View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:18 am 
born to perform.

Hey B Magic its good that you have one and it sounds like you know how powerful this is. The QB is expensive but its not like they SQUEAK or anything so its worth the price :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:57 am 
born to perform.

My two cents...

The price is justified in the sense of keeping the tool out of the hands of curious tricksters. However, I would never pay even $100 to bend a coin using some misdirection. This is a personal opinion; give me two pliers and Bobo's M.C.M. and I'll show you a bunch of different coin bends. Use a sharpie and some clever handling to do a signed bent coin. I'm not trying to expose anything, but I've been performing bent coins for years; it's one of the first effects I began playing around with. Laypeople do not know when you bend the coin, nor do they know how you bend it. This type of effect is 90% presentation. When someone is saying "this costs $500 kids, don't buy it!", they may very well be using reverse psychology.

IN SHORT: Don't waste your money; have fun with presenting different coin bends. If it works for you, consider investing in something like the Quantum bender.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:12 pm 
born to perform.

MadNuke I use to think they exact same way as you. I was a true believer that the effect is the same no matter what the method. And like I said earlier, I knew exactly what the gimmick was because John showed it to me but I still didn't see the point in paying his price. However, once I used it I finally understood the difference.

But then again, if everyone had this then the treasury would need to make new coins since all the ones in circulation would be bent :).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:36 pm 
Penguin

MadNuke wrote:
My two cents...

The price is justified in the sense of keeping the tool out of the hands of curious tricksters. However, I would never pay even $100 to bend a coin using some misdirection. This is a personal opinion; give me two pliers and Bobo's M.C.M. and I'll show you a bunch of different coin bends. Use a sharpie and some clever handling to do a signed bent coin. I'm not trying to expose anything, but I've been performing bent coins for years; it's one of the first effects I began playing around with. Laypeople do not know when you bend the coin, nor do they know how you bend it. This type of effect is 90% presentation. When someone is saying "this costs $500 kids, don't buy it!", they may very well be using reverse psychology.

IN SHORT: Don't waste your money; have fun with presenting different coin bends. If it works for you, consider investing in something like the Quantum bender.

Ask a spectator to take a coin out of THEIR pocket. You hand them a Sharpie and have them initial both sides of their coin. You have the make a mental note of the year and if it's a state quarter, which state. NOW for the FIRST TIME do YOU touch the quarter and it is bent right underneath their nose. It doesn't get any better than this. They can't backtrack the method.

With your Bobo method, you'd better pray that if they pull out a quarter that it's not one of the newer state quarters (80% chance it is) or you are most likely up the creek unless you quickly snatch it out of their hands before they take notice lol. Like the others have said, don't buy it! Here's a nice long thread about it:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view ... um=109&302

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 am 
born to perform.

Oops..looks like that thread got deleted because of kissdadookie jerk on the magic cafe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:58 am 
Penguin

The Quantum Bender 2.0 thread on the Cafe is back up for those who are wanting to read about this awesome effect!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 pm 
born to perform.

LuNaTiK wrote:
The Quantum Bender 2.0 thread on the Cafe is back up for those who are wanting to read about this awesome effect!

That's great. It appears that they removed the ignorant posts of kissdadookie.

8) ,

Doug

Post subject: Look into
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 9:46 am 
born to perform.

Look into David penns coin bend. Its the best out there.