View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: What Tricks To Get
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 11:27 am 
Penguin

For about the same price as the Gecko, you can get the Raven, Raven DVD, and the Bat. These are items I plan to get. So, I am wondering is it better to get the Raven and Bat than just the Gecko for the same price? Currently I am opting to Bat and Raven as a better deal and more effects for the price than the Gecko. Another thing I have heard is the Gecko eventually needs replacement "sticky dots" after a while, so I am wondering how much it costs if you do it constantly. Please give comments and insights.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

I would get the Gecko because it vanishes small and large items and it doesn't have to be a metal object.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:43 pm 
Penguin

coendog13 wrote:
I would get the Gecko because it vanishes small and large items and it doesn't have to be a metal object.

Thanks for your input. However I know how the Raven and the Gecko work, and if you covered the Raven with a temporary adhesive you could baiscally do the Gecko right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:22 pm 
Penguin

Plus, can you use the Gecko to vanish something in somebody elses hand? To me, that is a huge advantage with the Raven. Do you own the Gecko and/or Raven?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:36 am 
Penguin

I currently own the Raven and it truly is an amazing piece of close-up magic that happens in the spectators hands. Now I've never actually looked at the Bat, so I cannot completely comment on that particular device.
But after watching the preview for Gecko, I would suggest getting the Raven and the Gecko and don't bother with the Bat. And the reason I say that is, you can do all sorts of vanishes in the spectators hands, and then make everyday objects disappear with the Gecko, and I can see that really blowing peoples minds with it.

But then again, those are just my opinions on what I think would be more intriguing to your audience. So take into consideration what they all 3 have to offer, and think about it from the spectators point of view. But then again, just go with what you think would be a more powerful Illusion.

And if that didn't help you any, I apologize until I can get my own Gecko vanishing device. Cheers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:52 pm 
Penguin

Thanks for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 6:33 pm 

If you're going to be doing tricks that sounds good. However, if you want to perform magic, get BOOKS and DVDs and forget the tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:27 am 
Penguin

I already have read alot of books, and I'm interested in getting some good tricks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:34 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
If you're going to be doing tricks that sounds good. However, if you want to perform magic, get BOOKS and DVDs and forget the tricks.

Lol

Paddy we all love your advice. . .

But he is right. . . last order i bought 3 large books. . . the shipping almost killed me

but i think it would have been better to get over 1000 pages of matterial rather than 1 effect :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:16 pm 
Penguin

I have decided to get the Gecko and Mirage Deck. Is the Mirage Deck good?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 am 
born to perform.

I think the mirage deck is a waste personally. . .

only differnce is you can fan it, and if you cant or dont know how to fan whats the point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:09 pm 
Penguin

Can the Mirage Deck be handled by a spec? Or is it the same as the Svengali, but with something else to fan the cards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:49 pm 
Penguin

There is a deck called the Mental Photography deck. It is essentially a specially printed mirage deck. If you like the mirage principle, get that deck. Its a killer. The mirage deck itself has always, to me, seemed like gilding the lily. Its a neat idea but kind of to much deck. Its so gaffed as to be almost pointless.
Thats just my opinion though. If you like it, and works for you, then by all means get it and knock people out :)
Oh and to answer your question, no, a mirage deck cannot be examined.
Neither can a Mental photography deck though. But thats not really a big deal to me as I do not let my specs "examine" stuff.