View Cart | View Account | Help
Order by phone: 800-880-2592
Check out our favorite NEW ARRIVALS
Need it fast? Order before 4pm Eastern and your order ships SAME DAY.

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Seeking Close-Up Magicians for Charity Gala, NYC - Major Med
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:46 pm 
Penguin

Hey, All

ASAOPE, LLC (www.ASAOPE.com - www.TUCHTtheMOVIE.com) is seeking Close-Up Magicians for Walk-Around at a Charity Gala in NYC (the DROM: http://www.dromnyc.com/gallery/342/drom-interior-photos)

This is a Press/Media event, in conjunction with ChildHelp.org & ChildrenWithoutAVoice.org; major press/media exposure, celebrity guests (including cast-member Joe Donofrio: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5G1qd2gT1eQ)

Live Entertainment, Open-Bar, Complimentary Buffet, Live DJ, Photo-Opps, Networking...

Entertainers are "comped" 3 TIX for personal-guests.

DATE: April 21, 2011 (7:30p-3:30a; there is a formal stage-show, including live-band, 9-10p - but walk-around magicians will perform approx. 2-hrs throughout eve, then free to party-hearty for the CAUSE - APRIL is Child-Abuse Awareness month)

for any/all further info, please contact ANDREA asap: tucht@asaope.com

Peace, Love, & Success
Alex Molina
AD, ASAOPE

Post subject: Re: Seeking Close-Up Magicians for Charity Gala, NYC - Major
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:57 am 

You don't ask a doctor to practice for 3 tix why ask an entertainer. Anything free is worth what you paid for it. Any good entertainer will not do it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:44 am 
born to perform.

paddy wrote:
You don't ask a doctor to practice for 3 tix why ask an entertainer. Anything free is worth what you paid for it. Any good entertainer will not do it.

Some doctors will help out for free. I not the best close up magician by far but I would if I lived there. I put on free shows for sick kids from time to time. Just seeing a smile on there face sometimes is payment. Its not all about money all the time. This is just me. Not saying your not right Paddy. Not everybody is the same.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:10 am 
Penguin

Well Aces if you wont say it, I will. Paddy your wrong on this one buddy.
anyone with no other paying gigs that night should do it!
get out there, network, perform, get your busniess cards out, make some contacts, impress and amaze the guests. its for a great cause. born to perform!! all day, everyday,
cheers

DC

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:55 am 
born to perform.

dckb wrote:
Well Aces if you wont say it, I will. Paddy your wrong on this one buddy.
anyone with no other paying gigs that night should do it!
get out there, network, perform, get your busniess cards out, make some contacts, impress and amaze the guests. its for a great cause. born to perform!! all day, everyday,
cheers

DC

Yes thats the way it should be. If everbody is in it just for them selfs thats where you will end up in the end ( by your self )

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:49 am 
born to perform.

Hmm, I think I have to side with Paddy on this one.
Don't get me wrong, i am all for volunteer work to help out a cause, but i think it is the assumption that we will do it for free. With the exception of one event that my good friend was in charge of running and he asked me if I could do some magic, I have volunteered for all my free shows, not been asked to volunteer.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:09 am 

I, myself, have done and will do freebies for charities that I chose. However there are restictions for me. If any other act is paid, if the charity is a true charity, not one just set up, like this one. And if the staff and particularly the head of the organization is making a large salary then NO!

As to the last condition, there is a "charity" that the San Diego CA LOCAL director's salary is $1,000,000.00 (That's 1 Million dollars) a year. They get nothing free from me. Also last year I got a call from the Cincinnati Reds Major League baseball team asking us to do balloons and face painting for a 2 hour gig before a game with the N.Y. Yankees. When I quoted a price they actually said "we need you to donate it because are a non profit organization." A major league baseball team is "non profit????"