View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: lip...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:08 pm 
born to perform.

dude come on quit asking for secrets just go buy the flippin tricks if u want to know how do do them...and dont just buy them cause u want to know how to do them...just grow up and go buy them.....collin

Post subject: Re: lip...
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:10 pm 
Penguin

I wouldn't be talkinmg you asked in a re- of my post for the secret to the wild LIP.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 6:34 pm 
born to perform.

what?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 7:27 pm 
Penguin

Ya.....LIP did that. He's afool for tellin people not ask for tricks when he does...Lip your aren't a true magician if you really are like that. I mean every word of that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 8:02 pm 
Penguin

dont be so mean, im just a kid and i am exited to learn tricks and i dont tell people not to tell tricks! magicians should exange tricks if they want! from erik, the lip

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2003 11:00 pm 
Penguin

No one's being mean lip, if you want the secret to something do like every other magician does and buy it, being a kid is no excuse for ignorance of the don't tell how it's done rule.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:48 am 

collin is absolutely right. If you want to know the secret, buy the trick. To do anything else is theft and copyright infringement, not to mention an absolute violation of the magician's code.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:01 pm 
born to perform.

Everytime I come in here all I see is people bitching at everyone else...........What a wonderful place to hang out.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:18 pm 
born to perform.

Ok now this is beginning to bother me. When I hear people say “if you want to learn magic spend all you money in it” that to me is very wrong thinking like that, magician have to share their knowledge with one another to be successful in becoming a better magician, sure its good to buy stuff like books, videos and gimmicks but one can’t always buy all that you see. I am very lucky to have found a group of magicians that are willing to help you in whatever you have problems with or just to talk magic. I am not saying that every person that comes here and ask you the explanation for a trick you are going to give it to him, all I am saying is that if you have time and this person is really serious in learning how to perform them and not just to see how they are done well then you help him and he might even help you back some day. So this is my point of view in this subject I hope I haven’t offended anyone but that’s how I feel. LIP you are very young and that is good to start in such a young age so don’t let your self down because you can’t find people to help you in performing magic. I my self am starting in magic I just started 4 months ago practicing this type of art. I am not planning to live by magic I really take magic as a hobby to have fun. I’ll give you some links to start searching some cool tricks and some great advices from people that really know what they are talking about so here are a few; http://www.superhandz.com – awesome flourishes videos http://www.geocities.com/jhnsnoot/ - really cool free tricks http://ghettomagic.50megs.com/ - you can find tricks here also. http://www.zippotricks.com – cool tricks http://pentix.modenstudios.com –pen manipulation http://www.magicvideodepot.com/ - really cool demos with web cams this site have helped me a lot, try see if you can figure out some tricks. http://expertmagic.com/ - this is a really good site for getting advices from experience magician that really see magic as it should be.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 3:31 pm 
born to perform.

Uhm, if you can't spend a lot of money on tricks, make decisions on what you think will work the best for you, btw Cyberman, please dont post sites that expose magic, thats uncalled-for.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 5:46 pm 

There are a lot of different ways to learn magic without asking other magicians to reveal their secrets to you. You do not necessarily have to spend money on expensive tricks. Some of the greatest tricks already exist in books available in your local library. But there remains a high degree of sanctity in the magician's code. It would appear that some magicians assume that secret's should be shared "magician to magician". That's a big assumption without any foundation. In almost any magic book you pick up you will find a verse telling the reader not to reveal the secrets to any trick. I don't ever recall a book saying it was o.k. to do otherwise, so long as the receipient was a magician.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:21 pm 
Penguin

While I understand where you're coming from cyberman, keep in mindhat we can't tell whether someone is really interested in magic or is just someone who saw a trik done in school somewhere and just want to know how it's done. And no one's saying spend all your money on magic, but I myself have never just asked to go out and get secrets I bought books and videos and the tricks themselves and sat thre and did it. Would it be fair for someone who spent their hard earned money and time to buy something only to have someone else just learn it and then maybe even not do i at al once they find out how it's done?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 6:26 pm 
born to perform.

Im with cyberman, but guys I dont think those sites he posted really reveal stuff I may be mistaken though. But yeah, it IS a shame how money has done to magic what it has done to everything else. I do understand, however, that people probably SHOULD buy SOME tricks instead of saying how how how all the time, ESPECIALLY on the site where you buy it...but I mean, on ellusionist.com he sells 2 card monte for 17 bucks...17 bucks...the trick consists of ONE move, the most BASIC of all - pisses me off. And yeah, sometimes it is just some jerk wanting to know it...but man, I think we're all magicians here...But come on fellows, just ignore the problems, and dont let money get the best of you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 7:59 pm 
born to perform.

2 of them are popular in revealing david blaine tricks, not teaching them, revealing them.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2003 10:19 pm 
born to perform.

Location: I shall not capitulate... no never. I may be destroyed, but if I am, I shall drag a world with me...
Its wrong to reveal copyrighted material. People work hard on inventing these tricks. You shouldn't go around giving secrets out to free tricks. We're on a public message board, these secrets can get into the hands of anyone with a computer and search engine and that would cost the creator of the effects alot of money.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next