View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: when to start
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:56 am 
Penguin

Hi im 14 i started doing magic on the street like 5 months. now i have two years doing magic the point is tha i get asome reactions.i have hear some people saying that 14 is to early for street magic and i totaly disaagree just want to espress my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:36 pm 
Emperor Penguin

What you are probably talking about is "childs play", nothing a real magician does.
What you are probably talking about is "blaining."

Real "street magic" is called Busking. Which takes age, maturity, and a lot of skill.

You disagree probably because you are young and still new to magic. You havent done a real performance, so you just dont know.

Learn to spell or use spell check, also work on punctuation. That was a terrible read. ITs hard to take a 14 year old serious when they can not spell half way decently.
the point is tha i get asome reactions. Thats your point? Thats your proof? :roll:

Sorry but I just find your post to be "full of it."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:46 pm 
Penguin

DavidTheCryptic wrote:
What you are probably talking about is "childs play", nothing a real magician does.

Real "street magic" is called Busking. Which takes age, maturity, and a lot of skill.

You disagree probably because you are young and still new to magic. You havent done a real performance, so you just dont know.

Learn to spell or use spell check, also work on punctuation. That was a terrible read. ITs hard to take a 14 year old serious when they can not spell half way decently.
the point is tha i get asome reactions. Thats your point? Thats your proof? :roll:

so your sayin cause your young you cant be a real street magician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:27 pm 

Since you haven't outlined what you do, we have no idea if you're a busker or simply harassing people with tricks.

Being young doesn't make you a good street magician. Being good makes you a good street magician. Along with that comes the ability to handle tough situations like drunks, druggies, people stealing your money or your props, that sort of thing. I seriously doubt any 14 year old can handle that appropriately unless they are partnered with an adult. It's not an age thing, it's life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 3:41 pm 
Penguin

bltemp wrote:
Look, you dont understand what they are saying. There is a difference between hit and run and busking. You are doing hit and run. Hit and run is what children do. They go up to people and show them some tricks.

Busking is real street magic. A very entertaining performer has a 30-40 minute show with comedy and entertainment. Crowds of between 20 and 100 are gathered to watch. Generous tips are given at the end. Thats real street magic.

Hit and run, what you are doing, is not. A monkey with half a brain can do that and get some reactions. Reactions are just the end of a trick, the performance and entertainment within the tricks are what makes a real magician.

Young children (15 and below), especially ones that have been into magic less than 3 years, do not understand the differences, and think they have a good "show" when in reality they dont.

Good reactions are often faked, i know, iv done it and seen others do it so as not to make the young "magician" feel bad. And even when they are not, the reactions are not what makes a good magician. After all, anyone can buy a raven and get a reaction.

Dave also makes an excellent point, crowd control a real busker has cant possibly be handled by any 14 year old. They dont have the presence or experience.

oh my back my dear friends i missunderstood what Busking was in the other side i get pay for doing magic at parties.and yes i may be doing hit and run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 4:00 pm 
Penguin

bltemp wrote:
Whether you get paid or not is not an indicator of how good you are.

I know people that stuggle to get £30 an hour (60$) yet because they get that they believe they are god. I get £200 first hour ($400) and £150 ($300) for every hour after that with no problems.

now i dont understand. they pay me 95 a hour and i just do my thing.my point is

how can you know if a magician is good them and at what age shoud people start real street magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:05 am 

Babidi, you are in the "cute little kid" stage. You keep harassing people with tricks and they do anything to get the he*l away from you. Go loearn how to PERFORM MAGIC instead of doing tricks. Get Eugene Burger's new DVD on presentation. With all the money you claim to be making spending less that US$100 should be easy for you.

You can't get Burger's DVD on this site so that's why G-d invented Google. Go find it, buy it and learn from it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:11 am 
Emperor Penguin

Babidi wrote:
at what age shoud people start real street magic

I am not sure, but I can tell you that they should STOP around 14, or whenever it is they mature and actually discover what "real" magic is all about. When they can actually define the difference between "TV magic" and real life, and why TV magic does not work in real life most of the time; and not live in a fantasy world. Then they will actually make progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:51 am 
Penguin

sirbrad wrote:
Babidi wrote:

I am not sure, but I can tell you that they should STOP around 14, or whenever it is they mature and actually discover what "real" magic is all about. When they can actually define the difference between "TV magic" and real life, and why TV magic does not work in real life most of the time; and not live in a fantasy world. Then they will actually make progress.

last question

for you guys what is real magic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:23 pm 
Penguin

Babidi wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Babidi wrote:

last question

Real magic is an oxymoron.

