View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Most usefull street effect
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:41 pm 
born to perform.

what street effect do you find the most usefull? Why?

I think tarantula is most usefull because it's versitile, can be carried around unnoticed, and is almost hard to flash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:04 am 
Penguin

I think a fire wallet is most useful, since it gets the attention of people easily. I like the Tarantula and other IT effects (like loops) as well, but it is much easier to just overlook a hovering ring or a floating bill than a wallet flame.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 3:52 pm 
Penguin

Tarantula can be easily flashed but most people dont give it a second thought since it blends in.

Post subject: Here's a couple
PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:21 am 
Penguin

Now as you look at this rather long list, this is not something I always carry with me wherever I go, or something I also do in each of my performances. On some days, I will carry maybe 2-3 of any of these effects, while on others I might just carry 5 of them, but never more than 5 effects.

The I.T.C aka The Invisible Telekinetic Card by Me (Card effect I created that I always use as an opener in every routine of mine.)
    Tagged by Richard Ferguson
    Healed and Sealed 2.0 by Anders Modén
    S.O.S. Coin Production by Tim David
    Revolution Coin Vanish by Kevin Parker
    Fraud by Daniel Garcia
    Factory Sealed by Nick Verna
    Quick Silver by Gregory Wilson
    Open Palm Coins Across by Gregory Wilson
    Florida Keys by Gregory Wilson
    Ring Fright by Gregory Wilson
    Self Tying Shoelace by Jay Noblezada
    $5 and $1 Transposition by Jay Noblezada
    Extreme Burn by Richard Sanders
    Identity by Richard Sanders
    Tagged by Richard Sanders
    Flow by Dan Hauss
    Sinful aka Signed Coin through Soda Can by Wayne Houchin
    The Breach Technique (Key Bending) by Sean Fields
    On Contact (Key Bending) by Sean Fields
    Ringu (Ring Bending) by Sean Fields
    The Tesla Experiment (Crazy, visual Mentalism) by Sean Fields
    Molten (Spoon Bending) by Sean Fields
    Post Impression (Mentalism) by Sean Fields
    Double Back by Jon Allen
    Out of Control! by Sam Woodrow

It may seem like a long list, and well, it really is a long list. But these are the effects that I have performed over and over again that I can casually bring any of them up in a conversation and be ready to perform. They're all highly visual, easy to follow and a majority of them involve the spectator(s) to be involved (only if they wish to of course).

None of the effects I can honestly say I favor more than others, because at different venues with different people really take into account which effect(s) would be best suited for that venue, also along with what type of spectator(s) that I would be performing for.

But I love them all and they all hold a special place in my heart of magic.

Post subject: Re: Most usefull street effect
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:41 am 
Penguin

There is one very simple answer to this question that I am sure hundreds of street performers would agree with, the cups and balls. They allow for plenty of originality, comedy, and magic. A cups and balls routine is what the people will remember. Once that final load comes out the crowd will go wild and believe me they will pay. There is a reason why the cups and balls is the oldest recorded magic effect and still performed, it works.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:41 pm 
Penguin

shanehillman wrote:
There is one very simple answer to this question that I am sure hundreds of street performers would agree with, the cups and balls. They allow for plenty of originality, comedy, and magic. A cups and balls routine is what the people will remember. Once that final load comes out the crowd will go wild and believe me they will pay. There is a reason why the cups and balls is the oldest recorded magic effect and still performed, it works.

i agree its original and its not super hard to do

Last edited by siber_da_vinci on Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:54 am 

I mentioned in another post that I shared a pitch with Character a while ago. He used the professor's Nightmare as his closer and IT WORKED! For him. It's not what you perform, it's how you perform it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 am 
Penguin

Location: learning how to unicycle...on my roof...while juggling knives...
Hello I am fairly new to penguin and to street busking, and I wanted to know whether needle through balloon would work on the street...and yes I know its not about the trick, its about the performer and how you perform it. But I want to know if there is a reason I should not use it. I like the trick, but if there are any big drawbacks than I wont use it.

Cirkus :)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:13 pm 
Penguin

cirkus wrote:
Hello I am fairly new to penguin and to street busking, and I wanted to know whether needle through balloon would work on the street...and yes I know its not about the trick, its about the performer and how you perform it. But I want to know if there is a reason I should not use it. I like the trick, but if there are any big drawbacks than I wont use it.

Cirkus :)

well there is hardly drawbacks to it but i really don't like it because its not meant for street magic but for kids and you wont get the oooooooohs and ahhhhhhhhhs you want because most people already seen it

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:03 pm 
Penguin

I think askng what the most useful effect you can perform is the same as asking whats the best pill for a headache, it'll differ from person to person, at the moment I'm loving a 2 card monte routine thats getting great reactions at the moment