better then trading ? its not exposure if its ur own creation! Should I be telling you this? i expected at your age you should know![/u][/i]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:59 pm 
born to perform.

dmmember wrote:
adjones wrote:
hazerman15 wrote:

im just in it for the exposure, r u kidding me?! i trade tricks all the time,
Name some please because i know that people make up their own tricks, and if they cant sell it, want to profit from it somehow, how is this profit so whats better then trading ? its not exposure if its ur own creation! I highly doubt that you have created anything worthwile. Make a video then post it in the penguin theatre, if you want to prove it. Should I be telling you this? i expected at your age you should know! you're probably the same age

How old do you think AdJones is?
I believe he is 14 right?

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next