-The Words of Iscariot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:43 pm 
Penguin

tHiRtEeN_iScArIoT wrote:
Babidi wrote:
sirbrad wrote:
Babidi wrote:

last question

Real magic is an oxymoron.

-The Words of Iscariot.
you say what is that supose to be a insult

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:08 pm 

Babidi wrote, which is good because he usually scribbles instead of writing
Quote:
last question for you guys what is real magic

I was watching Eugene Burger's new DVD today and he points out what you are trying to understand. According to him you can do a stunt, much like balancing a dish on a pole. Yes this can get a lot of attention. Like leaving a party and comments by the guests saying "did you see that guy spinning plates on that pole!" But this is still just a stunt, that can be learned.

Or you can move that "stunt," let's say a card trick, up into a whole new realm by the presentation. You can do the revelation by saying "here's your card." Everybody says "wow." Or you can do the revelation in a magical way.

"I had a dream..." A simple mystery; The Gambler's fate; there are others ways he explains also. The point being, a "stunt" or trick get a "wow," a magical effect gets a "WOW!!! OHMYGOD!!!" See the difference. That is why a busker constantly examines his show evolving the effects to get a bigger bang out of the same trick.

Watch a true busker, the show seems totally ad lib. Watch him for several shows and you'll see that every word is rehearsed. The patter will not change one word. The only variations will be something a spectator does that we have to incorporate into our patter for a few seconds and then get right back into the script.

That is what real magic is.. It is bringing the spectator out of his world and into a new reality. Proving to that person that the impossible is possible, and doing that is such a way that he will always wonder if we really did that, or was it just a dream.

Keep doing your stunts but remeber that they are just that, stunts. It is up to YOU to learn how to make them magical effects

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:32 am 
Emperor Penguin

Babidi wrote:
DavidTheCryptic wrote:

so your sayin cause your young you cant be a real street magician

*Yes, thats exactley what I am saying.* :roll:

Is there any reason to really futher explain my post? I believe it has been fairly well covered by DaveV, Paddy, and Brad.

I usually go into more detail and explainations, but it does get old having to say it over and over. When most of this an be found already discussed on this very forum... by Me, DaveV, Paddy, Don, Brad, Robert, and others.

But to finish this short and sweet:

You cant be a "real magician" you can even call your self a magician until you 1) understand what magic is and about 2) Learn how to change a trick to magic 3) Experience and 4) maturity

Oh and to claim that you get $95 dollars an hour.... thats just really hard to believe. These topic, in my mind..... :?

"Your point is"... something you keep saying, but make little sense of after that.
"what age should people start real street magic"

And I am rambling now, probalby loosing sense in my post... oh well.

*sarcasm*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:17 am 
Penguin

[quote="DavidTheCryptic":[edited]][quote="Babidi":[edited]][quote="DavidTheCryptic":[edited]]What you are probably talking about is "childs play", nothing a real magician does.

[color=orange:[edited]]Learn to spell or use spell check, also work on punctuation. That was a terrible read. ITs hard to take a 14 year old serious when they can not spell half way decently.[/color:[edited]]
[b:[edited]]the point is tha i get asome reactions.[/b:[edited]] Thats your point? Thats your proof? :roll:
[/quote:[edited]]

so your sayin cause your young you cant be a real street magician[/quote:[edited]]

*Yes, thats exactley what I am saying.* :roll:

Is there any reason to really futher explain my post? I believe it has been fairly well covered by DaveV, Paddy, and Brad.

I usually go into more detail and explainations, but it does get old having to say it over and over. When most of this an be found already discussed on this very forum... by Me, DaveV, Paddy, Don, Brad, Robert, and others.

But to finish this short and sweet:

You cant be a "real magician" you can even call your self a magician until you 1) understand what magic is and about 2) Learn how to change a trick to magic 3) Experience and 4) maturity

Oh and to claim that you get $95 dollars an hour.... thats just really hard to believe. These topic, in my mind..... :?

"Your point is"... something you keep saying, but make little sense of after that.
"what age should people start real street magic"

And I am rambling now, probalby loosing sense in my post... oh well.

[color=cyan:[edited]]*sarcasm*[/color:[edited]][/quote:[edited]]

I undertand now but i know that we time i will lean all those things .i do magic in a restaurant in my free time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:30 pm 
born to perform.

Wait, so you do restaurants and private parties, apparently :roll: yet you dont know what "real magic" is and cant put a show together.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next