View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Scam them for Money (Dont Really Do it)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:47 pm 
Penguin

So i really recomend not doingthis cuz it would be stealing and depending on your beleifs, morrally wrong. If you do do it i dont like you any more. :x

But lets say your on the streets, after your performance whip out a empty match box and ask a spectator for a twenty. Take their twenty and place it in the match box, then take a twenty of your own and place it in there as well. Then offer to sell the entire match box with the $40 inside for only $30. Sounds like a good Deal right. In reality you end up making a $10 profit and they end up loosing $10.

If you do do this, i hope that you end up getting beat up by the person because the discover what you did to them. I just wanted to post this cuz i read it somewhere and thought it was pretty funny. I did it to my Bro but he thought i was doing a magic trick and his money would disapear when i gave the box to him in exchange for the 30.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:27 pm 
born to perform.

That is pointless. This isn't magic, or even a clever idea. It's just stupid.

-JT

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 4:38 pm 
born to perform.

miniserb725 wrote:
That is pointless. This isn't magic, or even a clever idea. It's just stupid.

-JT

Fully agreed. Who would even fall for this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:24 pm 
Penguin

to tell you the truth i have had a lot of people fall for it. i know it is not magic, but i usually do it, then joke with them for a bit about it, then do a matchbox routine where i make their money disipear. so for me it really works out fine. i guess that is what i was trying to say in the above post, you could use it as a joke to lead into a matchbox trick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:21 am 
born to perform.

This is actualy a scam that a lot of people do. If you look in almost any book on street or bar hustles you will find it. I have done it once but only for small money. But the more money is in the box the more willing people will be to get there hands on it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:36 am 
born to perform.

Actually, this can be used as a case study for misdirection. The spec is focused on the box, and the total amounts, not what went in to the box. The box, in the spectator's mind, is one object, not 2 twentys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:39 am 
born to perform.

Fred531 wrote:
Actually, this can be used as a case study for misdirection. The spec is focused on the box, and the total amounts, not what went in to the box. The box, in the spectator's mind, is one object, not 2 twentys.

Right if you offer to sell someone $40 for $30 they completely focus on what you said and there mind goes off the fact 20 of that is theirs. Everybody likes the idea of free money.

Juliegel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:02 am 
born to perform.

I'd like to see this deleted before any of our younger members do something stupid.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:04 am 
born to perform.

meh, you can find out how to make bombs on the internet, and there's a disclaimer in the title.

Post subject: Re: Scam them for Money (Dont Really Do it)
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:54 am 
born to perform.

jaredcolton wrote:
So i really recomend not doingthis cuz it would be stealing and depending on your beleifs, morrally wrong. If you do do it i dont like you any more. :x

But lets say your on the streets, after your performance whip out a empty match box and ask a spectator for a twenty. Take their twenty and place it in the match box, then take a twenty of your own and place it in there as well. Then offer to sell the entire match box with the $40 inside for only $30. Sounds like a good Deal right. In reality you end up making a $10 profit and they end up loosing $10.

If you do do this, i hope that you end up getting beat up by the person because the discover what you did to them. I just wanted to post this cuz i read it somewhere and thought it was pretty funny. I did it to my Bro but he thought i was doing a magic trick and his money would disapear when i gave the box to him in exchange for the 30.

Haha. You said do-do.

Well I know for sure that many people will fall for the matchbox swindle.

It's sort of like this:

Tell somebody you want to do an awareness test. Ask a few simple questions, like, "What color are my eyes?" and close your eyes. Ask, "Without looking, how many times are your laces crossed?"
Stuff like that. Then, take their wrist in your left hand, and run one finger lightly across their palm (with your other hand, of course). Ask "How long did it take for my finger to cross your palm?"
FINALLY, (while STILL HOLDING THEIR WRIST WITH YOUR LEFT HAND), put your RIGHT index finger an inch from their nose, and ask, "Am I touching you?"
Of course, they will say no, but then you just have them look down at their wrist, which is still resting in your left hand! Of course you are still touching them! Works every time.

The same principle goes for the matchbox; it just depends on where the audience's focus is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:06 am 

Dbaker suggested that this be deleted because the kiddies might try it. If anyone would try it, he might get by once. But as soon as someone realized what was going on, he might wind up in the hospital before going to jail.

Some people get very angry at being conned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:17 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
Dbaker suggested that this be deleted because the kiddies might try it. If anyone would try it, he might get by once. But as soon as someone realized what was going on, he might wind up in the hospital before going to jail.

Do my eyes decieve me or is paddy a moderator! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:55 am 

Yes he is. As of yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:59 am 
born to perform.

Why not make dbaker a moderator?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:48 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:

Why would you do it more than once to the same person.

"Hey give me another 20, lets try thar again".

Juliegel