View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: Airstep Levitation Free at Magiczine!
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:15 pm 
born to perform.

The self levitation I created and submitted to Magiczine. Any thoughts are appreciated!

www.magiczine.com

Michael Kras

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:03 am 
Penguin

I figured it out right away, but as far as levitations go, it's ok.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:42 pm 

I think it was foolish and irresponsible to state in your manuscript that you can "levitate" off the roof of a building. I hope you can live with yourself if anyone is foolish enough to actually try it.

The reason Garrett saw through it is the fact that you levitate *down* not up. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see what's happening, and in this case their first guess is probably right.

If you want this (or anything for that matter) to succeed, you have to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is *not* what they think it is. Deconstructing explanations before they're even expressed is the key point in Darwin Ortiz' "Designing Miracles."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:03 pm 
born to perform.

And I suppose The Wild Levitation is foolproof?

To be honest, this will likely not fool many people IF they are expecting a levitation. However, from experience, I know this hits hard if you just suddenly get into it with no explanation. It's visual and can be quiyte surprising if done at the right moment. I've fooled some very intelligent people with this simply because they aren't expecting it.

I do hope you enjoy and appreciate the thinkingt behind this, anyway. For a 14 year old boy, I would think this is a good effort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:18 pm 

Not foolproof, foolish. Suggesting someone step off the roof of a building is irresponsible at best.

Levitation implies "lifting" not lowering. If you simply called it "Airstep" it would sound better. Granted, it looks good as a surprise bit, I think you just could have been more careful with your wording.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:15 pm 
born to perform.

I agree. It is normally simply called Airstep. I am not really sure why I called it a "levitation" as it is more of a "suspension". I'm sure you'll agree, though, that the illusion is pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:55 pm 
Penguin

dont fiddle around with your shoes as much before
that gave it away

second, I wouldnt use it, its waaay to obvious

third, I sure as edited wouldnt do it on the side of a building

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:41 pm 
Penguin

MichaelKras wrote:
And I suppose The Wild Levitation is foolproof?

To be honest, this will likely not fool many people IF they are expecting a levitation. However, from experience, I know this hits hard if you just suddenly get into it with no explanation. It's visual and can be quiyte surprising if done at the right moment. I've fooled some very intelligent people with this simply because they aren't expecting it.

I do hope you enjoy and appreciate the thinkingt behind this, anyway. For a 14 year old boy, I would think this is a good effort.

I'm 14. I've actually thought of this before while on my front step, then thought "Nah, that's too obvious".

It's not hard to think of things, but it's hard to think of something worth saying.

Garrett

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:52 pm 
born to perform.

I said before, if done at the right moment this can KILL.. It's visually surprising and can be a real fooler if you catch the person off guard.

Any more thoughts on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:27 pm 
born to perform.

Well anyone can throw a rock at some one and have it be a suprise what you need to do is make it so if they are watching with an open eye they would still see it as amazing. Ok idea just work with it a little.

P.S. I don't see what you mean about the off the building thing could you post a video of you doing that. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:42 pm 

He never did that as far as I know. He did write in his ebook that it could be done that way. I really hope nobody tries it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:37 pm 

hmm.. I'm not one for levitations, most look like exactly what they are, this one no exception.

good thinking but it's a pretty weak method.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:58 pm 
Penguin

Hehehe mind if I use this??? :) . Good job man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:12 pm 
born to perform.

Thank you man! Sure, of course you can use it, give it a try! I am extremely happy with the response this effect has received.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:54 pm 
Penguin

I like it. It has a certain heckler attracting factor though. Do you know what I mean? If someone sees this they'll be eager to find out What you did. That makes it hard on you though because , though a good levitation, It is very easy to flash. Good initiative for creating magic, but this ones to gutsy for me. :lol:

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next