View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My first "busk"
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:45 pm 
Penguin

Any of you who have been to Vegas, have you seen Jungle Josh and Phat Willie outside of the Harley Davidson Cafe? They get a crowd, do street magic and get tips. I introduced myself as a magician, and there nice dudes. They got me to do some stuff for the audience they gathered and I got tipped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:11 pm 

Good for you! Since you talked to them I have a question. Were they hired by the HD Cafe to work there? Or were they freelancing?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:11 pm 
Penguin

Thanks! And really I'm not sure. I'd like to say they were because they were saying stuff like, "Brought to you by The Harley Davidson Cafe" but they were saying a lot of things just to gather a crowd. Stuff like, "The mystery of the levitating motorcycle brought to you by the Harley Davidson Cafe, we will make this motorcycle levitate show starts in one minute." And they'd say that for like 10 minutes. :lol: Once they had a crowd they would just do street magic and the audience would forget why they even stopped. :lol:
So I don't know if "Brought to you by the Harley Davidson Cafe" was just something thrown in there or if that part was true.
Cool guys though. Thy even got me into a hypnosis show for free. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:23 pm 
born to perform.

Location: France - Chuckling at funny posts - In the CPC members base
Sweet, sounds funarific.

Post subject: nice
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 12:38 am 
Penguin

sweet man, i saw them as well, although the one thing i saw them do was kinda messy and "flashy" if you get what im saying. i didnt talk 2 them however, but nice job man!

Post subject: Re: nice
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 5:56 pm 
Penguin

wacko1349 wrote:
sweet man, i saw them as well, although the one thing i saw them do was kinda messy and "flashy" if you get what im saying. i didnt talk 2 them however, but nice job man!

I think I know what your talking about. Not sure though, and thanks! It was cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:49 pm 
Penguin

Nice streak of luck that was I bet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:47 pm 
Penguin

Yeah. :) It was awesome.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:15 am 
born to perform.

Next time I go to Vegas I'll go over there and see if I can talk to them because I've got deep respect for people who busk because of all the horror stories on different magic forums of how badly they've been hurt because they busk.

I hope one of these days I can do some busking but I'm definitely going to need a table and a carrying case before I start busking because most of my stuff is designed for table tricks like NFW(you could pull that one off on the street but it's always better to see the Acesspread out onto a table at the end) Color Monte/Call Of The Wild/A Dream Of Aces(aka MacDonald's Aces) Ninja 2's ACR (which has some really cool things in it) and also Satisfaction Guaranteed which is totally amazing and you can't forget about the classic Cups & Balls it's impossible to do that without a table you can occasionally do Dai Vernon's Triumph without a table but it isn't as good when you spread through the cards at the end compared to doing a ribbon spread on a table.

But then there's always stuff like torn and restored cards which is all street and also 2 Card Monte/Clutch/Sponge Balls/The Muscle Pass/Extreme Burn/Kicker(don't mind it but I still prefer Shoe't over this one)Self Tying Shoelace (I get awesome reactions with this one) and a whole bunch of other ones that I can't remember right now.

All of the stuff I've listed is actually from my own magic library so as you can see I've spent a lot of time over the past 1.5 years trying to get a better knowledge of magic.