View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: first time
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:41 pm 
Penguin

im 13 and i want to do street magic but nevicenis is takeing over :? :? :? what should i do

Post subject: Re: first time
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:32 pm 
born to perform.

officialskillet wrote:
im 13 and i want to do street magic but nevicenis is takeing over :? :? :? what should i do

How long have you been practicing magic? I've done a "busking" type performance once in my life and I've gone "Blaining" about 5 times. Those street magic performances to complete strangers who had no intention of walking down the street and seeing some magic were some of the most intimidating...and rewarding...magic performances I have done. Every time I did it I performed effects that I knew backwards and forwards and had previously tried out for friends, family, or at more "official" gigs. I'd strongly recommend performing in more controlled environments before going out into the streets. Maybe you are nervous for a good reason!

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 5:24 am 
born to perform.

eostresh wrote:
officialskillet wrote:

How long have you been practicing magic? I've done a "busking" type performance once in my life and I've gone "Blaining" about 5 times. Those street magic performances to complete strangers who had no intention of walking down the street and seeing some magic were some of the most intimidating...and rewarding...magic performances I have done. Every time I did it I performed effects that I knew backwards and forwards and had previously tried out for friends, family, or at more "official" gigs. I'd strongly recommend performing in more controlled environments before going out into the streets. Maybe you are nervous for a good reason!

Great advice.....

performing to total strangers that are not expecting magic is DEFINITELY daunting. Have to say though, the BCS has floored some of the people I've "blained" it for. :lol:

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 12:50 pm 

officialskillet wrote:

What is that??? Just from this post, youngster, I see problems in your skill level.

1. 13 is too young to be on the street busking. The street can be a dangerous place.

2. To really perform magic requires attention to LITTLE details. You obviously don't have the ability to pay close attention to such details as spelling, using a spell checker, punctuation, capitalization, and other things that would make this post readable, let alone understandable.

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 6:55 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
officialskillet wrote:

What is that??? Just from this post, youngster, I see problems in your skill level.

1. 13 is too young to be on the street busking. The street can be a dangerous place.

2. To really perform magic requires attention to LITTLE details. You obviously don't have the ability to pay close attention to such details as spelling, using a spell checker, punctuation, capitalization, and other things that would make this post readable, let alone understandable.

im not busking im just doing magic not for money just to meet people

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:03 am 

First, you still have not explained what "nevicenis" means.

As to the last comment about wanting to blaine. DON'T!! That idiot went out with a camera crew and a group of actors that played the part of the audience. Blaine was a TV show, rehearsed edited and fake. Kids trying this only get people angry.

It has been written "if you are not prepared to devote time and effort to prepare, don't attempt to perform." You don't realize that the "easy way" is to practice 1 hour for every minute of the trick (and there is a minimum of 5 minutes to every trick when you ionclude patter.) THEN you rehearse for one hour for every minute of the trick. Yes there is a difference between practice and rehearsals. This is the easy way. The hard way takes more time and effort.

Put in time not only to magic but to homework and you be successful, no effort on either one means the opposite results.

Paddy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:55 pm 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
First, you still have not explained what "nevicenis" means.

As to the last comment about wanting to blaine. DON'T!! That idiot went out with a camera crew and a group of actors that played the part of the audience. Blaine was a TV show, rehearsed edited and fake. Kids trying this only get people angry.

It has been written "if you are not prepared to devote time and effort to prepare, don't attempt to perform." You don't realize that the "easy way" is to practice 1 hour for every minute of the trick (and there is a minimum of 5 minutes to every trick when you ionclude patter.) THEN you rehearse for one hour for every minute of the trick. Yes there is a difference between practice and rehearsals. This is the easy way. The hard way takes more time and effort.

Put in time not only to magic but to homework and you be successful, no effort on either one means the opposite results.

Paddy

agin im 13 and i have been doing magic for 4 yeas so i thinkim reddy

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:32 pm 

You scribbled "agin im 13 and i have been doing magic for 4 yeas so i thinkim reddy." I had to add the period for you. Look at my first response to you and reread item 2. OK, never mind I'll quote it verbatim. "2. To really perform magic requires attention to LITTLE details. You obviously don't have the ability to pay close attention to such details as spelling, using a spell checker, punctuation, capitalization, and other things that would make this post readable, let alone understandable."

I speak, read, and write 8 different languages in 4 different alphabets and your posts have been very difficult to read.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:58 pm 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
You scribbled "agin im 13 and i have been doing magic for 4 yeas so i thinkim reddy." I had to add the period for you. Look at my first response to you and reread item 2. OK, never mind I'll quote it verbatim. "2. To really perform magic requires attention to LITTLE details. You obviously don't have the ability to pay close attention to such details as spelling, using a spell checker, punctuation, capitalization, and other things that would make this post readable, let alone understandable."

I speak, read, and write 8 different languages in 4 different alphabets and your posts have been very difficult to read.

:shock: I can only speak, read and write pretty much two languages. Paddy, You're one of the only guys here who give solid, hardcore advice. I appreciate that.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 11:05 pm 
Emperor Penguin

officialskillet wrote:

Quote:
agin im 13 and i have been doing magic for 4 yeas so i thinkim reddy

These two posts are kinda contradicting.

You're obviously not ready... simple as that. Need to mature alittle more, do some research, and gain some knowledge before hitting the real world.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 7:10 am 
Penguin

paddy wrote:
You scribbled "agin im 13 and i have been doing magic for 4 yeas so i thinkim reddy." I had to add the period for you. Look at my first response to you and reread item 2. OK, never mind I'll quote it verbatim. "2. To really perform magic requires attention to LITTLE details. You obviously don't have the ability to pay close attention to such details as spelling, using a spell checker, punctuation, capitalization, and other things that would make this post readable, et al

i dont care inm going to do it aney ways

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:39 am 
born to perform.

skillet, you can do it anyways if you want. But nobody is going to help you if you have a poor attitude. There are lots of threads hear about nervousness. You should do a search or at least look on the advice forum. Good luck.

Adam

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 12 posts ]