View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:50 am 

The first thing to do is go see a busker in action, watch them, learn from them. I use hat lines all thru my show, some funny just to plant the idea that I am going to pass the hat. At the end of the show I make my big hat line, this one is very serious, no joking around, I tell the audience that "to be a professional magician has always been my dream, it has now come true. This is how I make my living, so if you had a few moments of happiness drop some bills into the hat. Thank you."

But to answer the actual questio, "how do I get paid?" The answer is Very Well! More than enough to keep me, me wife, my ex wives, and my lndlord very happy.

Last edited by paddy on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:57 pm 
Penguin

I liked the 20 dollar bill thing. That was funny.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 9:35 pm 
Penguin

iwantgoodmagic wrote:
I liked the 20 dollar bill thing. That was funny.

Thank you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 7:45 pm 
Team Penguin

In street magic, it is called a big jar with the word "TIPS" written across the front of it...just make sure you aren't performing in front of a clinic for dislexic people!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:19 am 
Penguin

thats pretty funny

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:10 pm 
Penguin

Yea it would be pretty messed up to do a great trick and have people hockin loogies at you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:14 pm 
born to perform.

I have visited covent garden a number of times in the past.

Loads of buskers, some i give tips to and some i dont. They dont need to ask me for a tip, if i found the performance ENTERTAINING, ie, enjoyed watching, laughed alot, has a good personality, i will tip well.

If not, i simply walk away at the end.

They do have funny built in tip lines, but they dont change whether i tip or not. I would never tip someone under 16, unless they were amazingly good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:39 am 
Team Penguin

Ben, why wouldn't you tip someone under 18? Also, I don't understand why the person who created this is thanking everyone for helping. Bloor told you to get a job, while Paddy came off (and does the same thing on every forum) that experienced people can't help other magicians. This next sentence is directed towards Paddy. Paddy, if you are reading this, you should know that you can give people a quick bit of info, and you don't have to brag about how much you make. If someone asks how to make money, you can tell them a little bit about it, for they are going to have to search anyway. Oh, and towards the person who was originally asking how to get tips, I would say pick up some resources telling you ways to get people to tip you, without yelling out, "TIP ME!". I am unsure what these resourses are called, but ask around. I know that other people had already said that on this forum... Sorry if that wasn't any help...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 10:55 am 

Popchris wrote:
...This next sentence is directed towards Paddy. Paddy, if you are reading this, you should know that you can give people a quick bit of info, and you don't have to brag about how much you make. If someone asks how to make money, you can tell them a little bit about it, for they are going to have to search anyway...

Well you should start to learn how to read. I have given advice, and will continue to do so. But when someone just pops up and asks a question that looks for secrets, or gets an answer that he doesn't like so he keeps asking the same question I tell them exactly what I think. Look over this thread at my posts.
Quote:
paddy Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 5:11 pm ... Use hat lines, use funny hat lines. You never ever say "do you want to see some magic?" Then at the end hold your hand out. It's all part of the show.

And again
Quote:
paddy Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 6:50 am The first thing to do is go see a busker in action, watch them, learn from them. I use hat lines all thru my show, some funny just to plant the idea that I am going to pass the hat. At the end of the show I make my big hat line, this one is very serious, no joking around, I tell the audience that "to be a professional magician has always been my dream, it has now come true. This is how I make my living, so if you had a few moments of happiness drop some bills into the hat. Thank you."

Seems like I answered his question. You, on the other hand asked a question, was answered by several people and then asked the same question again. Remember that insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting differnt results.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:52 pm 
born to perform.

I said 16 not 18. And to answer the point, simply because they are generally not very good. If i have a certain amount of money to give in tips, i will give it to the better adult performers, they need the money, the 16 year old or younger does not. The adult has spent years perfecting their act, they are not just learning the B2 Bomber and showing it to people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:59 pm 
Team Penguin

Paddy, that is funny. I thought "The Insane Guy" was on your ignore list? Hmm... Kinda wierd how you jump at any chance to remind me of how crazy I am... Anyway, I agree with what Benlewis says. I am 13, and truthfully, people should tip the adults more than the kids. Also, Paddy, I'm not sure if you read the other forums, but I said I feel the same way about you as I do Criss Angel. After every episode, I hate him more. He is an egotistical moron. Did you teach him how to be that annoying? Oh, and the definition of insanity in the Webster's Dictionary is 1) Not Sane. 2) Of or for insane people. 3) Very foolish. Thanks for reading!