View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: End of ALL coin bends
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:15 pm 
born to perform.

Sweepingreaper4 wrote:
benji11 wrote:
The Quantum Bender is the END OF ALL COIN BENDERS. John priced it so high because he doesn't want everyone to have one. So the only people who will purchase them are the people who are very serious about it and once you get it, you will get the money back tenfold from the gigs you are hired for from your QB.

John won a competition in Denver, Co at the radio station for performing the QB. A lot of magicians showed up but John did his one coin bend and won back stage passes to Criss Angel's show. A one on one session with him. VIP to several clubs where he was hanging out with Usher, etc.

To be honest, I'm glad everyone doesn't have one. I'm glad everyone thinks you can accomplish the same effect with a pre-bent coin or a boa. Just don't get mad when you lose a competition or don't get hired for a gig because another magician bent a signed coin.

If this thing gets you backstage with Criss Angel, I'm decided.

Forget that piece of crap!

Good. Don't get one. Maybe a change bag can win you a competition and get you backstage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:48 pm 

I agree with Benji. John Sheets is a good friend of mine, and being completely honest, Quantum Bender is THE coin bending effect, and perhaps one of the best, most clean, miracles you can perform. It's well worth the investment, and it WILL pay for itself in just a few performances garunteed.

I will admit, the price tag is steep, but then again, anything this good costs. The fact is you can buy a Svengali deck for a few dollars, or a coin bit for a couple bucks, but what do you really get with your money? An overexposed trick that every magician either has or got rid of at some point.

Quantum Bender is for those who take their magic seriously and want to take it to new heights. I mean, you'd have to be serious to spend that kind of dough on any effect. This one is worth the pricetag.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:04 pm 
born to perform.

Location: Waiting as a final load under a very large set of cups. It is dark......
B_Magic wrote:
I agree with Benji. John Sheets is a good friend of mine, and being completely honest, Quantum Bender is THE coin bending effect, and perhaps one of the best, most clean, miracles you can perform. It's well worth the investment, and it WILL pay for itself in just a few performances garunteed.

I will admit, the price tag is steep, but then again, anything this good costs. The fact is you can buy a Svengali deck for a few dollars, or a coin bit for a couple bucks, but what do you really get with your money? An overexposed trick that every magician either has or got rid of at some point.

Quantum Bender is for those who take their magic seriously and want to take it to new heights. I mean, you'd have to be serious to spend that kind of dough on any effect. This one is worth the pricetag.

Well put.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:11 pm 
Penguin

I am sold. I will buy this...as soon as I have enough money...which may be years... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:20 am 
born to perform.

B_Magic wrote:

I agree, you get what you pay for and the Quantum Bender is worth the coin invested in it BUT there is no way someone is going to get a gig over me just because they use that over my cheap but convincing Xpert coin bend.

AND I don't care how over exposed the $2 Svengali deck is, I will always be able to "WOW" with one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 am 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
...Maybe a change bag can win you a competition and get you backstage.

Backstage for who? If one isn't an idiot, anyone can get backstage to a magician if you desire it that bad. Magicians aren't rock stars although some might believe they are.

(Had to throw that comment out for feisty fun)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 am 
born to perform.

$2 svengali... is it bicycle or some cheap brand? svengali decks can be very entertaining when used by the right person...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:32 am 
born to perform.

I recently picked some up at the dollar store. 'Impress a few folks with them and then give the deck away to an eager youngster.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 am 
born to perform.

oh okay, I can't stand the dollar store trick decks :P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:58 pm 
born to perform.

benji11 wrote:
The Quantum Bender is the END OF ALL COIN BENDERS. John priced it so high because he doesn't want everyone to have one. So the only people who will purchase them are the people who are very serious about it and once you get it, you will get the money back tenfold from the gigs you are hired for from your QB.

John won a competition in Denver, Co at the radio station for performing the QB. A lot of magicians showed up but John did his one coin bend and won back stage passes to Criss Angel's show. A one on one session with him. VIP to several clubs where he was hanging out with Usher, etc.

To be honest, I'm glad everyone doesn't have one. I'm glad everyone thinks you can accomplish the same effect with a pre-bent coin or a boa. Just don't get mad when you lose a competition or don't get hired for a gig because another magician bent a signed coin.

:lol: No one in their right mind would spend $500 for a coin bender. I know those of you that blew your $500 are still thinking in the back of your mind, "@#%&#% I just blew $500 on this?"

Also, there is too much hanky panky going on. All that arm waving is not good misdirection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:30 am 
born to perform.

sebishungry wrote:
oh okay, I can't stand the dollar store trick decks :P

They are at my local dollar store here too. They are very, very cheap brand.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:35 pm 
born to perform.

DVLKCC wrote:
benji11 wrote:

:lol: No one in their right mind would spend $500 for a coin bender. I know those of you that blew your $500 are still thinking in the back of your mind, "@#%&#% I just blew $500 on this?"

Also, there is too much hanky panky going on. All that arm waving is not good misdirection.

I hope you keep thinking that :). It makes it better for us who have one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:46 pm 
born to perform.

I might end up buying one just to buy one... :lol:

It is overpriced for what I can only assume what the gimmick is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:39 am 
born to perform.

DVLKCC wrote:
I might end up buying one just to buy one... :lol:

It is overpriced for what I can only assume what the gimmick is.

I knew exactly what the gimmick was because John showed me and I STILL thought it was overpriced. But then I used it and I couldn't believe how much better it was than any other version out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 2:32 am 

I am a proud owner of Quantum Bender. Anyone who truly knows me and my years and years of posting and reviewing magic here at Penguin know that I ALWAYS tell it how it is. The same is true here. I was a skeptic. I thought the effect was ridiculously expensive. I thought my other coin bends/switches were just as good. I even knew how the effect was done before I saw it demo'd for me by John himself. Even with all of this, I was still FLOORED by the effect, its simplicity, and reputation-making capability. There is not one negative feeling I have about this effect, how its done, or how much it cost me. It's well worth it, and has already paid for itself many times over.

I've performed for over a decade now, and this is one trick that EVERYONE talks about! I've got people I don't even know run into me on the street, taking the bent quarter out of their purses or wallets and showing me that they've kept it as a lucky souvenir because they were so floored by this effect. I've performed many, many effects, and there are only a few that even come close to the awesomeness that is Quantum Bender.

If you think $500 is too much to pay for an effect, by all means do NOT get it In fact, the pricetag is designed to do just that: to keep away those who are not willing, able, or ready for an effect like this. Now that I own it, I'm actually glad for the pricetag and hope it never changes. It garuntees me that this reputation maker stays in the hands of the few, and is not going to be overexposed and mistreated like so many other effects you find on youtube and such. It's that great, it's something I don't leave home without, and will be something I perform probably forever. I can't see any reason why I wouldn't do this.

If I were to rewrite my absolute arsenal (search for "absolute arsenal" if you are not familiar with it), this would 100% be #1 on the list.