View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:58 pm 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
I didn't call her until after I knew everything was okay. I didn't want to worry her anymore than necessary.

Keep that in mind . . . for the rest of your life.

We've both decided that I won't be replacing the majority of my items until after the wedding though.

Probably a good idea. Weddings are expensive, as are honeymoons, as are the first three years of marriage.

. . .but I can't do anything about it, so I'm not really thinking about it.

Good. If you can't fix it, there's no reason to worry about it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 9:36 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
I will also be posting my newest essay this Friday (if everything goes accordingly).

Restraunt magic 2?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 11:24 pm 
Emperor Penguin

Sorry for the delay. I'm going to have to push that back a little farther. I've just been exceptionally busy lately. I will be taking about two weeks off for a short vacation (I need to reduce some stress) and during that time I will be writing a couple of essays and starting on a pamphlet of a couple of effects. So just a little bit longer.

Post subject: Re: Busking Horror
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:15 am 

therealsuperman13 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
I noticed a couple of people that looked a little suspicious, but I didn't think much about it. They looked like they were in their late teens or early twenties, and dressed in the typical "skater" look. However, I could tell that they were acting a little fidgety. So I just assumed they were probably high, and I avoided them as much as possible.

ok well this just made me mad.

"skater look"

yea i feel bad you got mugged, but not all skater people are bad...

A Magician is attacked and injured and you are upset because of the way the “perps” are described?!?

You’re proving to be a bigger bone-head than we all thought you were.

Quote:
Pro skateboarder Brian Patch arrested on suspicion of molesting 15-year-old girl
Associated Press - Article Launched: 05/24/2008 11:03:11 PM PDT

WESTMINSTER, Calif. - A professional skateboarder is facing a felony charge of committing a lewd act with a 15-year-old girl.

The Orange County Sheriff's Department says 36-year-old Brian Patch was arrested on May 14 at his home in Westminster. He is scheduled to be arraigned next month on a charge that he molested the girl in April.

Patch has competed in many skateboard events, including the X Games.

Not all skaters are bad; some are downright rotten…

Last edited by DerZauberer on Sun May 25, 2008 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:11 pm 
Penguin

Sorry to hear about that falling.. I am not a busker but April 9th i was in a high school hockey tourny.. and our last game with 2 minutes left i got tripped from behind going to the bench. I just fell wierd on my leg and twisted it.. I broke my leg in 4 spots. 2 breaks in the tibia and 2 breaks in my ankle. I messed my leg up good i cannot do any shows or stuff now as it is a pain moving around on crutches.

PS: i am still in a cast until first week of august. (almost 4 months!)
plus after that i have to learn to walk again

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:46 am 
Penguin

Aw, all of this stuff is just sad stuff.. :(

I hope you all is better now.

I fell sorry for ALL of you guys out there who has a leg broken or that got beaten down and stabbed by rotten skaters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:53 am 
born to perform.

fallingblood wrote:
Sorry for the delay. I'm going to have to push that back a little farther. I've just been exceptionally busy lately. I will be taking about two weeks off for a short vacation (I need to reduce some stress) and during that time I will be writing a couple of essays and starting on a pamphlet of a couple of effects. So just a little bit longer.

Take all the time you need, magic is the last thing you should be worried about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 6:47 pm 
born to perform.

Wow, that's ridiculous. Pretty unnerving when something like this happens to someone I look up to as a magician. Take it easy and best of luck!

Post subject: Re: Busking Horror
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:55 pm 
born to perform.

therealsuperman13 wrote:
fallingblood wrote:
I noticed a couple of people that looked a little suspicious, but I didn't think much about it. They looked like they were in their late teens or early twenties, and dressed in the typical "skater" look. However, I could tell that they were acting a little fidgety. So I just assumed they were probably high, and I avoided them as much as possible.

ok well this just made me mad.

"skater look"

yea i feel bad you got mugged, but not all skater people are bad...

Sadly, these are often the people that cause situations like this. It's completely true.

Case in point, last night. People wearing hoodies and baggy pants (the skater look naturally) were outside a convenience store when I walked in. I was not in a bad neightbourhood there either. They were huddled, looking very clandestine, and smoking marijuana in the corner. I kept my distance and hurried into the convenience store.

