View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Pouch Idea!
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:32 pm 
Penguin

Hey Guys, I came up with an inexpensive pouch. Instead of buying a $200 pouch, you can use a deskbag. Yes, a deskbag! It has a large pocket for final loads, a medium one for ropes, cards, etc., and a small one for your cups. It is great quality, and is available at school shops, or anywhere that will sell school supplies!- Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:14 pm 
Emperor Penguin

That is a good alternative. However, I still would rather fork out the couple hundred dollars for a high quality pouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 7:07 pm 
Penguin

fallingblood wrote:
That is a good alternative. However, I still would rather fork out the couple hundred dollars for a high quality pouch.

Yeah, but Busking beginners (kinda like Me) can use it, so they can decide if they want to street perform more and get then a real one. - Kyle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:58 pm 

$200 is a good one hour hat. If you can't afford to put one hours worth of money into a professional looking pouch, then you will forever be an amateur.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 4:39 pm 
born to perform.

i agree with the posts on here but i will it is a cheap substitutes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 6:42 pm 
born to perform.

You know what's better?!!!
No pouch at all!!! :lol: JK guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:42 am 
Penguin

Paddy this is a good idea for people who want to make the money before they buy the pouch. Also, is Frank's Buskers Pouch still doing good?It looks great!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:02 pm 

cenafreak wrote:
Paddy this is a good idea for people who want to make the money before they buy the pouch. Also, is Frank's Buskers Pouch still doing good?It looks great!

I have used Gazzo's pouch when I took a masterclass from him and there is no comparison between Frank's and Gazzo's. Frank wins by 100 miles!! The stitching, the quality of the leather, the design, in every way Frank's Buskers Pouch is the BEST!!!! And it is reasonably priced, not overpriced like Gazzo's. Check out his new Jimmy Talksalot Pouch. He just sent the prototype to Jimmy for approval so I have not seen it yet, but I KNOW for a fact, that it will be HIGH Quality and priced reasonably. Frank is THE MOST HONEST magic dealer I have ever dealt with.

Paddy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:38 pm 
born to perform.

Can someone tell me what a "deskbag" is?

I don't use a pouch when busking, but I do use one for balloons. My balloon pouch is actually a mini backpack attatched to a nylon webbed belt. It's held up for the past 3 years (twice a week minimum) without any damage.

Paddy wrote:
$200 is a good one hour hat. If you can't afford to put one hours worth of money into a professional looking pouch, then you will forever be an amateur.

Come now paddy, we both know props don't make the magician. Certainly a professional set-up is a plus, but you don't need the cream of the crop your first day out (and Franks products ARE the cream of the crop).

Secondly, $200 is a good 1 hour hat for YOU, but cenafreak is new to this. It's gonna' be tough for him to build a 1 hour show let alone take in the same hats as a seasoned vet.

If I where him, I'd get the Street Pouch
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=72
Divided pockets will make keeping track of his stuff easier (a big concern for beginners) and the price tag is far less intimidating.
I to will be getting one of these when I'm ready to replace my balloon bag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:11 pm 
Penguin

dbaker_creator wrote:

something along the lines of this...
http://www.modernss.com/generatedPhotos/270/9033.jpg

but of course, it would be bigger.
its the kind of thing that fits in binders for you to carry around all your supplies.

as for why they call it a desk bag, I've never heard of that before, but
maybe, all the supplies that would be in your desk in a bag? making a deskbag?
dunno...

they are usually made by mead or five star

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:16 pm 

Don't get me wrong! You just did tho. I did not say that a one hour show should get you $200. I said you should hat at least $200 an hour. I just do sidewalk shows, shows from 10 to 15 minutes long, including hatting the crowd, then start to build a tip for the next show. I average a little over 3 shows an hour.

I think a "deskbag" may be a savant. Kosmo uses a savant on his table, he also does mostly sidewalk shows. He does have a killer circle show but when I worked with him he only did sidewalk shows and made my hats look tiny.

Props don't make the magician, that's true. However, they do count when you are entertaining. When the crowd sees a busker using cheap looking props and wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt they think BEGGER. When they look at me, or Kosmo, or Gazzo or Jimmy Talksalot, they see a person with good props and clean respectable pants and shirt, they see an entertainer. First impressions make the difference between good hats and poor hats and if you don't make that good impression in the first few seconds, you're dead meat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:42 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
cenafreak wrote:

I have used Gazzo's pouch when I took a masterclass from him and there is no comparison between Frank's and Gazzo's. Frank wins by 100 miles!! The stitching, the quality of the leather, the design, in every way Frank's Buskers Pouch is the BEST!!!! And it is reasonably priced, not overpriced like Gazzo's. Check out his new Jimmy Talksalot Pouch. He just sent the prototype to Jimmy for approval so I have not seen it yet, but I KNOW for a fact, that it will be HIGH Quality and priced reasonably. Frank is THE MOST HONEST magic dealer I have ever dealt with.

Paddy

Yes, the Jimmytalksalot pouch looks great in his video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:46 pm 
Penguin

eadanow wrote:
dbaker_creator wrote:

something along the lines of this...
http://www.modernss.com/generatedPhotos/270/9033.jpg

but of course, it would be bigger.
its the kind of thing that fits in binders for you to carry around all your supplies.

as for why they call it a desk bag, I've never heard of that before, but
maybe, all the supplies that would be in your desk in a bag? making a deskbag?
dunno...

they are usually made by mead or five star

Actually, a deskbag is a woven pouch that you put around your desk in elementary school, it looks different than that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 6:10 pm 

dbaker_creator wrote:
If I where him, I'd get the Street Pouch
http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=72
Divided pockets will make keeping track of his stuff easier (a big concern for beginners) and the price tag is far less intimidating.
I to will be getting one of these when I'm ready to replace my balloon bag.

Minor correction (more of a clarification): This bag is not divided. It's one large pouch. The divider tab you see is only at the top and is there to prevent sagging. It does help a bit to keep things separate, but there's nothing preventing items from rolling from one side to the other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:58 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Props don't make the magician, that's true. However, they do count when you are entertaining. When the crowd sees a busker using cheap looking props and wearing blue jeans and a tee shirt they think BEGGER. When they look at me, or Kosmo, or Gazzo or Jimmy Talksalot, they see a person with good props and clean respectable pants and shirt, they see an entertainer. First impressions make the difference between good hats and poor hats and if you don't make that good impression in the first few seconds, you're dead meat.

Definitely true. Appearance is important in every aspect of magic, and having props that look good/clothes that are clean are both essential.

On that note: I've seen a difference in the hats I take in on days where I've shaved vs. days where I have stubble - yep, details are THAT important.

To the show/cash ratio thing: My bad - as usual.
It's funny paddy, my arguments with you are always so very very short. They also consistently seem to lack that essential element of 'a disagreement'. Go figure :?