View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: lip...
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:17 pm 
Penguin

well said

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:32 pm 
born to perform.

MarkSchonfeld we just can’t make them understand but nice try though the points you laid out man I couldn’t have said it better myself. Oh and the Balducci levitation in my opinion should not be sold at any price the secret is just to stupid to paid the amount of money they are asking for and I say that for the other types of levitation to its just not right for someone to buy such a simple method for X amount of money when you can find it for free if you search the internet. I think hands down that if anything should be sold is the props and the secret together. I am in favor of buying videos and books though but a video only for such a simple levitation now maybe a cheaper booklet yes but a video with that trick only and that if you are lucky with it, it will only work 50% of the time, well then be my guess and spend your money rich boy and figure for your self. Submagic I totally understand your point but I am not talking about stuff like gimmick tricks I am talking about sleight of hand and that kind of tricks that one should help other with and man even if I a were told a gimmick secret it won’t matter because I won’t be able to do it because I don’t own the gimmick maybe I can make it and work hard on it but that’s it lots of people have bought gimmicks they already knew how they work and I am one. Trixta you totally are off of what we are trying to say. How can you learn magic any good the way you expect magicians should learn are you crazy man sit down and think what you are saying for a moment. MasterOfMagic read what we are saying we never said tell lay people that’s crazy and you are right it will totally blow the entertainment value although when I try to teach other magicians I don’t say I can’t show you go through edited and learn it get what I am talking about a great magician is also a great teacher don’t forget that bye

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 3:48 pm 
Penguin

Okay, maybe you want to go back to kindergarden so you can learn to read and use periods. here's what I said, read it nice...and...slow... YOU SHOULD ONLY GET HELP WITH A TRICK THAT YOU OWN AND KNOW HOW TO DO. IF YOU DO NOT OWN THE TRICK, THEN YOU DON'T NEED HELP WITH IT, DO YOU? I AM TOTALLY AGAINST ASKING/EXPOSING SECRETS ON PUBLIC FORUMS SUCH AS THIS ONE. TELLING PEOPLE HOW A TRICK IS DONE IS NOT AT ALL HELPING THEM, IT IS BLATANT EXPOSURE AND SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED. AND DON'T YOU GO AND CALL ME RICH BOY, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT ME. NOW, WHY DON'T YOU SIT AND THINK ABOUT WHAT YOUR LAME HALF-BRAINED RESPONSE IS GOING TO BE, INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME!!!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 4:28 pm 
born to perform.

Dude you are not getting the best of me so get off my face. Oh and learn some good lines because yours are pretty lame and I knew what you were trying to say and I still think you are crazy if you expect people to learn that way. You are right I don’t know you and you don’t know me either but for what I have read you must be the worst magician to ever life. I forgot to tell you RICH BOY you are not doing harm to others you are harming yourself. BYE AND DON”T TALK TO ME AGAIN!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:06 pm 
born to perform.

Lol, his lines are lame? I also don't think you can rate a magician through a debate. Please fix your ideas as well as try to understand a our views on blatent exposure, what you don't understand is exposure doesnt have to involve laymen, I can understand if you're helping someone with a trick they learned and are teaching them better handling and giving them tips, but its exposure if you are even telling magicians how to do tricks that creators spent their time and money developing. Not to mention you might teach them incorrectly just through vague text, and they end up messing it up and it laymen spread the secret, then it hurts magicians who have spent their time and money on a trick. It's a circle, remember that next time.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:06 pm 
Penguin

look, we both have our own opinions in magic. I'm sorry if I got a little bit angry there. Let's just settle this and be done with it. Friends?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 5:50 pm 
born to perform.

I apologies Trixta for my attitude back there, I got too carried away and started to talk [edited]. By the way if you noticed something wrong in my writing it was because this is my second language so when I saw your comment back there I guess that was what took me off but no matter now. With that said I take back all I said about you because I am not that type of person. MasterOfMagic the way I am trying to help other magicians on the internet is by Web Cam videos and I am trying to start teaching others by recording false shuffles, card tricks, impromptu tricks and coin tricks not necessary tricks that are copyrighted. Bye you all and again sorry for my attitude.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 6:26 pm 
Penguin

this forum is ridiculous. I would swear that you all are a bunch of teenagers. Actually I don't even know if I'd go that far. You're probably preteen. If you are.. then I guess I can understand, but name-calling and immature insults aren't going to server any purpose. The fact of the matter is this: tricks will be exposed whether we like it or not. The only way to cope with this is to strengthen your performance so that your routine is entertaining and you aren't relying solely upon fooling your spectators. If you're idea of a magician is someone who fools, then you are sorely mistaken. Fooling is ok, but entertaining gets you work. You are an entertainer. Repeat that: I am an entertainer... I am an entertainer. Am I getting through to you guys? You're welcome to have an opinion about exposing secrets, but don't think that you are going to stop it from happening. Just learn to live with it. Otherwise you're just messing with your blood-pressure.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 7:42 pm 
Penguin

that's what I realized, so I stopped.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 8:45 pm 
born to perform.

Dude now the stupid one here is you I really thought of you in a different way and so that you know I am 20 years old and I seriously don’t like others calling me immature. If you think this forum is ridiculous then go some place else.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2003 9:10 pm 
Penguin

had you thoroughly read my post you would have noticed that I called the name calling and insults immature. I never mentioned names. Please read all the way through before you lash out at people. In addition calling me "stupid" only furthers my argument. Sorry friend. I call it as it lies.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2003 2:26 pm 
born to perform.

Wow...Id just like everyone to think about this: you all say ignore the kid, just leave lip and other kids asking for tricks alone...yet, look what he has done to everyone? Aruging over whose mature, over what the world of magic should and shouldnt be, over wehter or not everyone he is a magician, and more? All from lip. But at least everyones cool now. I think we're done as far as this topic goes...peace.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 12:47 pm 
Penguin

For the spectators, it ain't magic if you give away the secrets. My 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:09 pm 
born to perform.

[edited]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2003 8:09 pm 
born to perform.

[edited] this topic is full of insulting and personal attacks, rants and raves so it must end

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3