A few minutes later, two of the guys come into the store. They start yelling at the store clerk in a high state, demanding that they buy "apple flavoured". "JUST GIVE ME THE PAPERS!" one of them screamed. I can't recall if they paid for them or not. They then rushed back outside, presumably to continue smoking the stuff.

Then, I was at the corner of the street waiting to cross. The group starts hurriedly dashing toward me, screaming. I was terrified. Then, one of them shouts "WHOA, THAT KID LOOKS LIKE FRASIER, THAT'S MESSED UP MAN!".... then they continued screaming and ran passed me, joints in one hand and bottles of Smirnoff vodka in the other.

Naturally, not all skaters are like this, but many I have run into are.

Post subject: Get Better Soon Mate
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:43 am 
Penguin

sorry 2 hear that, that is why my friend and i work as a team (like penn and teller, except we both talk). you should think of bringing along a magician friend who is somewhat big and scary, or just plain scary (highly recomended!) lol, feel better and i hope that you get another set of props soon!

Post subject: Re: Get Better Soon Mate
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:02 am 
born to perform.

wacko1349 wrote:
sorry 2 hear that, that is why my friend and i work as a team (like penn and teller, except we both talk). you should think of bringing along a magician friend who is somewhat big and scary, or just plain scary (highly recomended!) lol, feel better and i hope that you get another set of props soon!

Yeah but it helps if you're the big guy but the only problem is most people when you do street magic or just doing busking they tend to avoid you for some reason like you're going to hurt them or something.

If you saw me you'd know why I think that because I've spent who knows how long trying to get people to watch me perform my illusions but to date I've had MAYBE 5 groups of people stop and watch me.

That's only when I was on the street but when I went into my local bubble tea restuarant I would just sit around and do some color changes or some flourishes until people asked me the age old question, "Are you a magician?"

After that I would start with some nice and easy trick like the stuff taught in the Crash Course series from E then I'd go into A Dream Of Aces (aka MacDonald's Aces) and by that time most people in there (which is about 50-60 people on a Friday night) would just crowd around me.

That's why I like to do street magic because if you do the right tricks and get some good reactions you could have an entire place just buzzing with screaming.

Unfortunately that place closed at the end of September of '08 so now I won't be able to do that anymore and I've actually went to all of the best places where large groups of people hang out and do pretty much nothing so in other words movie theatres after the movies have ended and the mall but no matter what I do almost nobody will let me show them any of my illusions.

If anyone has any suggestions on how I can approach some group and get there attention so I can show them some of my stuff that would be really appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:27 am 
Emperor Penguin

If you can't get people to come up to you because they think you look scary, that's probably not the actual reason. Gazzo doesn't look like the friendliest person either. But he ends up getting huge crowds when he busks. From what it sounds like though, you are doing the "street magic" style of David Blaine. And then the reason is because people simply don't care, and probably find you annoying. No offense to you, but thats how many people see that type of "street" magicians.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:09 am 
born to perform.

Your are very very... tubby. I saw a vid of you. But maybe you should focus attention on 'busking' rather then David blaine street magic. Once you have a great show and info mstion how to gain crowds, you mite enjoy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:11 pm 
born to perform.

4_6 wrote:
Your are very very... tubby. I saw a vid of you. But maybe you should focus attention on 'busking' rather then David blaine street magic. Once you have a great show and info mstion how to gain crowds, you mite enjoy it.

Yeah thanks for saying that it really made me feel better about myself. I will probably start busking this year once I read To Lure With Spectacle By Jimmy Talksalot to get some tips the only problem is that there's only a few places where I live that are good places to busk and all of them would take far too long to get to the most popular place to busk would be in Granville Island because the place is huge and there's always tons of people over there but again it would probably take me a few hours just to get there because it's so far away from my house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:12 pm 
Penguin

Bro, Im very VERY sorry to hear about what happend to you. Its really a shame when someone cant go out and show an art that they have worked very hard on with out the worry of getting mugged.
Best of luck getting you props and health back.
God bless,
Josh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next